The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 03:14 AM   #226
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 5

Never read Deadman, Spectre or Hawkman stuff. But it doesn't look subversive enough for them, at least from brief glance. Not that they can't do some pure kids fun like they did with Speed Racer, but will anyone ask them to do it again after how it bombed...

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
Old 04-24-2018, 06:47 AM   #227
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

So, what's the rumour that another huge director is joining DC?

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #228
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Never read Deadman, Spectre or Hawkman stuff. But it doesn't look subversive enough for them, at least from brief glance. Not that they can't do some pure kids fun like they did with Speed Racer, but will anyone ask them to do it again after how it bombed...
I thought it was a shame the way Speed Racer went down. That movie was exactly what a Speed Racer movie should’ve been. I loved it.

Jupiter Ascending was really bad though

Old 04-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #229
MbJ
Side-Kick

Old 04-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #230
Jonwo
Side-Kick

It sounds like WB is doing a Rebirth for the DC films

Old 04-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #231
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Few things have me more excited for Aquaman than comparing it to Indiana Jones.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #232
Chip Chipperson
None of this matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
feeling good about this

Old 04-24-2018, 11:23 PM   #233
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

It needs a superman announcement imo.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:39 PM   #234
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/fandango/status/...005527552?s=21

Henry Cavill on when we could see Superman again.

Sadly from the way he's describing it a Superman sequel movie is still a ways off

Old 04-26-2018, 12:27 AM   #235
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post

Sadly from the way he's describing it a Superman sequel movie is still a ways off
The way I interpret his words is that things are in motion, whether this motion progresses into a full sprint is yet to be determined.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:28 AM   #236
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
The way I interpret his words is that things are in motion, whether this motion progresses into a full sprint is yet to be determined.
That's what I thought too.

Sounds like things are afoot & hopefully something can get sorted. I'm more positive about it now than before.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Old 04-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #237
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
That's what I thought too.

Sounds like things are afoot & hopefully something can get sorted. I'm more positive about it now than before.
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/att...antitrust-case

You won’t hear any definitive news about any more ongoing DC film projects until the AT&T/TW trial is concluded.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10
Old 04-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #238
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/att...antitrust-case

You won’t hear any definitive news about any more ongoing DC film projects until the AT&T/TW trial is concluded.
I remember hearing something about this. How has it affected them though? WW2 is moving forward, The Batman, Birds of Prey & New Gods have all recently been announced/confirmed.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #239
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

If a Superman sequel was never in the cards, they should’ve just made Brainiac the villain in MOS instead of Zod.

I honestly would’ve been fine if we never saw Zod in a movie again after Superman II.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #240
MbJ
Side-Kick

I don't think a Superman sequel was never in the cards. I know Jay Olivia claimed that, but I guarantee had MOS been less divisive, we probably would've gotten a proper sequel to MOS first before the crossover with Batman and all the Justice League stuff.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:58 PM   #241
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post

I think he's meeting with potential directors like Bayona and Vaughn and see what their vision for a Superman film is. And then depending on the directors' pitches and whether there's a script ready to go.

If things go well, like the director for Birds of Prey, it could be fast-tracked for a late 2020/early 2021 release.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #242
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

If a Superman sequel comes out of any of this, I will be thrilled.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #243
brandeezy89
Side-Kick

Pretty positive BOP will take that 2020 Untitled DC February Film date

Old 04-26-2018, 05:42 PM   #244
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

I like the Superman suit from Man of Steel - but it would be great if Cavill gets a more traditional suit to go with his more traditional approach to the role in Justice League.

Alternatively, I love this as well...

It's true - I just like change for the sake of change.

