The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #2526
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers cartoon

This is a daily show? I thought it was going to be a weekly one. Well I definetly will be way behind; thats for sure. Saw the first episode and didnt like it as a first. It was good on its own but not what I expected. Felt more like a backdoor pilot for an Iron Man solo. Also not a fan of his voice or the Nick Fury design. The animation is quite good though and it was entertaining

Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #2527
Chewy
REDACTED

The first five episodes each focus on individual heroes - Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk, and Ant-Man/Wasp. The first episode is essentially an Iron Man solo, but then he doesn't show up again until episode 6

And it's a weekly show, not a daily show

Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #2528
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

edit. never mind

Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #2529
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

Wow...

Its NOT a daily show, its a weekly one.

Those are not episodes, they are micro-episodes that were posted online, twenty days before the show debuted, giving character history, they were like 5 min micro-episodes that are now being merged together to give people in depth look at each character.

So yeah..no.

2NITEonNetflix (Latest Review: Avengers: Infinity War!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #2530
bored
One Sexy Lemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Yeah, if we start getting into 4 or 5 seasons with this show I can die happy. Imagine if we get to the point where people like Dane Whitman and Monica Rambeau are cycled into the main roster

That would be amazing. Those are two of my favorites, and they are so underused.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #2531
Chewy
REDACTED

They are episodes. They were split into quarters when initially aired but they are the first five episodes of this 26 episode season and will be aired in rerun cycles as such.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #2532
Angamb
Banned User

what is the last episode being online?

youtube or something...

Old 11-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #2533
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

All of the episodes aired to date are available on DisneyXD's website under "Videos."

Old 11-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #2534
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Avengers cartoon

I actually didn't click on Vile's scoop from the con. I like this show enough that I don't want to be spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
I'm glad he's out for a bit. Give the Avengers a chance to develop properly--as in, without the Hulk--and then add him back in in time for the movie.
It is interesting. Again, I do appreciate how faithful this series is to the spirit of those early Avengers comics. The Hulk was a founder, but he didn't stick around on the team for long. They chased him around a bit, but eventually he fell off. While I don't expect the Hulk to be gone forever, as the Gamma two parter implies he won't, but it does suit that spirit that he isn't in every episode of the first season. Having him be the one who maybe frees Cap with some accidental smashing instead of Namor isn't accurate, but suits the flow of the show better than giving Namor a cameo, I guess.

I actually like this show's version of the Hulk, but it is a wise idea not to have him hog the spotlight too much at the start of the show, and allow some other characters to develop. After all, this is the first show that Wasp is in since 1999. Pym was a guest character in FANTASTIC FOUR: WGH but that's been it for him before now. And I know, I don't count SUPER HERO SQUAD, but since that show is aimed specifically for below my grade level, I don't bother with it. Still, there's always the chance that Iron Man can hog in place of Hulk, but I kind of doubt it. If this show could have good character interaction in a Hulk episode, I have little fears about Iron Man at this point.

I also like that the line-up in the credits will change to reflect the episodes. That's clever.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #2535
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

It'd be great if the Hulk showed up with the Defenders at some point for an Avengers/Defenders fight. The Vision fighting the Silver Surfer in a volcano would be as awesome a visual on TV as it was in the comics.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #2536
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

Oh yes, the Defenders would be awesome. Hell, I'd like a spin-off show with just them at some point.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #2537
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Defenders may be asking a bit too much. I'm just hoping we continue to get a great Avengers show. We don't need a team-within-a-team quite yet.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #2538
lixdexia
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Defenders may be asking a bit too much. I'm just hoping we continue to get a great Avengers show. We don't need a team-within-a-team quite yet.
but that's what the avengers do, they splinter more than anyone in comics

Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #2539
Nathan

I think that's what I liked about the Justice League approach. Instead of having tons of hero teams, they became all part of the Justice League and Martian Manhunter organized who'd be doing what mission.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #2540
lixdexia
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think that's what I liked about the Justice League approach. Instead of having tons of hero teams, they became all part of the Justice League and Martian Manhunter organized who'd be doing what mission.
but the justice league really doesn't have the same adversarial feel between some of it's member the avengers do. they all come to the table with some serious baggage, that's what makes them fun together.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #2541
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Avengers cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
but that's what the avengers do, they splinter more than anyone in comics
I'd rather not see too much of that at the start. Otherwise they'd look worse than a team of X-Men led by Wolverine.

Quote:
It is possible the Avengers could get like that, but I do not know if that would happen in the first season, or whether it would be wise to do so in Season 1. Remember, JLU was basically Season 3 of JL. And the price was that it took a while to adjust to the format and some characters feel through the cracks, like Flash.

Quote:
but the justice league really doesn't have the same adversarial feel between some of it's member the avengers do. they all come to the table with some serious baggage, that's what makes them fun together.
That depends on who writes them. I've seen "the trinity" written as best friends and as vaguely conflicting rivals depending on the writer. I do agree, though, that the JLA are usually a team of solo heroes who come together while the Avengers usually lived together, or at least most of them did. But the lines have blurred in recent years.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #2542
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Who's talking about a "team within a team"? I just want the Defenders--a totally separate team--to show up. One shared member (no reason for Namor or Strange to join the Avengers beforehand, after all) doesn't make them a splinter group of Avengers; they banded together on their own for their own purposes. I'm not even saying it has to happen this season. In fact, I mentioned the Vision, who doesn't look like he'll be around for a while. Just sometime in the show's run, an appearance by the Defenders would be cool.

Quote:
Except for Dr. Fate, Solomon Grundy, Amazo, Aquaman, and Hawkgirl, who formed a separate team that looks suspiciously like a certain Marvel team whose name starts with D and ends with efenders.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #2543
lixdexia
Banned User

Quote:
I'd rather not see too much of that at the start. Otherwise they'd look worse than a team of X-Men led by Wolverine.
that's not even funny as a joke dread!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #2544
Chewy
REDACTED

Interview with Yost

Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #2545
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Anybody mind posting the interview on a response? Where I am, to enter the sight would be violation of my internet accesss privelages...

Old 11-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #2546
Denny67
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think they are both great in their own way. I do agree that the sense of individuality and tug of external forces/commitments in Avengers is one of the key differences between it and Justice League.

That said, once Cap is in and adjusted to his new life, he is the glue that really holds them together; offering leadership, organizing them and maximize their talents. Stark is the technical genius but Cap is the tactician.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #2547
Chewy
REDACTED

Yost's going to be live blogging tomorrow before the Cap episode premiers

http://marvel.com/news/all.14517.the...w_and_liveblog

Old 11-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #2548
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
vileone, the bomber jacket cap wears, is it the one everyone on the team wore in the early 90's?
That one I don't remember. It looks like the one Cyclops has been depicted wearing before except with an "A" Avengers logo on it.

venomfangs125, I rate the action in Gamma World Part 1 a 9 out of 10.

- CM Punk
Old 11-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #2549
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Is it brown? If it's brown and it's got an A logo, that's basically the kind that they wore in the comics.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #2550
Chewy
REDACTED

Closed Thread