Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #976
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Except, the older show is pretty dark and great to watch, the newer show is almost like piss
both the ultimate spider-man and batman brave and the bold have silly and dark moments

a whole episode of batman brave and the bold where it was like wacky races (silly)

an episode of ultimate spiderman where wolverine and peter swap bodies
(silly)

then you have dark moments in both like batman finding the guy who killed his parents, or spider-man with the creation of the green goblin

some were more sillier or darker then others but still

Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #977
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Times Square, eh? Interesting. TAS-M 2 BETTER remove the bad taste in my mouth that TAS-M left!!!!!!! And a Times Square battle between Spidey and Electro would definitely help(as well as just a better overall film, lol).

The flashback idea makes me think of Rhino immediately, and I don't really know why, haha.

ALSO....as I said, Webb will make his Peter work for the Daily Bugle after he graduates just as Raimi did(since it's the smartest route) and if Peter is indeed going to be in college...then I think it may be all the more clearer that ol' Pete has a job in the sequel

Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #978
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I noticed that the model the executive producer is standing next to is a miniature version of Times Square. You can see the red steps in the center of it.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #979
socool
True

A fight in Times Square?

Awwww, yeah.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #980
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

I hope they have put a plan in place for IF a fourth movie is greenlit. One of the issues with Spider-Man 3 and then Spider-Man 4 was that so many ideas were thrown at Spider-Man 3, some old and planned and some literally at the last minute, meaning it was pretty much a jumbled movie. Going forward with SM4 it would have felt near impossible to know where to pick up or go with that. (They could have had Peter and MJ learnt from their mistakes while Peter tries to become a teacher and tackles the Vulture and the Lizard or something. Mary Jane finds success on a TV show and then they get married at the end.) But I guess demands were sky high for SM4. One thing they can do this time round is plan out where the whole series will go, they have a three picture deal so I imagine they have a plan in place for the third movie and then hopefully have ideas for the fourth. I think it's more than likely a third movie will do well, but a fifth movie would most likely depend on the success of the fourth movie.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #981
Fondue
Side-Kick

footage of shooting! Shai, Emma and maybe Electro?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Fondue; 03-13-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #982
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
footage of shooting! Shai, Emma and maybe Electro?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Fixed for you.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #983
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I hope they have put a plan in place for IF a fourth movie is greenlit. One of the issues with Spider-Man 3 and then Spider-Man 4 was that so many ideas were thrown at Spider-Man 3, some old and planned and some literally at the last minute, meaning it was pretty much a jumbled movie. Going forward with SM4 it would have felt near impossible to know where to pick up or go with that. (They could have had Peter and MJ learnt from their mistakes while Peter tries to become a teacher and tackles the Vulture and the Lizard or something. Mary Jane finds success on a TV show and then they get married at the end.) But I guess demands were sky high for SM4. One thing they can do this time round is plan out where the whole series will go, they have a three picture deal so I imagine they have a plan in place for the third movie and then hopefully have ideas for the fourth. I think it's more than likely a third movie will do well, but a fifth movie would most likely depend on the success of the fourth movie.
It will depend on how they plan out ASM3. Part of the reason it was so tough to come up with a logical progression of the story for SM4 was that SM3 didn't really leave much room for that particular series to go. At least not in the amount of time that they needed to come up with a great story anyways. Raimi said he would have only done SM4 if it could have been a redemption of SM3 and left us with the "best SM movie." They weren't able to come up with that, so he decided not to pursue it.

ASM3 needs to leave some doors open or at least create a sense of possibility towards the end, that there could or should be more to the story.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #984
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
I noticed that the model the executive producer is standing next to is a miniature version of Times Square. You can see the red steps in the center of it.
Going to be a second Spider-Man movie with a fight in TS
I hope it's night, just cause that Venom vs Electro fight in Times Square at night from Ultimate Spider-Man the game is awesome

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.

W.H.O.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #985
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Apparently what falls under the umbrella of "important" on these boards, is complaining that Mary Jane isn't "hot" enough, complaining that Lizard doesn't have a snout, complaining about costumes not looking 100% "from the comic", etc...

So many important things.
She's not HOT, but she's not unattractive. She's kind of cute.

Ok, but seriously, you're right. People need to remember this is a MESSAGE BOARD. No one here has any legit information to discuss. It's all speculation and free time fun. If we were only discussing the important things, the boards would have died after saying "Iron Man was great" and "Marc Webb did a good job." It's for fun people. Sheesh.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #986
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. Damn, for a while there, I was starting to think I'd stumbled into some misanthropic bizzaro universe of zero accountability for ones actions. Creepy.
You have.... it's called Democratic America in the 21st Century. It's sad, but people really do feel no accountability or responsibility for anything. Everyone is selfish and wants a hand out. It's a mad mad mad mad world now.

HOWEVER, if you find yourself a beautiful, short brunette woman with wide hips and smooth skin that'll watch horror movies with you and you'll forget all about it.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #987
Anno_Domini
Banned User

So my friend wanted to give me his Blu-ray copy of TAS-M because he didn't want it anymore(and I didn't want it) and he just sent me a text that he found someone that'd take it from him at his work, so yay for the random guy, lol. And for the longest I thought my friend liked TAS-M too...is there a special edition coming out or something that I am not aware of? Hearing about him wanting to get rid of it certainly confused me.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #988
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
You have.... it's called Democratic America in the 21st Century. It's sad, but people really do feel no accountability or responsibility for anything. Everyone is selfish and wants a hand out. It's a mad mad mad mad world now.