Last edited by Kevin Roegele; 04-26-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:19 PM   #245
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
I remember hearing something about this. How has it affected them though? WW2 is moving forward, The Batman, Birds of Prey & New Gods have all recently been announced/confirmed.
None of those movies are in pre-production other than WW2. They’re all vapour at the moment. WB’s habit of announcing movies and then never making them (especially in the DCEU) is well documented. Nothing is set in stone until after the merger trial is ended. Not even WW2 imo.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10
Old 04-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #246
MbJ
Side-Kick

Rumor about Superman.

Quote:
Thankfully, the studio knows that the blame for how Justice League went down had zero to do with Cavill or Superman, so while they may have cooled their jets with regard to announcing something official about a sequel (which would’ve happened in January had things gone well), Warner Bros. still very much wants to be in the Cavill/Superman business. I’ve reported before that the studio wants him to make his presence felt in their upcoming Shazam! movie, and- if a recent rumor is to be believed- that would just be the start of his expanded role within the DCU.

According to Collider, the studio is so enamored with Cavill’s Superman that- aside from sequels- they want him to sign a deal that would include various appearances across several DC film projects. As has been noted in the past, Cavill only has one film left on his contact, and I’ve explained on my podcast how the negotiations have been somewhat complicated. If Collider’s sources are to be trusted, this could explain exactly what the hold-up is.

In recent months, while trying to make sense of what the two sides want, I’ve speculated that it could be something as simple as money- With Cavill wanting a hefty raise to stay on and the studio wanting to see how his sequel does before ponying up the cash. But it now sounds like it could have more to do with the number of appearances the studio wants.

Here’s precisely what Collider’s sources claim:

“The rumor I heard was they wanted to make Superman the glue that ties all the DC movies together, which would feature the iconic character making small, but memorable, appearances in all the movies sort of like the way Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury pops up in most of the Marvel movies.”
It’s an interesting concept, and I must admit that I’m onboard if it’s the case. Since the studio is keen to keep the shared universe concept going, and Superman is the kind of character who can pop up anywhere at any time, it makes sense to embrace his role in the

Something I said on recent El Fanboy that I’d like to include here is that things are definitely more put-together behind-the-scenes than Cavill’s public comments imply. How do I know this? Because a few WB employees have laid eyes on visual designs for updates to Superman’s suit- and designers wouldn’t be working on that if there weren’t already a Superman appearance set to occur. My gut tells me they’re for his Shazam! cameo, but who knows?

As for what these updates are? It seems like they’re just weighing different options. There’s a variation that looks a little less alien, which does away with the metallic under-suit. There’s also one that places more emphasis on the belt area, and looks more like the Rebirth suit.

So they’re weighing their options over there, and figuring out exactly how they want the Man of Steel to look in future appearances. There’s no telling which way they’re going to go, but it’s refreshing to know that there’s all this actual behind-the-scenes chatter going on right now about the King of Superheroes.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #247
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Interesting reading - thanks for posting. To paraphrase a well-known saying, "Where there's discussion there's hope". I believe that WB have faith in Cavill and want to keep him - although I also agree that Justice League's reception may have prompted them to cool their jets a little on the idea of a second Supes solo outing. Not for good, but for now. If that's the case his popping up in other movies across the DCEU would certainly be the way to keep the character 'up there' until his second solo does come.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite

Last edited by Milk Tray Guy; 04-27-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #248
Micromind
New World New Rules

Quote:
Because a few WB employees have laid eyes on visual designs for updates to Superman’s suit- and designers wouldn’t be working on that if there weren’t already a Superman appearance set to occur. My gut tells me they’re for his Shazam! cameo, but who knows?
Ehh.. whoever take reigns of Superman franchise will have a say in what needs to be changed.

It's movie director's prerogative, will WB force their 'new suit design' on Matthew Vaughn / JA Bayona / Christopher McQuarrie ? What if they dislike it ?

Last edited by Micromind; 04-27-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #249
MbJ
Side-Kick

Depends. Consistent costumes in shared universes are pretty rare anyway.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #250
Tg11
Side-Kick

DC we need a win especially after Infinity War for MCU

Closed Thread