The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #276
lixdexia
Banned User

Default Re: Avengers cartoon

i want loki to be behind the inital gathering, and then for shield to go "hey...that's a good idea."

Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #277
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

That could be a good compromise. One member is already deputized by SHIELD, something big happens, the others show up and help out, and the SHIELD stooge is like, "Hey, so I work with this agency that would literally kill to have you guys on the payroll..."

Old 07-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #278
lixdexia
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
That could be a good compromise. One member is already deputized by SHIELD, something big happens, the others show up and help out, and the SHIELD stooge is like, "Hey, so I work with this agency that would literally kill to have you guys on the payroll..."
exactly. and if cap is already out and about he probably fits that role pretty well. i could see ironman being that guy too

Old 07-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #279
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
"As in, if you don't get on payroll, they'll kill you."

Old 07-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #280
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Iron Man would probably be best, just to play off of the movie. The closer things are to the movies, the easier audiences will swallow it. Have Fury basically employ Iron Man as SHIELD's personal superhero (but of course have Tony constantly claim that he's just "consulting" 'cause he has issues with authority ) and make him the link between the other, more traditionally superheroish Avengers and SHIELD.

Alternatively, you could have Pym develop his particles on SHIELD's payroll and make him and Jan the SHIELD agents.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #281
lixdexia
Banned User

Quote:
Alternatively, you could have Pym develop his particles on SHIELD's payroll and make him and Jan the SHIELD agents.
like the ultimates

Old 07-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #282
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

I suppose, only Pym wouldn't be a total dick nugget.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #283
lixdexia
Banned User

eh, i like pym kinda being a loser with a chip on his shoulder. plus i'm totally ok with sacrificing him to get an awesome fight scene for cap

Old 07-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #284
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

The less like The Ultimates anything is, the better. Pym's a great character. He should absolutely be a loser with a chip on his shoulder for a while, but that should not be the only thing he's good for.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #285
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/142880...on_072110.html

Official trailer

Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #286
lixdexia
Banned User

hmm...i dunno. i like it but some of it looked a little awkward.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #287
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Main problem I have with it is that they gave Thor a prissy, prim voice again. I really wish they would stop making him sound like a guy who's obviously affecting an English accent and either cast an Englishman or just leave him with an American accent. The gods can still be gods if they're not English. Also, that song was impressively horrible.

Other than that, it looks good. Was Stubbly McShadowface talking to the Hulk supposed to be Rick Jones? If so, I'm glad he'll retain some presence in the show, even if he's not instrumental in bringing the Avengers together.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #288
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Avengers cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
Thanks! And after almost two years, it is good to see new stuff, with official voice lines from the actors; the last trailers seemed to have a lot of reused lines or grunts or music from ULTIMATE AVENGERS.

The trailer's tone is more serious than the last one. No talking narrator. Like the first teaser for WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, it has a song for the end so it seems like a music video. Apparently the Avengers theme is going for a sort of a Foo Fighters style of rock, which is awkward. There are no end of things to catch in it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- Cabbie at the start is reading a newspaper that has tales of Man-Thing and Punisher on the cover.
- Villains shown at various points: Wrecker, Whirlwind, Constrictor, Griffen, Grim Reaper, Arnim Zola, Graviton, Grey Gargoyle, Red Ghost, several Soviet villains such as Crimson Dynamo...and of course endless HYDRA hordes.
- I believe Zaran the Weapons Master has become a woman, and Taskmaster's seen a major redesign that makes him look like he robbed Deadshot. Unless Crossfire's gotten a shield...
- Pepper Potts and Rhodey are present talking to Stark.
- SHIELD is in association with Stark, and Nick Fury is a combination of 616 uniform and Ultimate...um, complexion.
- Thor talking to Odin about helping the mortals.
- Wasp convincing Pym to be heroes, and naturally naming the team at some point.
- T'Challa picking up the mantle of Black Panther
- Hawkeye and Black Widow alongside a SHIELD squad
- Banner seeming to think the Avengers are a way to redeem the Hulk so he is seen as a hero and not a monster
- Cap found in a block of ice, and he may NOT be a founder from the start, just like the comics - he may be freed after the Avengers are formed, but while they are still new.
- I believe Maria Hill is seen alongside Fury.
- The Avengers protecting the U.N. from HYDRA, and this roster is up to eight members: Capt. America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Wasp, Giant-Man, Hawkeye & Black Panther. Still very sausage.
- Loki is at the end of the trailer, sounding very much like an arch nemesis type of mastermind.

Honestly the worst part of it is the music. The theme song is awkward at best. It's trying too hard, I think, to be cool and just falling flat. It isn't the worst, but...kind of mundane. Like W&TXM's theme, we'll just want to FF through it probably.

But the rest does look promising.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #289
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

The Foo Fighters are way better than that. That was like a pop punk pile of ass.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #290
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
The Foo Fighters are way better than that. That was like a pop punk pile of ass.
Yeah. This isn't nearly as catchy as the theme to "SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN". Then again, the theme song to "FANTASTIC FOUR: WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES" and "WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN" were hardly all that, either. "X-MEN EVOLUTION" had a decent theme, although some of it was inspired a little by the 90's one.

Still, I do like that the SUPER HERO SQUAD style narrator is gone. I do like that there is tension, but it isn't super-bleak. It is seeming for a tone that is similar to that of JUSTICE LEAGUE; serious, but not humorless. It looks more upbeat than "WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN" sure did. The character designs look best in motion than still images, which is good; that's what they should be best at.

