The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Upcoming Superman Solo Movie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #551
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 28,627
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Okay, no worries, we could go back and forth till we are blue in the suit on this one and de-rail so we'll agree to disagree on this one.
No hard feelings mate just a difference of opinion.

__________________
"Always hold on to Smallville" - Jonathan Kent (Smallville S10x22 - Finale)
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #552
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game
 
Mandon Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cheam, Surrey, UK
Posts: 8,634
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
No hard feelings mate just a difference of opinion.
Absolutely, all good.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #553
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.
 
Nemeres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 4,728
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
To be fair, he made light of an issue in a very offensive way and at the same time managed 'somehow' to make it about himself and his own 'dating' choices and said 'limitations' as a result of the outcome of said issue's structure. He needed calling out for it and it was right he made an apology.
I agree.

__________________
Tuuuuu-turu-tu-tuuuuuuuuuuu

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #554
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.
 
Nemeres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 4,728
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
Here's something I've come up with as a way forward for Superman on film...

I didn't really know where to post this before now.

My thoughts are something along these lines - for a genuine 3 movie arc:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow
Villains: Braniac, Intergang

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Intergang begins flooding the world with alien-technology enhanced weaponry.
  • Montages of Superman taking out 'enhanced' street thugs.
  • Superman and Lois begin investigating Intergang. Discover that it is an criminal organisation which has been contacted by an intergalactic being known as Braniac. Braniac has infected every computer system on Earth, and is searching for a Kryptonian that attacked his ship and stole the lost city of Kandor from his collection.
  • Clark and Lois go off the grid to find the Kryptonian before Braniac (this is especially cool as Braniac and Intergang can monitor them using any computer technology, so they have to do it old-school.
  • Clark and Lois find Kara Zor-El and discover her backstory. She believes the Kryptonian race is preserved in Kandor and seeks to set them free.
  • Braniac contacts Clark and Kara and tells them to surrender or he will disable all computer networks in the world - Braniac does this.
  • Braniac then assumes a humanoid form and comes for Kandor personally.
  • Fight ensures between Braniac, Superman, Supergirl and "Braniac-bots".
  • Braniac says he has no interest in Earth and will leave if his collection is returned - he asks for Kandor and one Kryptonian to complete his collection or he will detonate every nuclear weapon on the planet.
  • Superman sacrifices himself and is imprisoned by Braniac.


Superman: War World
Villains: Lobo, Mongul, Intergang

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Tells two intercut stories - one focusing on Superman, one focusing on Supergirl
Superman:
  • Braniac's ship is attacked by Lobo.
  • Lobo takes many items from Braniac's collection - including Kal-El and Kandor.
  • Upon learning what he has stolen, Lobo frees Kal-El from Kandor and takes him to the planet War World – a post-apocalyptic, enslaved world run by the tyrant Mongul.
  • Kal-El must fight to keep himself alive on the planet. However, Kal-El refuses to kill. For his insubordination, Kal-El is sentenced to death through a fight with Mongul himself.
  • Kal-El defeats Mongul, but grants him mercy – merely placing the tyrant within his own prison. Kal-El frees the other slaves and attempts to get back to Braniac's ship – his only way home.
  • Lobo is not so willing to give up his prize, however, and Superman must play a game of cat-and-mouse with the mercenary in order to find his way home.
  • Upon reaching Braniac's ship, Superman finds himself inexplicably speeding through space.

Supergirl
  • Supergirl has become the primary protector of Metropolis, fighting Intergang. Lois Lane is working with Supergirl in order to bring down Intergang. She believes that the alien technology they acquired from Braniac could be turned against him and used to steal his ship and rescue Clark.
  • Scoring an early victory against Intergang, Lois and Kara manage to intercept a large amount of Intergang technology, giving them the material they believe they need to take control of Braniac's ship.
  • Their victory prompts the exposure and intervention of Intergang head Bruno Mannheim who, decked out in Intergang tech, begins to hunt Lois and Supergirl to prevent them from using the technology.
  • Unable to do anything with the technology themselves, the two seek out the only other person on Earth known to have properly used alien technology before – Lex Luthor.
  • Offering him a chance of redemption – Luthor decides to help Lois and Supergirl reconfigure the Intergang technology to take control Braniac's ship and to fashion weapons capable of defeating Mannheim and Intergang.
  • After defeating Mannheim, Braniac's ship is recalled and Clark emerges and is reunited with Lois.
  • In the final scene, we see a shadowy board meeting of Intergang discussing plans"the new boss".


