Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

Old 09-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #26
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Official Iron Man 4 News, Speculation, Images, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBanana00 View Post
I wouldn't watch it without RDJ. I'm sorry, but I feel that he portrays the character best. They would need to get someone real good to be on par with him, I think. There might well be an Iron Man 4 or a total reboot of the franchise, with the way Fantastic Four are going, but it won't be with RDJ. He wants to do his own movies and take a shot at directing. He has loads of other projects besides jumping from Sherlock to Tony and back again. As much as I'd love him to be THE Tony Stark, THE one and only, they will reboot it when the next installment comes to light.
They won't reboot the series anytime soon. They will just recast Tony Stark. The MCU is going to be alive and well for a longtime. Feige has made this very clear.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #27
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBanana00 View Post
I wouldn't watch it without RDJ.
Nor would I.

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #28
The_Manhunter
DCEU & MCU Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Eh, for some reason the movie "#4" always take a lot of time/waiting than usual well except for Harry Potter/Twilight/Hunger Games.

I personally want to see an Iron Man 4 film because I want to see another villain from Iron Man's rogue gallery.
I'd like to see the Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom.

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #29
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

I'll just leave this here...

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #30
SymbioteKal-El
Side-Kick

Glad they seem to be making an IM 4, the last two sequels have been a let down overall, I know he directed the 2nd movie but it would be nice to see Favreau come back to direct.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #31
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Don't have much hopes for this after Iron Man 2 & 3.

Just noticed if this happens then Iron Man will be the first solo hero to get a fourth movie since Superman IV

Blade • X-MenSpider-ManBlade 2X-Men 2HULKSpider-Man 2Iron ManX-Men First ClassThorCaptain America: The First AvengerThe Amazing Spider-ManThe WolverineX-Men Days of Future PastGuardians of the GalaxyDEADPOOL • LOGAN
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #32
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Don't have much hopes for this after Iron Man 2 & 3.

Just noticed if this happens then Iron Man will be the first solo hero to get a fourth movie since Superman IV
Batman?

Old 10-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #33
First Avenger
Side-Kick

I love this series and am happy if they continue it.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #34
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Iron Man 3 had too much Tony Stark and I didn't like the way his armors seemed so brittle and able to fall apart so easily. If there's an Iron Man 4 then I want it more like the first movie but also with a good fight actually in the armor.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #35
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Langstrom View Post
Batman?
I meant with the same lead

Blade • X-MenSpider-ManBlade 2X-Men 2HULKSpider-Man 2Iron ManX-Men First ClassThorCaptain America: The First AvengerThe Amazing Spider-ManThe WolverineX-Men Days of Future PastGuardians of the GalaxyDEADPOOL • LOGAN
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #36
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Langstrom View Post
Batman?
The less said about the fourth film in that franchise the better.

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #37
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I am excited for this possibility. 2 and 3 aren't my favorite films, but I love RDJ in them. IM is a great film and IM3 is very good. Even if the 4th isn't great, I'd love to see more RDJ as Tony Stark.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #38
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Agreed. The first one is excellent. The second isn't perfect, but still has fun moments. I really liked the third and thought it seriously challenged the first one. Glad to hear a fourth movie is probable with RDJ. He's my favourite member of the Avengers.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #39
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Evans' Cap is my favorite, but I love them all at this point. I have grown attached to Evans' Cap, Hemsworth's Thor, RDJ's Iron Man, and Scarlett's Widow. And though he has only been in one film, I am all for more of Ruffalo's Hulk.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #40
Snow Queen
4AF

I loved the third and liked the first, but I'm rather indifferent about this. I'd rather see more new heroes than another Iron Man.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #41
Boom
I got nothin'

Give me this guy:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 10-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #42
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

The plot that I want to see would be a mashup of Armor Wars, Demon in a Bottle and The Five Nightmares. I want to see Stark turn to the bottle, I want to see Zeke Stane avenge his father and I want Zeke to team up with Ghost to hack into Stark Industries and not only bankrupt the company but leak the blueprints to the Iron Man armor over the internet so that ANYBODY can become Iron Man, Stark himself will be obsolete and Tony's true legacy will be one that will never stop killing.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #43
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioteKal-El View Post
Glad they seem to be making an IM 4, the last two sequels have been a let down overall, I know he directed the 2nd movie but it would be nice to see Favreau come back to direct.
I agree. Mel Gibson sounds like an interesting idea, but I'd love to see them try and bring back Favreau.

Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #44
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I loved IM1 and 3 and I hope Shane Black returns if they are doing a 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Give me this guy:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
YES! Exactly the villain I was thinking of for 3, so hopefully he finally gets used in the 4th.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #45
portland2002
Side-Kick

Without over-saturating the narrative with villains, I'd be fine with Ghost, Spymaster, and Madame Masque.

Or another possibility as other posters mentioned, Mandarin (with his ten rings as either Asgardian artifacts or technologically-based weapons or some combination) and Fin Fang Foom.

People might be getting tired or armored villains, but I see no reason why another version of Armor Wars with Titanium Man, Stingray, the Mandroids, the Vanguards and Crimson Dynamo couldn't be translated to the silver screen? In terms of tech running amok, we'll get some version (in my opinion) in Age of Ultron, but why not some of his other armored antagonists in a potential fourth film or maybe a two-parter that could lead in Armor Wars.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #46
Aejej
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
The plot that I want to see would be a mashup of Armor Wars, Demon in a Bottle and The Five Nightmares. I want to see Stark turn to the bottle, I want to see Zeke Stane avenge his father and I want Zeke to team up with Ghost to hack into Stark Industries and not only bankrupt the company but leak the blueprints to the Iron Man armor over the internet so that ANYBODY can become Iron Man, Stark himself will be obsolete and Tony's true legacy will be one that will never stop killing.
"Demon in a Bottle" and a proper "Armor Wars" is where the trilogy should've gone. Disney considers an alcoholic superhero taboo (as they do a spouse-abusing Yellowjacket). The tepid IM2 and silliness of IM3 were back-to-back letdowns. Shane Black should have never been handed the reins, but he's Jon's and RDJ's buddy, so that was that.

Aejej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #47
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

I'm kind of bummed that IM4 wasn't announced along with the rest of the phase 3 films.

I'm really hoping for an Iron Man 4vreau movie sooner rather than later.

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #48
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aejej View Post
"Demon in a Bottle" and a proper "Armor Wars" is where the trilogy should've gone. Disney considers an alcoholic superhero taboo (as they do a spouse-abusing Yellowjacket). The tepid IM2 and silliness of IM3 were back-to-back letdowns. Shane Black should have never been handed the reins, but he's Jon's and RDJ's buddy, so that was that.
You do know that Shane Black wanted to adapt Demon in a Bottle right? Marvel didn't allow him to, so he simply made a fun buddy cop type of film, which was pretty good and smart on its oun, with how little he was allowed to do, he was still able to subvert certain expectation and entertain at the same time.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #49
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

I think I want an Iron Man 4…but won’t be sure till we see Age of Ultron and Civil War. I don’t think we’re ever getting the same “billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist” that we saw through Iron Man 3 back. AOU and CW will fundamentally change Tony, so a sequel would have to challenge him in new ways. Will he even be “Iron Man” after those films? Will it take Thanos and the Infinity War to get him back in the suit? I guess we’ll have some more light shed on that on May 1st.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:00 AM   #50
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

What if they reboot Iron Man in Iron Man 4 by releasing it in 2020 and having it about Arno Stark, the Iron Man from 2020 who has a time machine built into his armour and comes back (or maybe just stays where he is, since it is 2020 and the present not the future ) and changes history?

In all seriousness though, if there were an Iron Man 4, they should release it in 2020 and just have a little nod to this armour as an easter egg and an in joke.