HOWEVER, if you find yourself a beautiful, short brunette woman with wide hips and smooth skin that'll watch horror movies with you and you'll forget all about it.

Well said on both accounts.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #989
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So my friend wanted to give me his Blu-ray copy of TAS-M because he didn't want it anymore(and I didn't want it) and he just sent me a text that he found someone that'd take it from him at his work, so yay for the random guy, lol. And for the longest I thought my friend liked TAS-M too...is there a special edition coming out or something that I am not aware of? Hearing about him wanting to get rid of it certainly confused me.
sounds like his loss man

Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #990
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

lol. "I can't even give this stuff away!"

Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #991
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

@MarcW: Day 27. Charlie and Scott working on Gwen's cubicle.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #992
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm guessing the green screen means more holograms at Oscorp.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #993
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
eh... you never really get over someones death. you just learn to get back to your life and move on and move forward. It's about coping.

hell peter isn't over his parents or ben's death either. I don't think people are expecting MJ and Peter to hook up at the end of AMZ3.... and be a happy couple as if gwen never existed.

Personally if i had my way i'd make the next part of the story (next 3 films) be about the symbiote, and peter pulling a "Peter Parker No More" it'd be a darker trilogy about peter trying to cope with gwens death and how he becomes irresponsible along the way of it. basically he wants to be a full time spider-man and not be peter parker. Since it's people close to peter parker who get killed.

This trilogy would deal with Black Cat (who is introduced early on and teaches him to love being a hero again, but ultimately hates he's peter parker), Kraven's Last Hunt (bringing back lizard in Vermin's role), the Black Costume feeding off peter's heartache, harry's drug addiction (mirroring peter's addiction to the black suit) Venom of course, and you could probably throw another villain or two in their somewhere... That trilogy ends with Peter and MJ together (she loves him for who he is), the symbiote gone, and peter fully understanding the balance of hero and man between both the parker and spidey sides.

Then if they want 1 more film at least... accumulate it into some massive Sin Six-esque arc that ties in both previous trilogies.
that's solid, i like that. i usually come up with a real similar thing, but details &different villains depending.

The Venom thing really needs 3 movies to tell right.
I've thought about this a lot and the Venom story really breaks down perfectly into a classic trilogy, which cooks down to...
1 - main villain, possibly room for minor villain. introduce symbiote as black suit giving more power. ends on high, Peter with MJ.

2 - picks up with high. introduce main villain and also, separately, Black Cat. high turns to crazy, problems all over in Peters life. ends on very low point for Peter and Spider-Man. doubt and loss. last scene, suit finds new host, Venom vows to itself to ruin Peter's life.

3 - full on Venom. ends with redemption with MJ and resolution with Black Cat as far as being a love interest goes.

Black Cat always works so well during Peter's 'lost symbiote weekend' period that I'd almost hate to see her used in any other context for a movie now.

it's really such an obviously structured trilogy type of story that it just seems crazy what Sony and Raimi ended up doing with Spidey 3.

I really doubt that Webb's gonna really be up for a whole Venom trilogy and it's too bad, because I actually see his tone with TASM being a great fit for Venom.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #994
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm hoping we get an epic Times Square fight with Electro.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #995
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well said on both accounts.
You have made a new friend today, sir.

and for the record, tomorrow with aforementioned brunette, Sinister, my couch.

Not Spiderman related, but she loves Emma Stone, so there's your connection.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #996
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
that's solid, i like that. i usually come up with a real similar thing, but details &different villains depending.

The Venom thing really needs 3 movies to tell right.
I've thought about this a lot and the Venom story really breaks down perfectly into a classic trilogy, which cooks down to...
1 - main villain, possibly room for minor villain. introduce symbiote as black suit giving more power. ends on high, Peter with MJ.

2 - picks up with high. introduce main villain and also, separately, Black Cat. high turns to crazy, problems all over in Peters life. ends on very low point for Peter and Spider-Man. doubt and loss. last scene, suit finds new host, Venom vows to itself to ruin Peter's life.

3 - full on Venom. ends with redemption with MJ and resolution with Black Cat as far as being a love interest goes.

Black Cat always works so well during Peter's 'lost symbiote weekend' period that I'd almost hate to see her used in any other context for a movie now.

it's really such an obviously structured trilogy type of story that it just seems crazy what Sony and Raimi ended up doing with Spidey 3.

I really doubt that Webb's gonna really be up for a whole Venom trilogy and it's too bad, because I actually see his tone with TASM being a great fit for Venom.
great ideas.

I'd throw in "shocker" as a loser villain (not a major villain) who basically is introduced for a cool fight scene and to let peter learn the symbiotes weakness to sonic noise. (he get's blasted by shocker ).

it's a nice reference to also lead to peter's intelligence which was glossed over in the raimi films.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #997
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread