The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #176
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 11 "I Ain't a Judas" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
You know, the more I think about the whole Woodbury vs The Prison thing, the more flawed I see the reasoning. There is one person to blame for all of this, Merle. If Merle leaves Glenn and Maggie alone while on their run, none of what came after would have happened. Does that excuse The Governor's actions? Not entirely but it really does seem on both sides that if you remove Merle from the equation they could have continued to live peacefully.

Also, ego comes into play. As The Governor had his eyes on the prison but Merle told him it would be impossible. Then you have a group of 5 or 6 people just clear it out. His ego really took a hit with that.
While that's true for the immediate conflict, I think it was inevitable. Let's not forget that the governor murdered all those soldiers. He's a dictator. His way or the highway (full of walkers).

And given their proximity, sooner or later they would have come into contact and conflict.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #177
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 11 "I Ain't a Judas" Discussion Thread

Eh, I don't know. It really did seem like The Governor had written off the prison at that point.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #178
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
You know, the more I think about the whole Woodbury vs The Prison thing, the more flawed I see the reasoning. There is one person to blame for all of this, Merle. If Merle leaves Glenn and Maggie alone while on their run, none of what came after would have happened. Does that excuse The Governor's actions? Not entirely but it really does seem on both sides that if you remove Merle from the equation they could have continued to live peacefully.

Also, ego comes into play. As The Governor had his eyes on the prison but Merle told him it would be impossible. Then you have a group of 5 or 6 people just clear it out. His ego really took a hit with that.
Or Shane could have used a condom. Then there would have been no Judith Asskicker Grimes to fetch formula for.

Or Rick could have been sure about that one prisoner's death, and he wouldn't have set off the alarm that led to Carol getting trapped and Maggie performing an amateur c-section on Lori that killed her and her breast milk.

Actually, Rick should probably beat himself up more for not killing that prisoner.

I kind of see Merle's picking them up as Merle just doing his job, it just so happened that one of them was an accomplice in him getting shackled to a rooftop. So instead of getting a bed and bath, they were treated like POWs.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #179
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Well I mean they all could've blown themselves up along with Jenner at the CDC.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #180
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I wouldn't be shocked if the Zombie Apocalypse was Rick's fault.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #181
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

He fell asleep on the job.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #182
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I'm still in the belief that Andrea and Michonne were more than friends during that long winter. At least, that's how it comes off when Michonne and Andrea are around each other.
I felt like that too. Didn't Merle even joke about that after him and Darryl was rescued ?

Last edited by ShredderX; 02-28-2013 at 10:59 PM.
ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #183
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

He did, I think it's likely that Mazzara may be a HUGE Michonne/Andrea shipper.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote