The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Favorite CBM Threequel?
Avengers: Infinity War 20 19.61%
Thor: Ragnarok 10 9.80%
Justice League 0 0%
Captain America: Civil War 25 24.51%
Iron Man 3 1 0.98%
The Dark Knight Rises 25 24.51%
X-Men: The Last Stand 0 0%
Spider-Man 3 1 0.98%
Logan 19 18.63%
X-Men: Apocalypse 0 0%
Batman Forever 0 0%
Superman III 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #126
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Default Re: Best Third Installment in a Superhero Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvtLeeTDK View Post
Well if that's the case, why Black Panther beat Wonder Woman by a long distance ? Sure Wonder Woman is not far off Black Panther so using your logic it should've wom because DC posters are everywhere.

If Rises wins this thread, it's because many people think Rises is the best. End of Story.
We're talking about the difference of a few votes.

There was another poll on here between CW and TDKR and it looks like CW came out on top by a few votes.

So many people thought that CW was the better of the 2.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #127
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Did I ever mention that none of the X-Men movies since 2011 really acknowledge Origins? I might discount Logan as a threequel because of that.
The real shame is that Liev Shriber didn't play Sabretooth again.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #128
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
We're talking about the difference of a few votes.

There was another poll on here between CW and TDKR and it looks like CW came out on top by a few votes.

So many people thought that CW was the better of the 2.
That was another great thread showing TDKR's popularity. It was up against the beloved CW, and it was snapping at its heels in the poll the whole way. Even even ahead of it in the numbers for a long time, too.

If we really were in a DC dominated forum, that's how most of those polls would go. Instead of Marvel leaving them behind in the dust like the majority of them do. Which reflects reality, because sad to say most DC movies are not good. Marvel has them beat in the ratio of good to bad CBMs. Not just in the MCU. Raimi's Spider-Man movies, the X-Men movies etc. Marvel have been mostly lucky with their brand.

Whereas DC have only had very few jewels in their crown. TDK trilogy, Superman '78, WW, and I guess Batman '89 for what it did for the Batman brand and superhero movies.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 05-25-2018 at 01:43 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #129
scarlet-witch
BRING ME THANOS

1) Civil War
2) Infinity War
3) Thor: Ragnarok

Old 05-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #130
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Spider-man 3 over Thor Ragnarok.... because Spider-man 3 has it's own personality?

How does that work?
I just enjoyed Spider-Man 3 more, and I know that is a very minority opinion and won't try to convince anyone. It probably helps the first two came out as I was growing up, so I have a real emotional connection to those characters. I also will say it is perhaps a slightly better trilogy closer in the sense that it really ties up narrative threads about Peter, Harry, and MJ, and all their relationships, whereas Thor 3 pretty much wipes everything about the first two movies away. Which is fine, Planet Hulk is better than anything in the first two movies, but there is something very "efficient," too much so, with the way Odin, The Warriors Three, and ultimately all of Asgard is dispatched.

... But I ain't going to try to convince anyone on this.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:42 PM   #131
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I think the top five are pretty clear cut. TDKR, Civil War, Ragnarok, Logan, and Infinity War in some particular order. Those can be rearranged different ways but those five are clearly above the rest. Then there is a gap and then Iron Man 3 pretty well stands alone at #6. Then there is another gap and Spider-Man 3 at #7. And nothing else after that is even worth bothering with at this point. Batman Forever is probably my favorite of the rest, which isn't saying a whole lot.
I actually disagree with Iron Man 3 being clearly better than SM3. I think they're both in that middle area. Hell, I'm not sure I like IM3 more than Batman Forever or XMA (it's definitely better than them, but... anyway).

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #132
Adhesive Boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Another fact for you; outside of the TDK trilogy, WW, and Superman '78.....what DC movies do fare well on polls here? I mean you're moving goal posts now picking and choosing what movies are applicable here, when originally you said the forum is DC dominated, so why should it matter which movie it is as long as the DC fan base is dominating the numbers? The DC movies should be slaying the polls, or at least giving the Marvel ones a close run for their money. But aside from the four aforementioned DC movies, that never happens.

Yes, people are interested in DC. That doesn't mean the end product that DC turns out is the most liked. As the DCEU has proven time and again. So coming in here and telling me that that TDKR is winning because we are in a DC dominated forum is total bull.

The only thing you have said that has any merit to it is that TDKR is well regarded. Always has been. A loud vocal minority sometimes gives the impression otherwise, but when it comes to seeing the actual numbers, its always a different story. Unlike with other DC movies, which often have the low numbers to match the vocal criticism.
No, I'm saying exactly what I said from the start. DC generates more interest on this forum and there's only one movie in this list that is generally seen as well made, so it's just not strange that it gets votes. A movie having a concept that we like always helps. You just read a bunch of other things into it for some reason.

