Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels

Old 07-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #126
x-er
Side-Kick

Default Re: We Want X-Men Legends III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
not anymore. MH got shut down last year
No way! I really enjoyed playing as Magik and Nightcrawler. And yeah, it's been about eight months now since I last played. :/

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:04 AM   #127
psylockolussus
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Iceman, Psylocke, Storm were my favorite in Xml1. Then in Xml2, Sunfire, Iceman, Storm.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:05 AM   #128
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yeah, they were all great.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:15 AM   #129
psylockolussus

Is there any possibility that they can do a third one? Remember mvc3 took so long to happen. Mvci too.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:17 AM   #130
Iceman
Infinity War!

Maybe if the MCU X-Men film is a monster hit.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #131
psylockolussus

I think that would just lead to an entirely new X-Men rather than a sequel to XML 2. Anyway, the line up of XML1 minus Magma + Havok, Forge, Angel (these three should be playable especially after just being a NPC for the first two), Bishop, Dazzler, Polaris, Banshee and I guess Kitty is my ideal roster if there's going to be Xml3... Though there won't be.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #132
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Is there any possibility that they can do a third one? Remember mvc3 took so long to happen. Mvci too.
This game is never getting a sequel. The probability is extremely low. Just not happening. I think people need to keep their eyes on what SE is doing with the Avengers. If thats good, they may make an X-men theme game in the future but that wont be for a long time and definitely not in this generation

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #133
psylockolussus

In my imagination, there's no complication. I think about Xml3 all the time. I'm dreaming.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #134
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey17 View Post
Which do you consider the superior game?

Ultimate Alliance II has the better roster of X-MEN imo

Storm, Phoenix, Psylocke, Wolverine, Iceman, Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, Magneto, & Juggernaut

Ultimate Alliance I has a nice roster too

Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Magneto, Sabretooth, Deadpool

But I like both. I play them on PS4

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

Last edited by Leo Zelinsky; 07-23-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:34 AM   #135
Silvermoth
Avenger

While we’re waiting for xmen legends 3, anyone else looking forward to a lego marvel superheroes 3 with the xmen included? That would be so much fun. It was the only thing missing from the last game (as well as the FF obviously)

Old 07-24-2018, 04:03 AM   #136
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
I think that would just lead to an entirely new X-Men rather than a sequel to XML 2. Anyway, the line up of XML1 minus Magma + Havok, Forge, Angel (these three should be playable especially after just being a NPC for the first two), Bishop, Dazzler, Polaris, Banshee and I guess Kitty is my ideal roster if there's going to be Xml3... Though there won't be.
I’ll take an entirely new X-Men game too as long as it’s at least as good. At least it’s great that an X-Men game is actually a possibility again.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #137
Neptune
Uchiha

Quote:
This game is never getting a sequel. The probability is extremely low. Just not happening. I think people need to keep their eyes on what SE is doing with the Avengers. If thats good, they may make an X-men theme game in the future but that wont be for a long time and definitely not in this generation
It annoys the F out of me that we still don't know anything about SE's game. Come on already!! Give us something!

Old 07-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #138
psylockolussus

X-Men Legends 1 to 2 established the X-Men world so well that I want a continuation with Sinister as the lead villain and with the Marauders as the bad mutants. Like the other old videogame franchises out there, its much better to continue the established continuity instead of starting from scratch. And of course I'm ignoring Destiny. Also I don't count those Lego games. I'm just not a fan of seeing them with blocky faces and bodies.

God, its so weird that the 2010s is ending neXt year and we got zero X-Men videogame. Yet the 90s/2000s had so many. Even Marvel is slacking with theur properties that aren't Spider-Man. Those online games aren't just appealing to me.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #139
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
X-Men Legends 1 to 2 established the X-Men world so well that I want a continuation with Sinister as the lead villain and with the Marauders as the bad mutants. Like the other old videogame franchises out there, its much better to continue the established continuity instead of starting from scratch. And of course I'm ignoring Destiny. Also I don't count those Lego games. I'm just not a fan of seeing them with blocky faces and bodies.

God, its so weird that the 2010s is ending neXt year and we got zero X-Men videogame. Yet the 90s/2000s had so many. Even Marvel is slacking with theur properties that aren't Spider-Man. Those online games aren't just appealing to me.
Its been close to 15 years since that game, even if for some reason Activision were to get the license back, they arent going to continue on with the story of a game that old that frankly hasnt been relevant since the PS2 generation, with this game likely be built for the next generation (PS5 and whatever the next Xbox is). There will be a whole new crop of young adults 18-22 yr olds that will have missed the orignial games and it would be off putting not to mention not financially wise to pick up from there. Not to mention the studio (Raven) is not the same as it was back then with people have come and gone so they arent likely to do it. It would be quite limiting to make a new studioi have to be beholden to the old continuity of XML especially when its not a series thats well revered and constantly talked about in the same way that other long lost classics like (Half Life or Chrono Trigger). A reboot is the only realistic way to go

Old 07-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #140
psylockolussus

I can see them keeping who's been established in the first two. But with a lot of changes in terms of gameplay. Thing is Legends pretty much used all the X-Men Legends. IMO, its much easier to just come continue what was established. But again, this won't happen. But if I had it my way, Xml3 in ps5/ps4 pro.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM   #141
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can see them keeping who's been established in the first two. But with a lot of changes in terms of gameplay. Thing is Legends pretty much used all the X-Men Legends. IMO, its much easier to just come continue what was established. But again, this won't happen. But if I had it my way, Xml3 in ps5/ps4 pro.
They'd alienate alot of people by doing that. Its been so long since Ive even touched those games and barely remember what happened. I dont think its realistic that they'd pick off where other people left off 15 years ago and not just reboot it and create their own universe with their own continuity and storylines

Old 07-25-2018, 05:47 AM   #142
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Dude you're always such a buzzkill over everything. Just let us dream

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #143
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Dude you're always such a buzzkill over everything. Just let us dream
Im a realist. I wont say anything anymore though

Old 07-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #144
psylockolussus

Quote:
They'd alienate alot of people by doing that. Its been so long since Ive even touched those games and barely remember what happened. I dont think its realistic that they'd pick off where other people left off 15 years ago and not just reboot it and create their own universe with their own continuity and storylines
It would only alienate people if its bad. I really doubt people won't buy a new X-Men videogame because its a sequel to a ps2 game. Thing is most likely, a new X-Men game would be a RPG game where you can pick your team or like some xml1 missions, you can't pick a certain playable character for certain missions. I mean look at Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 4, Resident Evil to Re7, there were changes but they didn't exactly become a different kind of game.

Unless its gonna be a fighting game or platform game or Destiny (where X-Men aren't playables), then there would no point in calling it Legends 3.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #145
x-er
Side-Kick

"Marvel's X-Men" most likely

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:39 AM   #146
Silvermoth
Avenger

What story would you like to see for xmen legends 3? Necrosha is my top pick. That would be incredible