The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old 06-26-2018, 12:04 AM   #426
Cats
Hot-blooded Feline

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
Cameron Monaghan got a teen choice award nomination for best tv villain for Gotham season 4.
He deserves an oscar :P

Old 06-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #427
Cats
Hot-blooded Feline

Btw, a couple of friends and I started a Bat-Universe role-play that's built on some of the Gotham material, and mish-mash of other comic lore. It's running on Discord. Let me know (via PM) if anyone out there is interested to join.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #428
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Teen_Choice_Awards

Quote:
Choice TV Villain

Odette Annable – Supergirl as Samantha Arias / Reign
Gabrielle Anwar – Once Upon a Time as Rapunzel Tremaine
Mark Consuelos – Riverdale as Hiram Lodge
Anna Hopkins – Shadowhunters as Lilith
Mind Flayer – Stranger Things
Cameron Monaghan – Gotham as Jerome & Jeremiah Valeska

Old 07-19-2018, 03:36 AM   #429
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Well there is new Gotham goodie bag showing the new look of the city:

https://twitter.com/gothamhub/status...551633409?s=21

plus some TV Guide scan with news about Riddler, Lee, etc:

It looks like we are going into full blown Riddler with this take. Hopefully , we get a more comic aligned Leslie Thompkins. I am interested in finding out more about Bruce, Jim and Gotham.

https://twitter.com/Tolkiened/status...12934099222528

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #430
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Here's more info on Bruce, Jim and Gotham in season 5:

I love this idea that they're running (Barbara I could take it or leave it). Bruce taking up different identities and infiltrating the different villains fractions sounds wonderful especially if it leads up to Bruce becoming Batman. Penguin's base of operations sounds like his Arkham City counterpart sounds amazing.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is

Last edited by ironman29758; 07-20-2018 at 04:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #431
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

“Covered in tattooed riddles”

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #432
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Still better than Leto.

DC Fans: "We need warriors.."

*SkullDevil raises his hand and fights for truth, justice and the PM way.*
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #433
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

At least those are riddles and not the word “Damaged”.

But hell, Gotham has always been cheesy, so I’m not surprised.

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #434
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbridge View Post
At least those are riddles and not the word “Damaged”.

But hell, Gotham has always been cheesy, so I’m not surprised.
“Damaged” will actually be the answer to the riddle tattooed on his forehead though.

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #435
dark_knight08
December 20, 2019

That Gotham Season 5 goodie bag is quite impressive.

dark_knight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:34 AM   #436
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight08 View Post
That Gotham Season 5 goodie bag is quite impressive.
I know, It makes me wish I was at Comic-Con. I am interesting in seeing how Bruce handles these different identities and leading a gang, as well as how does this lead to his Batman identity. (The comparison to the DKR Batman and Sons of Batman makes it all the more interesting). Also how Jeremiah plots and waits in the background also has me nervously anticipating what he does next.

Apparently David Mazouz will go live from SDCC on Gotham's Facebook page, Saturday at 3pm ET (12pm PT):

https://www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX...3820362647942/

Plus more from the magazine:

Cory Michael Smith and Robin Lord Taylor Interview - San Diego Comic-Con TV Guide
Robin Lord Taylor: “I would love more scenes with Sean Pertwee, Chris Chalk and David Mazouz. You know, the ‘good’ guys. [Laughs]”

Cory Michael Smith: “It’s arguably not appropriate for Bruce Wayne to have extensive interaction with most villains before he [becomes] Batman, but I think David Mazouz is such an extraordinary actor. I wish we were able to work together more.”

Robin Lord Taylor: “I always find the quiet scenes between Alfred and Bruce very moving. The father-son dynamic as portrayed by Sean and David is beautifully honest.”

I have to say, one of Gotham's biggest strengths is its actors and how their natural chemistry on and off cameras.

Last edited by ironman29758; 07-20-2018 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #437
Guts
Gul

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:40 AM   #438
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Well David has been really showing with some interviews:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/24/g...-batman-joker/

Quote:
mile as he admitted that an all-out brawl was on the way. "It's been good," the actor said of his work with Monaghan heading into this season. "You will definitely see a Bruce/Jeremiah showdown this year."
We asked if it the fight would top the carnival battle in Season 3, which remains one of the pinnacle episodes of their relationship. Doing his best to avoid any spoilers, Mazouz simply said, "You'll have to wait and see."
Not only did Jeremiah blow up the bridges to Gotham City, turning the place into No Man's Land, but the villain also shot Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova), just after she and Bruce finally seemed to be open about their feelings for one another. This put the young woman in a hospital bed with a serious spinal issue.
According to Mazouz, Jeremiah's Killing Joke-inspired twist will really cause some problems in Bruce and Selina's relationship going forward.
"When we first see them again, it's gonna be a rocky road because obviously Selina is going to be pretty pissed at Bruce," Mazouz said. "Ultimately it was Jeremiah who wanted to get to Bruce and that's why he shot Selina and that's what put her in this state. Eventually they're going to be back on the same side, but Selina is gonna be a different person. The way that she fights her way out of a hospital bed forces her to sacrifice some parts of herself and she's going to be more Catwoman-y, but less somebody that Bruce can be friends with."

