The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Old 08-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #501
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Jeff bridges would've been a good thanos too.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #502
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Underrated moment...

Definitely not underrated by me. I was grinning like a kid on Christmas when I first saw this scene in IW and looked forward to it every time on repeat viewings.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #503
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k View Post
Definitely not underrated by me. I was grinning like a kid on Christmas when I first saw this scene in IW and looked forward to it every time on repeat viewings.
Agreed. I loved that sequence

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #504
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
The truth is, and I'm just now fully realizing it, that any character that wants to stop the super hero from super heroing will immediately become annoying. Why? Cause we, the viewer, don't want the hero to stop being the hero.
Thing is, Pepper didn't use to be that character. In The Avengers she encourages Tony to go be a superhero and now she was pretty much trying to stop him from saving the universe.

I think the writers misunderstood her character in IM3 where she had a reason to complain about Tony's self-destructive behavior.

Johnny-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #505
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Oh View Post
Thing is, Pepper didn't use to be that character. In The Avengers she encourages Tony to go be a superhero and now she was pretty much trying to stop him from saving the universe.

I think the writers misunderstood her character in IM3 where she had a reason to complain about Tony's self-destructive behavior.
This isn't totally true. In IM1 she chastised him when she caught him after the 1st time he took the full suit out to Afghanistan. In IM2, remember her freaking out after the Whiplash attack and at the end of the movie where she tried to quit. Obviously, in IM3 she'd had about enough.

She's never really been keen on Tony being Iron Man.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #506
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Quote:
Underrated moment...

For what it's worth, it seems like this establishes that while T'Challa is faster than Steve, but Steve is stronger.

I love little tidbits into power levels like this.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #507
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Headcanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Jeff bridges would've been a good thanos too.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #508
P Supreme
Side-Kick

Quote:
This isn't totally true. In IM1 she chastised him when she caught him after the 1st time he took the full suit out to Afghanistan. In IM2, remember her freaking out after the Whiplash attack and at the end of the movie where she tried to quit. Obviously, in IM3 she'd had about enough.

She's never really been keen on Tony being Iron Man.
yep agreed she has been annoying from the word GO lol

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #509
P Supreme
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Good point actually SF
good point but since what Steve and T'Challa have done for him he could at least join them in the front lines

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #510
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

Old 08-08-2018, 02:15 AM   #511
Y0nder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
There are more of these little callbacks to the first movies i.e. Thor almost dying and needing the hammer.

Y0nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #512
javonstokess
Side-Kick

It's funny.

One of the biggest criticisms of Marvel movies has been their tendency to put jokes in tense situations, but, man, the from the moment Thanos steps through his portal until the screen goes black is about as intense and frightening a sequence in a "comic book movie" I've ever seen.

And nary a joke/gag to be found.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #513
zephyrinthesky
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's funny.

One of the biggest criticisms of Marvel movies has been their tendency to put jokes in tense situations, but, man, the from the moment Thanos steps through his portal until the screen goes black is about as intense and frightening a sequence in a "comic book movie" I've ever seen.

And nary a joke/gag to be found.
The Russos have been much better at timing their jokes than Whedon or Gunn. I disagreed with the tone they chose for Civil War's airport fight, but I think they nailed the balance of humour in IW.

zephyrinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #514
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrinthesky View Post
The Russos have been much better at timing their jokes than Whedon or Gunn. I disagreed with the tone they chose for Civil War's airport fight, but I think they nailed the balance of humour in IW.
I thought the tone of the airport fight worked because none of the heroes actually hated their opponents with the exception of Black Panther's feelings towards Bucky.

Cap's squad wasn't really trying to fight, they wanted to get to the Quinjet. Tony's team didn't want to fight either, they wanted to detain their former teammates. Remember Tony wanted Spidey to just web them up for arrest.

IMO, that's the reason the tone of THAT fight is different than the one at the end with Iron Man vs Cap/Bucky.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #515
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Fan tribute to the path to Infinity and... Beyond:

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:00 AM   #516
Chesterfield
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Fan tribute to the path to Infinity and... Beyond:
Lovely

Never trust a big butt and a smile...

If you're looking for sympathy, try somewhere between 's**t' and 'syphilis', in a dictionary.
Chesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:08 AM   #517
Chesterfield
Side-Kick

Quote:
Underrated moment...

Badass moment. I need a team up film with these 2.

Never trust a big butt and a smile...

If you're looking for sympathy, try somewhere between 's**t' and 'syphilis', in a dictionary.
Chesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #518
Scarecrow_King
Perpetually Annoyed

When Thanos chucks Gamora off the cliff on Vormir, he says "I ignored my destine once. I can't do that again, even for you."

What was the first time he ignored his destiny? Any insight from the Bluray commentary?

Old 08-17-2018, 10:27 PM   #519
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0nder View Post
There are more of these little callbacks to the first movies i.e. Thor almost dying and needing the hammer.
Oh for sure. I just used that GIF because it's one of the few Lebowski GIFs on the internet that's appropriate for the Hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
When Thanos chucks Gamora off the cliff on Vormir, he says "I ignored my destine once. I can't do that again, even for you."

What was the first time he ignored his destiny? Any insight from the Bluray commentary?
I would assume the first time would have been when he let his home planet die without doing anything about it.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:14 PM   #520
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
I would assume the first time would have been when he let his home planet die without doing anything about it.
That's what I thought he was referencing too.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:53 PM   #521
Scarecrow_King
Perpetually Annoyed

Makes sense, thanks y'all.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #522
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I still say Infinity War for me is not truly an Avengers movie. It's more like MCU the movie (or a Thanos movie more than anything). But, it looks like Avengers 4 will be more like a more proper Avengers film, and that excites me more. I love IW, don't get me wrong. It's one of my favorite MCU films. But seeing where the guys we have been following for basically 10 years are going to finish their arcs over these 22 films excites me more than Thanos pursuing the stones did.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 AM   #523
XStreme Skins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
The writers in a recent interview said Thanos knew of Stark because he was the one who was responsible for stopping the Chitauri attack by flying into the portal. Thanos did some digging to find out who ultimately foiled his plan and found out it was Stark.
Holy crap I didn't know Thanos was behind the Chitauri invasion back in Avengers 1? I must have missed that part?

Last edited by XStreme Skins; Today at 01:09 AM.
XStreme Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #524
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStreme Skins View Post
Holy crap I didn't know Thanos was behind the Chitauri invasion back in Avengers 1? I must have missed that part?
How did you miss this? Thanos was in the mid-credit scene where the Other discussed how the invasion failed.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote