The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 06-15-2009, 04:33 AM   #1
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Default Fan rant: Up and Moon-Ireland & UK movie goers

Release dates are a funny thing. Here in Ireland, we will be getting Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen on the June 19th, where countries like America will be getting it 5 days later. I don't know the reason for this, but hey, I'm definitely not complaining about it. But here is something I am going to complain about, the release dates for Up and Moon.

Up has already been released in parts of the world, but not here. I expected maybe 2-4 weeks for it's release, but good god I was wrong. October 19th is the release date for Up.....4 bloody months away. As for Moon, I can't even find a release date for it.

Both films are receiving fantastic buzz, but don't fret my friends, we still get films like Obsessed starring Beyonce and hey, if that's not your thing, check how out Hannah Montana, I'm sure that will quench your quality thirst.

From a business stand point, I also think it's a bad move not to play these films here. With the rapid rate of piracy online, people will be more inclined to download these films then to go out and watch less quality flicks. I'm against piracy, but I'm temped to watch Moon online. I mean, it's not like I have an option to watch it or anything.

Anyone else thicked off about this?

Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Fan rant: Up and Moon-Ireland & UK movie goers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
Release dates are a funny thing. Here in Ireland, we will be getting Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen on the June 19th, where countries like America will be getting it 5 days later. I don't know the reason for this, but hey, I'm definitely not complaining about it. But here is something I am going to complain about, the release dates for Up and Moon.

Up has already been released in parts of the world, but not here. I expected maybe 2-4 weeks for it's release, but good god I was wrong. October 19th is the release date for Up.....4 bloody months away. As for Moon, I can't even find a release date for it.

Both films are receiving fantastic buzz, but don't fret my friends, we still get films like Obsessed starring Beyonce and hey, if that's not your thing, check how out Hannah Montana, I'm sure that will quench your quality thirst.

From a business stand point, I also think it's a bad move not to play these films here. With the rapid rate of piracy online, people will be more inclined to download these films then to go out and watch less quality flicks. I'm against piracy, but I'm temped to watch Moon online. I mean, it's not like I have an option to watch it or anything.

Anyone else thicked off about this?
Up should have been release worldwide same time. Or not that far apart from the U.S. release. Moon....it's low budget...and I think only SPC has U.S. rights to it. It may not have a distributer for Ireland, yet.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote