The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old Today, 11:09 AM   #801
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Well if you really think that SM1's CGI looks better than most CGI today then the more power to you. Some CGI will age well and others not so much.
I never said it looks better than most of the CGI today. I said it looks better than some of the CGI you see today. You yourself listed like what four shots out of the whole movie you think look dodgy, and said the rest looks good.

So you get my point. Overall the CGI holds up. Not as impressive as it sequels, or other CBMs sure, but it still holds up well.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #802
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I never said it looks better than most of the CGI today. I said it looks better than some of the CGI you see today. You yourself listed like what four shots out of the whole movie you think look dodgy, and said the rest looks good.

So you get my point.
Those four shots stand out terribly, and there is more to it than that (e.g. during some swinging shots, Spider-Man looks too weightless). The point I was trying to make is that the CGI for SM1 is a mixed bag. It either looks incredible or really horrible at different moments, so that's one of the few things that reminds me that the film is 14 years old. I don't feel like going in circles anymore so... kudos.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:19 AM   #803
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Those four shots stand out terribly, and there is more to it than that (e.g. during some swinging shots, Spider-Man looks too weightless). The point I was trying to make is that the CGI for SM1 is a mixed bag. It either looks incredible or really horrible at different moments, so that's one of the few things that reminds me that the film is 14 years old. I don't feel like going in circles anymore so... kudos.
"The really, really bad moments:

*spider-man climbing up the wall after Uncle Ben dies*
*unity day festival balloons*
*green goblin catching spider-man after gassing him*
*spider-man trying to catch the tram car after green goblin hits him*

The rest I think was really good, such as the final swing or Spider-Man dodging the razor bats in the burning building."

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=788

Just going by what you said. You seem to be changing your stance now. Anyway yeah kudos.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:25 AM   #804
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I posted a few of the really bad moments, but there are more. The point I was trying to make is that the good CGI is very, very good, and the bad CGI is horrendous. That's all.

----------

Anyways, what are some of your favorite moments from SM1? I have to give it to the upside-down kiss. So iconic.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"

Last edited by Picard Sisko; Today at 11:28 AM.
Picard Sisko is online now   Reply With Quote