I do like the sheer amount of villains pictured, although if that really was Taskmaster, they've made him look very mundane. Out of fear of him being confused for Red Skull (because lord knows a villain with a red skull and military uniform would be completely indistinguishable with a villain with a white skull, a caped hood, and a blue/white/orange costume), they've basically cribbed on Deadshot. Instead of picking a neutral design like the UDON one, they've instead made him a little blah. It'll be up to his character and voice actor to make him pop. I also imagine Zaran is a girl because there are few major female villains that the Avengers seem to have. Except for Amora The Enchantress, who wasn't shown.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #291
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Eh, the music isn't really all that important, I guess. They'll probably have normal instrumental scoring for the episodes. I can skip past the intro if they use that music for it. I guess I just have to accept that they're never gonna have anything approaching the level of sheer awesome that was the '90s Fantastic Four theme song again. "Just call the Four!"

Old 07-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #292
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
Meh it's alright. I was hoping for more serious animation feel to this upcoming series similar to Wolverine and The X-Men. This look very much aimed at younger children not to the full extent like Superhero squard but still in the same lines almost.

BTW what's the deal with Thor's voice he sounds like a wimp ? And if that's the theme song it's annoying as hell .

Old 07-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #293
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
Eh, the music isn't really all that important, I guess. They'll probably have normal instrumental scoring for the episodes. I can skip past the intro if they use that music for it. I guess I just have to accept that they're never gonna have anything approaching the level of sheer awesome that was the '90s Fantastic Four theme song again. "Just call the Four!"
Dude...that theme song for the first season of the 90's FF cartoon was the most dreadful abomination to music mankind has ever heard.

"Reed Rich-ards is elas-TIC
Sue can fade from siii-iiieiiight
Johnny is the Hu-Man Tooorch
The Thing just LOVES to fiiiieeiiiight...
Just call tha Four
THA FANTASTIC FOUR!"

Ugh, it haunts my nightmares. That would have been bad for a SESAME STREET episode about the number Four and the letter F.

BTW, I think I also saw in that trailer Code Blue having a shoot out with HYDRA at the start. Chris Yost used them in FF:WGH. So, yeah, just this trailer alone, quibbles aside, has a damn lot of 616 goodness in it.

Although from the back, Graviton looks a lot like Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #294
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

You loved every second of it. Don't lie.

The second season's theme was pretty good, though. Solid, brassy superhero anthem with no lyrics. I think lyric-less songs are the way to go for any intro, personally.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #295
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

IMO the 90's is still the greatest era of Marvel in animation . Spider-Man : The Animated Series, X-Men: The Animated Series, Hulk:TAS, Fantastic Four : TAS and season 2 of Iron Man made saturday morning a blast to wake up too.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #296
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Spectacular Spider-Man could turn it around for the '00s, and Avengers is definitely looking promising (music and the gods' pansy voices aside).

Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #297
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Main problem I have with it is that they gave Thor a prissy, prim voice again. I really wish they would stop making him sound like a guy who's obviously affecting an English accent and either cast an Englishman or just leave him with an American accent. The gods can still be gods if they're not English. Also, that song was impressively horrible.
You mean someone like John Rhys Davies who voiced Thor in the excellent 2nd season of the FANTASTIC FOUR cartoon and the 1st season of the 90's INCREDIBLE HULK cartoon. Here's a link to how he sounds as Thor in the HULK cartoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zps-AnK2JjA

IMO, John Rhys Davies is one of the two best voice actors to voice Thor (the other being the guy who voiced him in the 60's cartoon).

Last edited by Blade X; 07-24-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #298
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
You loved every second of it. Don't lie.

The second season's theme was pretty good, though. Solid, brassy superhero anthem with no lyrics. I think lyric-less songs are the way to go for any intro, personally.
Nuh-uh. While I liked the theme for the second season of 90's FF very much, that first season tune was bad. I think I'd rather listen to myself vomit than hear it again.

Lyric-less music tends to work out better, although, again, "SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN" had a damn quirky, catchy and awesome theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
IMO the 90's is still the greatest era of Marvel in animation . Spider-Man : The Animated Series, X-Men: The Animated Series, Hulk:TAS, Fantastic Four : TAS and season 2 of Iron Man made saturday morning a blast to wake up too.
The 90's certainly was the era of Marvel animation where cartoons were usually given time to become legends, in the case of Spidey and X-Men. No Marvel show yet has lasted 65 episodes or 76 episodes, respectively. And it's been twelve years since they ceased airing.

Marvel can't treat TV shows like they're comics, just spam the market with stuff that never lasts, like they have for the last seven years. They need to put their all into something and keep the good stuff coming a while. Not lose interest like a crack addict on the next fix.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #299
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

I hate the Spectacular Spider-Man theme, personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
You mean someone like John Rhys Davis who voiced Thor in the excellent 2nd season of the FANTASTIC FOUR cartoon and the 1st season of the 90's INCREDIBLE HULK cartoon. Here's a link to how he sounds as Thor in the HULK cartoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zps-AnK2JjA

IMO, John Rhys Davis is one of the two best voice actors to voice Thor (the other being the guy who voiced him in the 60's cartoon).
Rhys-Davies would've been awesome. I love his voice. More than anything else, I would've liked to hear a deep, booming voice from Thor, like Rhys-Davies' or Michael Dorn's. Instead we get something really whiny and awkward.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #300
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

I do agree that Thor's voice, while not bad, sounded a little higher pitched and young. I suppose this is usually how Thor sounds (Cam Clarke even voiced him for video games), but I agree, I wouldn't have minded something deeper. I remember once Corp suggested Thor sound like the original He-Man used to sound, which could be interesting. But, we'll have to see.

Iron Man sounded a little odd. But, all voice actors sound awkward at the start of their run on a character. With time they all settle into it and improve. Like with anything, practice makes perfect.

Closed Thread