Superman and the Elite
Villains: The Elite

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Superman and Supergirl are working together to eradicate Intergang and are seemingly succeeding.
  • Lex Luthor is back in the public spotlight and has - inexplicably and to the public anger of Superman - received a full presidential pardon for his previous crimes. He is running a number of business and charitable organisations all targeted at "making things right".
  • A group of super-powered people, calling themselves The Elite, arrive in Metropolis and begin assisting - violently - with cleaning up Intergang.
  • Superman is disturbed by their methods and confronts them.
  • Manchester Black, the leader of the Elite, broadcasts a message to the world saying that governments and superheroes have let the world down and that those who commit wrongs should be violently brought to account.
  • Lois Lane stumbles upon a story that links Intergang to world leaders - including the president of the United States. Her and Clark struggle with the potential repercussions of running the story - but Lois decides that the public deserves to know the truth and prints it in the Daily Planet.
  • The world erupts in fury and Intergang takes full advantage of it, pledging to kill each of the world leaders involved in the Intergang plot.
  • Superman and Supergirl go around the world attempting to protect the world leaders from the Elite.
  • Eventually, the White House is attacked and Superman and Supergirl fail to protect the President and his administration. The Government of the United States is killed, and the Elite assume control.
  • The Elite then set about targeting other known super-powered being in the United States, including Superman and Supergirl (cameos by WW, Aquaman, Flash, etc.).
  • Lex Luthor contacts Superman and offers him assistance in bringing the Elite down, using Intergang technology. Luthor believes that the Elite have not received their powers naturally, but using the same alien technology used by Intergang. He fashions machines which can be used to rid them of their superpowers.
  • The Elite are defeated, stripped of their powers and sent to prison.

One year later...
  • Lois Lane receives an anonymous tip that the Elite were created and given their superpowers by Intergang.
  • A presidential election is being held, Lex Luthor has nominated as an independent candidate and is currently leading the vote.
  • Superman stops by Luthor's office. Luthor says its good to have Superman's trust. Superman says he doesn't trust him and will be watching him. Cut outside to a group of civilians chanting Lex's name, carrying signs saying "Lex for President" and "Lex: Stopping the Supers" etc.

Flashback to the end of the previous movie...
We see a shadowy board meeting of Intergang discussing plans with "the new boss". A hand pushes a document titled "Project Elite" out onto the table. Lex Luthor emerges from the shadows.
This was a fun read. I particularly like in Film 1 that Clark and Lois are quickly given a storyline that pairs them together while going "off the grid" and making Kara so proactive about Kandor. Film 2 I think keeps Superman away from the main action for the most part, and it would seem to leave things with Brainiac, who ended Film 1 mostly victorious, a bit unresolved? But pitting Lois and Kara against Intergang and Bruno Mannheim, then bringing Lex into the fold, is really good stuff. Film 3 sounds good all around. I like the idea of using The Elite as villains more and more, and linking it all to Intergang and political corruption works out great. Same with giving Lois a journalistic dilemma. Cool approach throughout.

__________________
Tuuuuu-turu-tu-tuuuuuuuuuuu

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #555
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
Lol I just read it, I have not seen the first part leading to the now publicized comments



https://www.gq.com.au/entertainment/...7149cba?pos=15
His comment was stupid, but not harmful. That’s all I have to say about that.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #556
mclay18
Side-Kick
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,927
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

If McQuarrie does get the directing gig, I hope he reunites with Joe Kraemer to score it. I just listened to the MI: Fallout score by Lorne Balfe (a Zimmer apprentice), and it is dreadful. None of the color, thoughtfulness, and excitement Kraemer brought to Rogue Nation.

I'm still stunned as to why McQuarrie broke with Kraemer on Fallout, I hope it's not permanent!

__________________
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine Channing Tatum grinding his crotch in a human face, forever."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:00 AM   #557
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

I was hoping for McQuerrie and Zimmer lol

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #558
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
Here's something I've come up with as a way forward for Superman on film...

I didn't really know where to post this before now.

