The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels

Old 10-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #276
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

I am skeptical of X-force being made.

Rob Liefeld said he was told Fox's plans including it changed with Apocalypse.Deadpool moving forward also hints at that.Jeff Wadlow who wrote the draft of X-force after disappointment of kick-ass2 Is now doing masters of the universe.Lauren Shueller Donner this past summer was talking up Deadpool and gambit but not X-force.

I am skeptical fox would stop making X-Men films with characters familar to GA In favor of spin-offs with less familar characters.Since Fox Is not going to
quit making X-Men films any X related film will have as much merchandize in stores in future as DOFP had.

Now my insists after ending of DOFP where trilogy was erased would lead me to believe Fox Intends to move forward with new younger actors along with FC actors+Hugh Jackman as long as they can however they are doing another wolverine film after both origins and The wolverine have been erased so another X-Men film with original cast can't be ruled out especilly If Bryan Singer wants to do it,and fox thinks they can make money with it.The cheapstake who killed a X4 after Last stand-Tom Rothman-Is gone from Fox.
However it really can't be X4 since now the trilogy has been erased.It would be more a future sequel to FC trilogy

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #277
justanotherguy
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

Well Mystique being made the new focus, Scott Summers gets screwed again

justanotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #278
marvelrobbins
Banned User

That will likely change after Apocalypse.That's last film Jennifer Lawrence Is contracted for,and rumors suggest she will be gone from series after that.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #279
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

people like to say lawrence success is the only reason mystique is a bigger character for this series of films but you forget 2 things

1. jennifer lawrence was pretty unknown during FC and mystique was still a main character with her own story and development

2. they wouldn't have taken mystique out of the DOFP story because she is still a well known character from the OT who we already see the start of her story in FC so its very possible if not likely mystique would have got the same role in the story either way, same with apocalypse

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #280
marvelrobbins
Banned User

I never said they would take mystique out of the FC trilogy If Lawrence hadn't had the hungar games and won the oscar.But it defently caused some influence on films.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #281
psylockolussus
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
I am skeptical of X-force being made.
It would be made if Deadpool is successful.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #282
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

It's a pity we'll probably never see the original cast again, considering that'd be one X-Men movie I'd really look forward to.

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #283
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Certain ones will probably be seen again in varies projects but I just have my doubts it will be all of them in their own movie

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #284
Legion
Side-Kick

I guess I don't understand why a film featuring the "junior" X-Men from the original trilogy was never an option. Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus. Possibly Angel/Archangel. Maybe Wolverine or Storm as a mentor. Now Bishop, Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot are options as well. I feel like their abilities are interesting enough and the actors' salaries doable.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #285
HIA
Banned User

good point. And its not like Fox cant introduce even more familiar mutants on present time, lets say Psylocke, Jubilee, Sunfire, Polaris.... the list can go on and on. And they could even use Cable and Domino too, to set up XForce, or as their second appearance. So the possibilities are endless

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #286
psylockolussus

Give it time. Well it took 3 films after X3 before the OT cast came back for their 4th film. So maybe after 3 films again? Like after Wolverine 3 in 2017 and inbetween Wolverine 3 and DOFP, there would be cameos from the OT cast again.

Quote:
I guess I don't understand why a film featuring the "junior" X-Men from the original trilogy was never an option. Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus. Possibly Angel/Archangel. Maybe Wolverine or Storm as a mentor. Now Bishop, Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot are options as well. I feel like their abilities are interesting enough and the actors' salaries doable.
I guess its just not a priority for them.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #287
Hellion
Oppa Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
...I remember back when X3 came out there were the rumors...for Wolverine, Magneto...and the unknown spin-off focusing on young X-Men...before it became First Class, I remember many speculated it might have been the "junior" team...sometimes I wish we could have gotten that film...

...I also still think Bishop, Blink, Warpath and Sunspot should be X-Force...I mean, have a few of the other additions that have been speculated appear...but I'd say you have a good line-up...and I'd hate to think that those characters were one-and-done...

I'm a big Disney XD Superhero Fan:
Aaron Stone (2009-2010) * Skyrunners (2009) * Lab Rats/Lab Rats: Bionic Island (2012-2016) * Mighty Med (2013-2015) * Lab Rats: Elite Force (2016) * Mech-X4 (2016-????)
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #288
psylockolussus

Bishop and Blink should come back.

Warpath and Sunspot... I don't mind if they don't come back.

The OT cast.... THEY SHOULD COME BACK!

Old 02-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #289
Rike
Crazy

Default Re: The Original Cast Appreciation Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:12 AM   #290
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike View Post

Hell of a run!

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 AM   #291
psylockolussus

I cant wait to see them in the upcoming films!

Old 02-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #292
Knight_SV
Side-Kick

I hope fox will do cyclops right later. They haven't done him right from the beginning because at the time he is not a selling point with his boyscout personality, but now he has changed into antihero in the comic, he even has become the symbol for mutants in the comic. i hope fox really aware about this, if they really pay attention to the source material.

Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:29 AM   #293
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

I hope we get X4 after AOA. Roster I'd love to see:

Cyclops*
Jean*
Storm*
Beast*
Iceman
Angel
Wolverine*
Rogue*
Gambit*
Nightcrawler*
Colossus
Shadowcat

I guess if 12 people are too many, I'd settle for the 8 I've starred. Personally I don't see a cast that big being an issue - we've already developed the characters over a bunch of films. So long as Wolverine and Storm's dialogue is limited to their stoic source material and Cyclops is more talkative and Rogue more charismatic. To me, the one's not starred would mainly just be fanfare for me haha

America today finds herself in a unique situation... to become involved in a bloodless revolution
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #294
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Any news on a future film with the original cast? Ugh the things I'd do just to make this happen!

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #295
psylockolussus

Halle Berry ad Hugh Jackman are rumored to appear in X-Men Apocalypse in cameo roles.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #296
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Bring back Liev Schreiber!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #297
psylockolussus

Funny how you are posting that in this thread, when Liev Schreiber is not even in a part of the original cast and only appeared in the Wolverine prequel spin-off which I'm sure you are very aware of. Keep it up.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #298
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

What? Stop picking fights with me in every thread. I like Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth

Last edited by MakeMinesMarvel; 04-03-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #299
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #300
Kermit_The_Frog
Whip-laaaashh

I legit cheered when I saw Cyclops.

Kermit_The_Frog is offline   Reply With Quote