View Poll Results: Which film is better
Thor (2011) 110 43.31%
Thor: The Dark World (2013) 123 48.43%
Tie 21 8.27%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2014, 01:59 AM   #376
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Lol.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:56 AM   #377
one4smoke
Side-Kick

Now that some time has gone by, I wonder if all that voted TDW still feel the same?

I originally voted the first Thor best, with about a 65/35 ratio. Now, I still say Thor is the best, but at a much higher 90/10 ratio.

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #378
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

I have always thought Thor was the much better movie, my favourite phase 1 movie. Were as TDW is the worst MCU movie for me.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #379
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Nah I still enjoy it greatly and slightly prefer TDW over Thor.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #380
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

I don't let other people's opinions dictate my enjoyment of something. I actually hold both Thor films in high regard but the edge still goes to TDW. Maybe it's because I'm such a Thor nut but I just love this film and I like it way more than Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought that film was pretty darn good. Deciding between Winter Soldier and Dark World is tougher for me but I still thought TDW was overall more fun. I find the Thor films and the Avengers are the MCU films I rewatch the most followed by Cap's two films.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #381
one4smoke
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
I don't let other people's opinions dictate my enjoyment of something. I actually hold both Thor films in high regard but the edge still goes to TDW. Maybe it's because I'm such a Thor nut but I just love this film and I like it way more than Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought that film was pretty darn good. Deciding between Winter Soldier and Dark World is tougher for me but I still thought TDW was overall more fun. I find the Thor films and the Avengers are the MCU films I rewatch the most followed by Cap's two films.
This poll was taken right after TDW release which helped the votes sway toward TDW. If taken now, I think it would be a different result.

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #382
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by one4smoke View Post
This poll was taken right after TDW release which helped the votes sway toward TDW. If taken now, I think it would be a different result.
Well perhaps but if so it's probably because the people that linger on this site tend to vocally hate this film. When it first came out I'm sure it attracted people who actually enjoyed the film and rated accordingly and aren't regulars. General audience ratings for TDW are higher than the first Thor on other sites like Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB. I happen to love them both.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #383
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

^I think personally there is a lot more good will for the first movie than TDW, many found TDW really disappointing, myself included. Just look at the Rate TDW now thread in the marvel section to see what I mean.

After TWS and GOTG came out, TDW just seems even more of a let down IMO.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
Old 04-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #384
shiveringmelody
The Dreaming Insomniac

This weekend I finally popped in the Thor TDW blu and made me come to love it way more than the first time I saw it in theaters. Would now put it ahead of the first Thor, which I really liked.

shiveringmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:06 PM   #385
seahammer
Asgardian

^ I've definitely enjoyed TDW more with subsequent viewings, as well. I didn't hate it or anything the first time I saw it, but I needed to rewatch it to get the most out of it.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch or how I would use Beta Ray Bill in the MCU

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch or my Son of Asgard flashback style Netflix pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #386
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
^ I've definitely enjoyed TDW more with subsequent viewings, as well. I didn't hate it or anything the first time I saw it, but I needed to rewatch it to get the most out of it.
For me, it's the complete opposite. I loved TDW when I watched it in the cinema. But every time I've watched it since, it's gotten progressively worse.

Fosterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #387
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterson View Post
For me, it's the complete opposite. I loved TDW when I watched it in the cinema. But every time I've watched it since, it's gotten progressively worse.
Exactly the same with me as well. IM3 has been the same with me also.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #388
seahammer
Asgardian

When I left the theater after watching it the first time, I was really struck by the clunky editing in the beginning, as well as few other directorial decisions that didn't sit right with me. They aren't as jarring when I know they're coming, I guess.

When I rewatch it now, I can just focus on the things I liked about it (of which there are plenty), instead of the things I didn't.

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch or my Son of Asgard flashback style Netflix pitch
Old 04-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #389
Harley2004
Side-Kick

Those poll results, to me are very strange. Thor, was pretty good. Also as far as Marvel movie goes it was somewhat unique. Thor the dark world on the other hand.

Harley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #390
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Quote:
When I left the theater after watching it the first time, I was really struck by the clunky editing in the beginning, as well as few other directorial decisions that didn't sit right with me. They aren't as jarring when I know they're coming, I guess.

When I rewatch it now, I can just focus on the things I liked about it (of which there are plenty), instead of the things I didn't.
The problem is that Thor 2 was trying to be like a mini-Avengers movie and it utterly failed. I'd rather watch the real deal, than some cheap knock-off. Another problem with Thor 2 is how badly put together the final battle sequence is. Honestly, the Dark Elves just look like blokes in cheap Halloween costumes, rather than terrifying aliens. I expect better from a 170 million dollar blockbuster.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #391
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Exactly the same with me as well. IM3 has been the same with me also.
I recently attempted to re-watch IM3, but I found it so boring that I had to abandon it!!!!

Old 04-30-2015, 10:53 AM   #392
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

TDW definitely still has a leg up over Thor. It's got the right tone, right action and it's fun to watch. Thor 1 is a sitcom about a dude who think's he's Thor.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #393
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
TDW definitely still has a leg up over Thor. It's got the right tone, right action and it's fun to watch. Thor 1 is a sitcom about a dude who think's he's Thor.
Gotta disagree. The action sequences in TDW, while numerous, are incredibly unengaging (especially the attack on Asgard sequence). As for the tone, Thor 2 constantly shoe-horns unfunny jokes, like Selvig being naked etc, into the movie. Honestly, Thor 2 is a sitcom, where Thor 1 is not. Period. Thor 1 has a far more epic feel, what with the superior script, acting and score.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #394
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Gotta disagree. The action sequences in TDW, while numerous, are incredibly unengaging (especially the attack on Asgard sequence). As for the tone, Thor 2 constantly shoe-horns unfunny jokes, like Selvig being naked etc, into the movie. Honestly, Thor 2 is a sitcom, where Thor 1 is not. Period. Thor 1 has a far more epic feel, what with the superior script, acting and score.
Agreed, I watched both recently and everything in Thor 1 was just done better, even the final battle which is incredibly disappointing in TDW.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #395
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
The problem is that Thor 2 was trying to be like a mini-Avengers movie and it utterly failed. I'd rather watch the real deal, than some cheap knock-off.
I don't get what you mean. How was it trying to be a mini-Avengers?

Old 05-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #396
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't get what you mean. How was it trying to be a mini-Avengers?
With an alien invasion at the end, a central , poorly explained McGuffin, spaceships, laser guns and portals. Is that enough? Oh, and enough scientific jargon to make you want to have a lobotomy.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:33 AM   #397
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
With an alien invasion at the end, a central , poorly explained McGuffin, spaceships, laser guns and portals. Is that enough? Oh, and enough scientific jargon to make you want to have a lobotomy.
Since you hate these films so much why are you here? I'm confused.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:35 AM   #398
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
I recently attempted to re-watch IM3, but I found it so boring that I had to abandon it!!!!
Funny I like Iron Man 3 more every time I watch it.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #399
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Since you hate these films so much why are you here? I'm confused.
What??? I LOVE the MCU. Just because I don't like TDW or IM3 doesn't make me a hater. I love Iron Man 1, Thor 1, TWS and GOTG. I'm under no obligation to like everything Marvel Studios put out.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #400
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
What??? I LOVE the MCU. Just because I don't like TDW or IM3 doesn't make me a hater. I love Iron Man 1, Thor 1, TWS and GOTG. I'm under no obligation to like everything Marvel Studios put out.
Okay just checking - cause I saw you on the Age of Ultron board as well posting more negativity despite not having even seen the film.