My thoughts are something along these lines - for a genuine 3 movie arc:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow
Villains: Braniac, Intergang

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Intergang begins flooding the world with alien-technology enhanced weaponry.
  • Montages of Superman taking out 'enhanced' street thugs.
  • Superman and Lois begin investigating Intergang. Discover that it is an criminal organisation which has been contacted by an intergalactic being known as Braniac. Braniac has infected every computer system on Earth, and is searching for a Kryptonian that attacked his ship and stole the lost city of Kandor from his collection.
  • Clark and Lois go off the grid to find the Kryptonian before Braniac (this is especially cool as Braniac and Intergang can monitor them using any computer technology, so they have to do it old-school.
  • Clark and Lois find Kara Zor-El and discover her backstory. She believes the Kryptonian race is preserved in Kandor and seeks to set them free.
  • Braniac contacts Clark and Kara and tells them to surrender or he will disable all computer networks in the world - Braniac does this.
  • Braniac then assumes a humanoid form and comes for Kandor personally.
  • Fight ensures between Braniac, Superman, Supergirl and "Braniac-bots".
  • Braniac says he has no interest in Earth and will leave if his collection is returned - he asks for Kandor and one Kryptonian to complete his collection or he will detonate every nuclear weapon on the planet.
  • Superman sacrifices himself and is imprisoned by Braniac.


Superman: War World
Villains: Lobo, Mongul, Intergang

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Tells two intercut stories - one focusing on Superman, one focusing on Supergirl
Superman:
  • Braniac's ship is attacked by Lobo.
  • Lobo takes many items from Braniac's collection - including Kal-El and Kandor.
  • Upon learning what he has stolen, Lobo frees Kal-El from Kandor and takes him to the planet War World – a post-apocalyptic, enslaved world run by the tyrant Mongul.
  • Kal-El must fight to keep himself alive on the planet. However, Kal-El refuses to kill. For his insubordination, Kal-El is sentenced to death through a fight with Mongul himself.
  • Kal-El defeats Mongul, but grants him mercy – merely placing the tyrant within his own prison. Kal-El frees the other slaves and attempts to get back to Braniac's ship – his only way home.
  • Lobo is not so willing to give up his prize, however, and Superman must play a game of cat-and-mouse with the mercenary in order to find his way home.
  • Upon reaching Braniac's ship, Superman finds himself inexplicably speeding through space.

Supergirl
  • Supergirl has become the primary protector of Metropolis, fighting Intergang. Lois Lane is working with Supergirl in order to bring down Intergang. She believes that the alien technology they acquired from Braniac could be turned against him and used to steal his ship and rescue Clark.
  • Scoring an early victory against Intergang, Lois and Kara manage to intercept a large amount of Intergang technology, giving them the material they believe they need to take control of Braniac's ship.
  • Their victory prompts the exposure and intervention of Intergang head Bruno Mannheim who, decked out in Intergang tech, begins to hunt Lois and Supergirl to prevent them from using the technology.
  • Unable to do anything with the technology themselves, the two seek out the only other person on Earth known to have properly used alien technology before – Lex Luthor.
  • Offering him a chance of redemption – Luthor decides to help Lois and Supergirl reconfigure the Intergang technology to take control Braniac's ship and to fashion weapons capable of defeating Mannheim and Intergang.
  • After defeating Mannheim, Braniac's ship is recalled and Clark emerges and is reunited with Lois.
  • In the final scene, we see a shadowy board meeting of Intergang discussing plans"the new boss".


Superman and the Elite
Villains: The Elite

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Superman and Supergirl are working together to eradicate Intergang and are seemingly succeeding.
  • Lex Luthor is back in the public spotlight and has - inexplicably and to the public anger of Superman - received a full presidential pardon for his previous crimes. He is running a number of business and charitable organisations all targeted at "making things right".
  • A group of super-powered people, calling themselves The Elite, arrive in Metropolis and begin assisting - violently - with cleaning up Intergang.
  • Superman is disturbed by their methods and confronts them.
  • Manchester Black, the leader of the Elite, broadcasts a message to the world saying that governments and superheroes have let the world down and that those who commit wrongs should be violently brought to account.
  • Lois Lane stumbles upon a story that links Intergang to world leaders - including the president of the United States. Her and Clark struggle with the potential repercussions of running the story - but Lois decides that the public deserves to know the truth and prints it in the Daily Planet.
  • The world erupts in fury and Intergang takes full advantage of it, pledging to kill each of the world leaders involved in the Intergang plot.
  • Superman and Supergirl go around the world attempting to protect the world leaders from the Elite.
  • Eventually, the White House is attacked and Superman and Supergirl fail to protect the President and his administration. The Government of the United States is killed, and the Elite assume control.
  • The Elite then set about targeting other known super-powered being in the United States, including Superman and Supergirl (cameos by WW, Aquaman, Flash, etc.).
  • Lex Luthor contacts Superman and offers him assistance in bringing the Elite down, using Intergang technology. Luthor believes that the Elite have not received their powers naturally, but using the same alien technology used by Intergang. He fashions machines which can be used to rid them of their superpowers.
  • The Elite are defeated, stripped of their powers and sent to prison.

