The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:15 PM   #701
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Has anyone seen this yet?

The Walking Dead showrunner wants it to air for 20 years

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 03-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #702
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be surprised. As long as Kirkman keeps the graphic novel going, and there's tons of material to farm, whether it's stuff like Here's Negan or attempting to do more with Fear the Walking Dead like, I dunno, crossing the characters over, this show will be here for awhile.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #703
terry78
I don't die, fool

I like how Reedus looks like he's about to tear up on talking dead.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #704
Slick
Yup

When Norman Cries we all cry.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #705
Leenie
Side-Kick

I normally don't watch The Talking Dead (and when I do, I clock out after 10 minutes or so), but it's actually been super cute tonight. Weird thing to say, I know.

I had to say "aww" out loud when Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) made a surprise visit to give Sonequa Martin (Sasha) a bouquet of flowers. Really cute.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:55 PM   #706
Reek
_________

watching talking dead right now... first thing i noticed was JDM's new beard ....

Old 04-03-2017, 01:50 AM   #707
Sawyer
High King

I noticed as well, and I assume I thought the same thing that you did, but I believe they don't start filming new seasons until May, so that's probably just a look for the off-season.

But you never know.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #708
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Well, you saw him growing it back out in this episode.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #709
Art Vandelay
Side-Kick

His hair is also getting unruly. Maybe they figure Negan's not taking time to get his hair cut, but at least his hair looked like it did in the comics in the premiere.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #710
Reek
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Well, you saw him growing it back out in this episode.
Well, I mentioned it because when hes captured in the comics, he has long hair an a long beard because of the time jump... not sure the order they are filming next season but yeah

Old 04-04-2017, 12:10 AM   #711
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

So they did cut that car chase briefly shown in the Season 7 comic con trailer (@2:02-2:05).

The trailer also showed (@2:07-2:08) Dwight and Arat shooting at someone/something (possibly Gordon). I think both those moments took place in episode 7.3 "The Cell". After Arat radios the Sanctuary about an "orange situation", which interrupts Dwight and Negan's awkward conversation. Then Dwight agrees to meet Arat by the gate to handle it. I think the orange situation had to do with Gordon (the savior who tried to escape but then begged Dwight to kill him).

And @2:31 the trailer reveals Negan's truck running over a car. That moment might have been omitted from "The Cell" as well.

I'm curious as to why they cut that car chase. It's rare to see car chases on this show. Maybe it'll be featured on the deleted scenes of the blu ray/dvd.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #712
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

The season ended on a high note, and I'm not ready to adopt the "sky is falling" attitude yet. We saw great arcs for Sasha, Maggie, Morgan, and Carol this season. The Kingdom is always entertaining, and the inner workings of the Saviors always seemed like a powder keg. I'll admit that the 2nd half of the season dragged at times, but the payoff was worth the extended set-up. The show was on target much more than it missed this season.

"We will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. Then we will eat your face right off your head. You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street...like a turd...in the wind." --Venom

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:54 AM   #713
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

It went along with the comic. I don't get the complaints about some people, for the wrong things.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #714
Sawyer
High King

I don't think I'm emotionally capable of handling the idea of Jerry getting killed tbh

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #715
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

When he starts getting full sentences, that is the time to worry.

Like T-dog.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:14 AM   #716
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Jerry is too pure for that world. He's like the Hodor of TWD.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #717
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

That means he will die... horribly.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #718
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

This season was generally terrible filler.

- CM Punk
Old 04-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #719
Reek
_________

Old 04-09-2017, 09:11 AM   #720
Goonie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
This season was generally terrible filler.
The only episodes Id watch again out of this season are the premiere & finale the rest can suck it

Old 04-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #721
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Finally saw the season finale, I thought it was good, more upbeat than the show usually does but that bookended the season nicely given how it started.

I loved the callback to the saeason premiere between Rick and Negan, Rick's defiance not breaking this time, and the big save from the Kingdom and Maggie leading the Hilltop was a rare cheer out loud moment in the season.

I also thought the way they built to the Sashrifice was really good and caught me off guard when she lunged out of the casket at Negan.

Still not sure what to make of the garbage people, they still seem like they walked straight out of JCVD's 'Cyborg' and talk like they are from another time, are these characters from the books? As the leader seems like she'd make a great Alpha.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:17 PM   #722
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Finally saw the season finale, I thought it was good, more upbeat than the show usually does but that bookended the season nicely given how it started.

I loved the callback to the saeason premiere between Rick and Negan, Rick's defiance not breaking this time, and the big save from the Kingdom and Maggie leading the Hilltop was a rare cheer out loud moment in the season.
Rick was downright terrifying as he growled at Negan. Andrew Lincoln did a masterful job of conveying long-brewing hostility with his facial expressions.

"We will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. Then we will eat your face right off your head. You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street...like a turd...in the wind." --Venom

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #723
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Glenn should have gotten off the plane:

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
Old 04-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #724
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln says 'the game is afoot' in season 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
The battle has officially been joined. Alexandria has risen up and — thanks to help from the Hilltop and the Kingdom, and no thanks to those weird-talking Scavengers — fought back against Negan and his Savior goons. It made for an action-packed season 7 finale of The Walking Dead.

If you’re excited to see how that all plays out when the show returns in season 8, you’re not alone. Andrew Lincoln was one of several cast members who talked openly about the difficulties of filming 7, with our heroes in a shell-shocked submissive position. But now that we’ve finally gotten to the “All Out War” arc of The Walking Dead comic, that has all changed — as has the energy on set.

“I can’t wait,” says Lincoln, who also revealed he had no advance knowledge of the big Scavengers twist in the finale. And he insists he is not merely putting on a sales act. “This is not hyperbole. This is not a cynical act to try and amp up enthusiasm for the hundredth episode in season 8, but I am genuinely more excited about this next episode and the following 15 than I’ve ever been in my life. I can’t wait to get back.”

While many fans missed seeing their favorite characters for long stretches of season 7 as new communities were introduced, Lincoln promises that set-up work will now pay off with what is to come. “It’s been a lot of placing the chess pieces and positioning and introducing key players in this landscape,” says the star. “And I think now we get to start really playing the game. The game is afoot, as they say.”

Old 04-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #725
Goonie
Banned User

Im probably giving up on this show soon it's not a Zombie show anymore & I get it that at this point they know how to defend themselves against Zombies & Zombies are technically just there to be an annoyance & Season 7 overall sucked royally because of the slow burn nature of it Im likely gonna be done with the show after All Out War concludes & Negan is taken prisoner as he was a great bad guy & will be hard to top The Walking Dead is just losing steam now. I will watch it until All Out War is done but once Negan is capture after that season Im likely done this show peaked in Season 5

Closed Thread