Plus some extra

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

-So David read the four scripts in one go, instead of just the script for the episode they're shooting right before they shoot

-We will get a Jeremiah/Bruce show out and maybe something with the actual Joker

- Bruce will be facing the villains in a more hands-on manner instead of simply just it being Jim Gordon and the GCPD dealing with the threats

-There will be more elements of the iconic Batman inserted in, and David is excited to see the mustache, costume ,etc

-Selina's relationship with Bruce will definitely shift in the same manner as it did from season 3-4 with Selina being affected by being shot by Jeremiah

I am excited to see how this is handled in 10-13 episodes.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #439
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

They might as well make Jeremiah the actual Joker. Introducing the "real" one would not only, again, be monumentally stupid, but it would require at lot of attention.

DC Fans: "We need warriors.."

*SkullDevil raises his hand and fights for truth, justice and the PM way.*
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:22 AM   #440
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
When Alfred and Bruce come back this year, Alfred, Bruce, and Lucius are going to be probably the strongest team on the show," Mazouz told us. "They're working together, they all have the same goal. Lucius is going to be making gadgets, Alfred is going to be training Bruce, and it's really going to be those two people, along with Bruce himself, that are gonna propel Bruce into his transformation into the Caped Crusader. You know Alfred and Bruce, it's crazy thinking about it, have had so many ups and downs. Bruce literally killed him at one point, but now at this point they're a team. They really are together. There's not going to be so much of that struggle that we've seen. Alfred is really proud of Bruce, and he's really proud of how determined Bruce has become and I think Bruce really appreciates having someone who cares about him so much and who has stayed around through so much. They're really lucky to have each other."

Quote:
Until that reunion actually occurs, Bruce will be fighting the massive wave of crime in the city, but he'll still have Selina's well-being on his mind.

"He's gonna be out there helping people," Mazouz told us. "At the beginning, he's going to be very concerned with Selina, because we know what happened with her. So that's going to be a big struggle, how to help her if there's any way he can help her. Eventually, he's going to realize that the GCPD, Jim Gordon has been so desperately trying to hold this light to Gotham, literally and metaphorically. To show the villains that there are good people, to show the good people that there are people to protect them. But eventually, as we all know, that's not gonna be enough, and Bruce is going to see that. He's going to look at people like Penguin, and look at people who are the roots of corruption and the roots of abuses of power and realize that only somebody like Batman can take them down. He's going to become what he needs to become."
Honestly Bruce's overall growth and development is definitely going to be one of my favorite things to watch this upcoming season. Especially seeing him create different disguises, interact with the villain sections and Jim Gordon and the trifecta of Lucius/Bruce/Alfred sounds like the making of a good season already.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #441
Pennywise
Side-Kick

BobaTalks mentioned in one of his videos that someone told him Bruce will wear the Batsuit in S5, and it will be the Batsuit in Batman Begins, but repainted to not go over budget. Take it with a grain of salt, but very interesting!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrCyDqH260

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #442
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
Gotham casting director just put on casting call for actors playing children and teenagers (7-18 years old), likely for filming of episode 2. Maybe this is the period of time in which Bruce takes over the leadership of a gang (I will have to suspense disbelief if Bruce leads a gang which does NOT consist of children and teenagers).

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:45 AM   #443
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Well Danny Cannon released two new set pictures,

Bruce Wayne in action:

Plus it looks like he is wearing the bulletproof/Kevlar jacket Lucius gave him is returning, plus a more mature look in a sense:

and look like according to Robin Lord Taylor, there is "Big Things happening for out little birds".

so I for one am glad to see his early season 4 hair come back. I can see the mayor/crime lord of Gotham Penguin as a result is coming back in full effect.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #444
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Looks like the show will be casting King Snake, who is Bane's father in the comics.

GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #445
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
BobaTalks mentioned in one of his videos that someone told him Bruce will wear the Batsuit in S5, and it will be the Batsuit in Batman Begins, but repainted to not go over budget. Take it with a grain of salt, but very interesting!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrCyDqH260
How does it go over budget if it already exists?

Old 08-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #446
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

Old 08-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #447
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
How does it go over budget if it already exists?
I meant creating their own Batsuit could cause them to go over budget.

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #448
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

The no way David Mazouz is filling that Batman Begins Bat-suit. It could be a shot in a distance with a stunt guy or something.

Oh, and the entire season 4 is now available in it's entirety on Netflix UK & Ireland. Three weeks before E4 finishes their run, which I'm sure they aren't too pleased about.

Pfeiffer-Pfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:51 PM   #449
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

EXCLUSIVE: ‘GOTHAM’ Season 5 Possibly Introducing Bane’s Father!

'Gotham' Season 5 Episode Titles Reveal Bane's Arrival

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #450
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Here's an unpopular opinion: Have the writers find a way to bring Barbara and Jim back together. Yes, she's been looney but hasn't all of he's other love interests ended up with some criminal background? Leslie? Insane. Sofia? A part of a mob family, and also not all there imo.

I feel like Jim's character has shown a huge hypocrisy towards Barbara and the writers have been too lazy to correct course and bring them back together. How else is Barbara Gordan aka Batgirl supposed to happen? You mean to tell me Jim names his daughter with another woman after his fiancee he left behind?