One year later...
  • Lois Lane receives an anonymous tip that the Elite were created and given their superpowers by Intergang.
  • A presidential election is being held, Lex Luthor has nominated as an independent candidate and is currently leading the vote.
  • Superman stops by Luthor's office. Luthor says its good to have Superman's trust. Superman says he doesn't trust him and will be watching him. Cut outside to a group of civilians chanting Lex's name, carrying signs saying "Lex for President" and "Lex: Stopping the Supers" etc.

Flashback to the end of the previous movie...
We see a shadowy board meeting of Intergang discussing plans with "the new boss". A hand pushes a document titled "Project Elite" out onto the table. Lex Luthor emerges from the shadows.
You’re hired.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:31 AM   #559
mclay18
Side-Kick
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,927
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
I was hoping for McQuerrie and Zimmer lol
I'm sick of the Media Ventures/Remote Control wall of sound in comic book films, personally.

Kraemer has been a regular collaborator on McQuarrie's directing ventures, up until MI: Fallout (Way of the Gun, Jack Reacher, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation).

I would be very disappointed if McQuarrie didn't patch things up with Kraemer for their next project, be it a big studio film or something more low key.

__________________
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine Channing Tatum grinding his crotch in a human face, forever."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #560
Vaibow
Side-Kick
 
Vaibow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
This was a fun read. I particularly like in Film 1 that Clark and Lois are quickly given a storyline that pairs them together while going "off the grid" and making Kara so proactive about Kandor. Film 2 I think keeps Superman away from the main action for the most part, and it would seem to leave things with Brainiac, who ended Film 1 mostly victorious, a bit unresolved? But pitting Lois and Kara against Intergang and Bruno Mannheim, then bringing Lex into the fold, is really good stuff. Film 3 sounds good all around. I like the idea of using The Elite as villains more and more, and linking it all to Intergang and political corruption works out great. Same with giving Lois a journalistic dilemma. Cool approach throughout.
I hear ya, the one thing i would say about this pitch, which i actually enjoyed a lot - is ending the first film with superman trapped is a bit of a downer, maybe rework it a bit so that a side note in the movie is inter gang have started making clones - horrible human clones that are part cyborg and failing miserably as they haven't quite nailed it - how about the kryptonian given to brainiac is none other than Kon El, who's genetically produced (how they were assigned in MOS) to be a warrior and it almost ends with a shot of Superboy, in the suit getting ready to defeat brainiac from inside.
So now with a sequel of sorts which is Supergirl/Superboy with a cameo at the final third of superman.

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #561
Lone
Non-playable character
 
Lone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Syonan-To
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

I just watched Ben Stiller’s Walter Mitty movie and this is probably a knee jerk reaction and never gonna happen but I’d be interested in a Superman movie directed by him.

__________________
Loved MOS. Loved BvS. Loved SS. Loved WW. Hated JL. Still loving the DCEU though.

Zack Snyder deserves to finish what he started.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:02 PM   #562
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 28,627
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
I just watched Ben Stiller’s Walter Mitty movie and this is probably a knee jerk reaction and never gonna happen but I’d be interested in a Superman movie directed by him.
Ben Stiller as director? Why the **** not eh? I remember when Favreau was brought on to do Iron Man and I was like "the guy from Friends". Boy was I way off.

__________________
"Always hold on to Smallville" - Jonathan Kent (Smallville S10x22 - Finale)
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #563
Deck Rickard
Turd in the Wind
 
Deck Rickard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Posts: 2,639
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

(Sigh)

I’m beginning to feel like they should retitle this board “Hypothetical Superman Solo Movie.”

Deck Rickard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:45 AM   #564
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

I am just surprised that there haven't been any new developments on MOS2 especially after Comic Con after press was done for Aquaman, Wonder Woman 84 and Shazam

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #565
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 28,627
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I am just surprised that there haven't been any new developments on MOS2 especially after Comic Con after press was done for Aquaman, Wonder Woman 84 and Shazam
As I said in the DCEU thread I don’t think it’s very surprising considering we know contract negotiations between Cavill and WB are at a standstill.

__________________
"Always hold on to Smallville" - Jonathan Kent (Smallville S10x22 - Finale)
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:28 AM   #566
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.
 
Nemeres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 4,728
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck Rickard View Post
(Sigh)

I’m beginning to feel like they should retitle this board “Hypothetical Superman Solo Movie.”

__________________
Tuuuuu-turu-tu-tuuuuuuuuuuu

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #567
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Hamada is obviously not backing the DC Films division into any more corners. I think the focus and ship is already tighter from the standpoint of "show what we got NOW.." so it's good that potential surprise's could and should be coming down the road. Lets focus on what we got to look forward to NOW and hopefully when the time is right, they come with a whole new tidal wave featuring Batman, Superman and maybe Flash and GL. There's still meat on the end of that stick to come with surprising announcements. We can't start blowing our load so soon when DC is now hitting a new and improved era on screen.

__________________
DCEU THEATER COUNT:
Man of Steel: 6
Batman V Superman: 4
Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman: 1984
Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #568
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 28,627
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Hamada is obviously not backing the DC Films division into any more corners. I think the focus and ship is already tighter from the standpoint of "show what we got NOW.." so it's good that potential surprise's could and should be coming down the road. Lets focus on what we got to look forward to NOW and hopefully when the time is right, they come with a whole new tidal wave featuring Batman, Superman and maybe Flash and GL. There's still meat on the end of that stick to come with surprising announcements. We can't start blowing our load so soon when DC is now hitting a new and improved era on screen.
Exactly! And just think maybe we’ll be going into Comic Con next year knowing Reeves has cast his Batman and is ready to roll, Birds of Prey and the Flash are filming and Cavill is back on as Superman. Not saying all that will happen but just imagine if it did. How strong would SDCC be next year.

__________________
"Always hold on to Smallville" - Jonathan Kent (Smallville S10x22 - Finale)
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #569
Patchwork Man
Side-Kick
 
Patchwork Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,819
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Hamada is obviously not backing the DC Films division into any more corners. I think the focus and ship is already tighter from the standpoint of "show what we got NOW.." so it's good that potential surprise's could and should be coming down the road. Lets focus on what we got to look forward to NOW and hopefully when the time is right, they come with a whole new tidal wave featuring Batman, Superman and maybe Flash and GL. There's still meat on the end of that stick to come with surprising announcements. We can't start blowing our load so soon when DC is now hitting a new and improved era on screen.
Preach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Exactly! And just think maybe we’ll be going into Comic Con next year knowing Reeves has cast his Batman and is ready to roll, Birds of Prey and the Flash are filming and Cavill is back on as Superman. Not saying all that will happen but just imagine if it did. How strong would SDCC be next year.
Reeves should be well into filming by this time next year. IIRC, they're in prepro. There will be TONS to unveil next year. Magic 8-Ball says WB wins Hall H again in '19.

__________________
EEEYA--HAHAHA!
Patchwork Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #570
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I am just surprised that there haven't been any new developments on MOS2 especially after Comic Con after press was done for Aquaman, Wonder Woman 84 and Shazam
Oh wow I just saw you write the same thing in the Flash thread, gee

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #571
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 6,182
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Man View Post
Preach!



Reeves should be well into filming by this time next year. IIRC, they're in prepro. There will be TONS to unveil next year. Magic 8-Ball says WB wins Hall H again in '19.
Hopefully next year's SDCC will focus on

Joker final trailer+panel

WW84 SDCC trailer+full cast panel

BOP debut trailer+panel

Batman debut teaser

That'd win Hall H even if Marvel's there

I think even if Flash, Sup and SS2 happens we won't see them at SDCC until July 2020.

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:06 AM   #572
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 28,627
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

I keep thinking how cool would it be if Superman came out in 2021 and so did Batman. So we had those two in the same year.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #573
_Superman_
Man Of Steel
 
_Superman_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Northern VA.
Posts: 1,717
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I keep thinking how cool would it be if Superman came out in 2021 and so did Batman. So we had those two in the same year.
I got to say I would love that as well but that would mean both movies would have to go into production no later than fall of next year.

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #574
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game
 
Mandon Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cheam, Surrey, UK
Posts: 8,634
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I keep thinking how cool would it be if Superman came out in 2021 and so did Batman. So we had those two in the same year.
I remember how amazing it was (at the time) having as close as we've ever had of having a Batman film in 2005, then Superman 2006, but same year would be stuff of dreams.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #575
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 28,627
Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Superman_ View Post
I got to say I would love that as well but that would mean both movies would have to go into production no later than fall of next year.
I could see that happening though if Cavill gets his contract sorted in the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
I remember how amazing it was (at the time) having as close as we've ever had of having a Batman film in 2005, then Superman 2006, but same year would be stuff of dreams.
I know right? Think it would be perfect and worth the wait.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.