I couldn't give a crap about what's generally liked or not. I'm not insecure about my own opinions and I don't give minority opinions any less weight than the majority ones.

Adhesive Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:35 PM   #133
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhesive Boy View Post
No, I'm saying exactly what I said from the start. DC generates more interest on this forum and there's only one movie in this list that is generally seen as well made, so it's just not strange that it gets votes. A movie having a concept that we like always helps. You just read a bunch of other things into it for some reason.

I couldn't give a crap about what's generally liked or not. I'm not insecure about my own opinions and I don't give minority opinions any less weight than the majority ones.
Two things;

1. Nobody said it was strange that its getting votes. Its a long standing myth here that TDKR is somehow hated or unpopular. Loud vocal minorities gave that impression. Threads like this show otherwise. That was the point raised. Not that it was strange its doing so well. Its always fared well on polls here. And probably always will.

2. Again, the fact is that generating interest doesn't equal more votes if the final product is not good. Even if the product is seen as good, that is not a guarantee it will win the polls here just because its DC. Cases like WW being left in the dust against movies like BP show that. Again this is fact, not opinion. Man f Steel, Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, Justice League.....these are all concepts we like. Unfortunately the execution of them by WB left a lot to be desired. There was huge interest in them at the time, and people wanted them to be awesome. But at the end of the day, if it isn't good it won't win popularity polls, no matter how much interest they had, or how many DC fans populate the place.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 05-26-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #134
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I just enjoyed Spider-Man 3 more, and I know that is a very minority opinion and won't try to convince anyone. It probably helps the first two came out as I was growing up, so I have a real emotional connection to those characters. I also will say it is perhaps a slightly better trilogy closer in the sense that it really ties up narrative threads about Peter, Harry, and MJ, and all their relationships, whereas Thor 3 pretty much wipes everything about the first two movies away. Which is fine, Planet Hulk is better than anything in the first two movies, but there is something very "efficient," too much so, with the way Odin, The Warriors Three, and ultimately all of Asgard is dispatched.

Some of that makes sense.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #135
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Roegele View Post
The real shame is that Liev Shriber didn't play Sabretooth again.
He should return as the villain in Deadpool 3.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #136
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post

If you are not put off some of Raimi's odd choices, then 3 is a really good third chapter for the characters. I love all the dancing and nonsense so this would rank pretty high for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhesive Boy View Post

For what it's worth mate, it makes perfect sense to me.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:45 AM   #137
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
If you are not put off some of Raimi's odd choices, then 3 is a really good third chapter for the characters. I love all the dancing and nonsense so this would rank pretty high for me.
I love how the montage after Eddie getting fired still gives me a good laugh.

Will always put it ahead of Tobey getting a slap to his back with Raindrop montage from Spider-Man 2.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #138
Chip Chipperson
I’m in charge here

Quote:
It gladens my heart to see TDKR get so many votes.
Same, except it’s heartburn

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #139
Awest66
Side-Kick

Even though I voted for Logan, it's really satisfying to see TDKR and Civil War tied.

Awest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:47 PM   #140
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I rather love TDKR, Logan and Civil War. So I am all good.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:33 PM   #141
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

I don't have a real issue with the top 5 votegetters so far since they're all pretty worthy films.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:16 AM   #142
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Same, except it’s heartburn
Oh I'll bet its a burn alright

- The Joker
Old 05-28-2018, 03:54 AM   #143
Nardz937
Side-Kick

I accidentally voted for Infinity War instead of Logan.

D'oh!

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #144
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
I accidentally voted for Infinity War instead of Logan.

D'oh!
Freudian slip.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #145
The_Manhunter
DCEU & MCU Fan

Quote:

Yeah that's why the DCEU movies are such losers in the polls around here. Because the DC sub forums dominate everything. Even the DCEU's best effort didn't come within an inch of beating BP; http://forums.superherohype.com/show...t=wonder+woman

Thor the Dark World can whup BvS' butt in a poll here; http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=540485

And you think the DC sub forums dominate. Must be nice to live in denial.
It's because this site pretty much hates the DCEU irrationaliy.

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #146
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I think my dislike for DCEU in general is quite rational.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #147
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I think my dislike for DCEU in general is quite rational.
I think mine is about the MCU but I'm thought to be stark (no pun intended) raving mad for my dislike of the MCU (but not Marvel characters I'll add).

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #148
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post
It's because this site pretty much hates the DCEU irrationaliy.
Ehhh no, the hatred it gets is very rational. And justified.

- The Joker
Old 05-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #149
Chip Chipperson
I’m in charge here

No I believe I’ve explained my problems with the DCEU many a times

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:15 PM   #150
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

I think it's been pretty well-stated by multiple people why the DCEU is an absolute trainwreck (save for WW and maybe MoS) compared to the MCU.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote