The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #526
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think it's unreasonable to be sad that he's 12 pounds lighter. He's still cut and looks like he could beat the crap out of people. There is no issue here. It's not like he's got a gut or no visible musculature.
Ok, that's your opinion. Do you think Captain America and Johny Storm should be the same size? More importantly to me, where did Steve Rogers get his size from? From the super soldier serum. So, does it make sense for Steve Rogers to loss a lot if mass? No, he's not a normal human.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #527
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
Wow! How anyone can look at that picture of Evans and be disappointed in his physique is beyond me. His arms look cut and he certainly has the look of toned gymnast. Some people, geez.
it's more about him being a lot smaller than TFA

Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #528
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Maybe we'll get a shirtless pic soon so we can rehash the chest hair debate for the hundredth time.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #529
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'm hoping for a repeat of wings vs. no wings.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #530
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
Ok, that's your opinion. Do you think Captain America and Johny Storm should be the same size? More importantly to me, where did Steve Rogers get his size from? From the super soldier serum. So, does it make sense for Steve Rogers to loss a lot if mass? No, he's not a normal human.
Where did Chris Evans get his size from in TFA? Not from a super soldier serum. For a naturally slimmer guy, a ton of eating and most likely steroids were involved. And if you know anything about that stuff, it acts as quite the opposite to a super soldier serum. Does it make sense for Chris Evans to add a lot of mass if it is unhealthy for him? No, he IS a normal human.

Have you tried adding 12 lbs of pure muscle naturally before? It is incredibly difficult, especially for a naturally skinnier guy like Evans. I say lay off of him. I think we should care more for the human actor to be healthy for the rest of his life than for the character to look bigger than Johnny Storm for two fictional hours. Besides, it's not like he looks like Skinny Steve or anything.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #531
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Whaaa? He looks much bigger than Jhonny Strom!!!

Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #532
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Where did Chris Evans get his size from in TFA? Not from a super soldier serum. For a naturally slimmer guy, a ton of eating and most likely steroids were involved. And if you know anything about that stuff, it acts as quite the opposite to a super soldier serum. Does it make sense for Chris Evans to add a lot of mass if it is unhealthy for him? No, he IS a normal human.

Have you tried adding 12 lbs of pure muscle naturally before? It is incredibly difficult, especially for a naturally skinnier guy like Evans. I say lay off of him. I think we should care more for the human actor to be healthy for the rest of his life than for the character to look bigger than Johnny Storm for two fictional hours. Besides, it's not like he looks like Skinny Steve or anything.
It's not unhealthy for him, that's just plain ridiculous. I have tried and successfully added more than 12 lbs of mass, and I don't even get paid millions to do so for a movie. I also said repeatedly that I don't even think it's Evan's choice, so why would you ask me to lay off him? I really wish people on here would read posts before responding in ignorance... happens all too often here.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #533
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not unhealthy for him
You aren't him, and you aren't his doctor or his trainer, and what applies to one person doesn't always apply to someone else, so you really aren't qualified to make this statement imo.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #534
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
It's not unhealthy for him, that's just plain ridiculous. I have tried and successfully added more than 12 lbs of mass, and I don't even get paid millions to do so for a movie. I also said repeatedly that I don't even think it's Evan's choice, so why would you ask me to lay off him? I really wish people on here would read posts before responding in ignorance... happens all too often here.
And how do you know what exact weight he's at now compared to TFA? He's said it's difficult for him to put on weight after a certain point so I don't really blame him if can't get the full weight back on. Plus, he probably has a different body type than you which doesn't allow for him to put on lots of muscle weight in a short period of time.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #535
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
Whaaa? He looks much bigger than Jhonny Strom!!!
not according to his current weight and stats. He put on 12 lbs of mass for TFA, to bring him to 182 lbs according to mens health, and he's back down to 170 lbs currently.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #536
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
You aren't him, and you aren't his doctor or his trainer, and what applies to one person doesn't always apply to someone else, so you really aren't qualified to make this statement imo.
Nor is anyone qualified to make the opposite statement then. I can pretty much guarantee it's not unhealthy though, as I don't know anyone, male or female, who was told they were unhealthy for adding 12 lbs of muscle.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #537
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
And how do you know what exact weight he's at now compared to TFA? He's said it's difficult for him to put on weight after a certain point so I don't really blame him if can't get the full weight back on. Plus, he probably has a different body type than you which doesn't allow for him to put on lots of muscle weight in a short period of time.
Well, that's the thing... he shouldn't be doing it in a short period of time. He's been filming for Cap since 2010, and then avengers, and now cap 2, etc, etc, you would think he would just keep it on considering these films are close to being back to back to back.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #538
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

I think it's more the steroids or growth harmones or whatever than the 12 lbs of muscle that is unhealthy, is what people were saying.
if he could easily add the muscle weight, I'm sure he would
but based on past comments, his process to gain it must be an unsustainable way to live

Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #539
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I think it's more the steroids or growth harmones or whatever than the 12 lbs of muscle that is unhealthy, is what people were saying.
if he could easily add the muscle weight, I'm sure he would
but based on past comments, his process to gain it must be an unsustainable way to live
Ah, I have not read that anywhere or heard that from any of his work out articles.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #540
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

well, of course

Men's Health isn't exactly gunna have an article called "The Secret to a 2-Month Superhero Body: Steroids!"

Evans I don't see taking straight up steroids, he's not that huge
But it frightens me when I see Hemsworth or Hugh Jackman, or even Henry Cavill now
There's no way a human body should get so big so quickly

Last edited by BoredGuy; 05-10-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #541
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
well, of course

Men's Health isn't exactly gunna have an article called "The Secret to a 2-Month Superhero Body: Steroids!"
Nor any other fitness magazine. I just tried searching for him discussing this and I couldn't find anything, it was just a quick search though.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #542
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Evans got his size in Captain America from oil, make-up, and camera angles.

- CM Punk
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #543
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

It probably just sucks keeping that 12 lbs of muscle mass consistently up and he's more comfortable/easier for him being at the 170lb range. No sense in forcing him to be at the 182 range (even if it does look a *bit* better) if he's not going to be happy with what he's doing or working too hard keeping the bodytype up. Looks fine either way to me, he's still jacked as fudge haha

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #544
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Evans got his size in Captain America from oil, make-up, and camera angles.
absolutely not... he got his size from a great work out routine and trainer ...

It's clearly seen in these behind the scene pics with no oil or special camera effects.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #545
OB12
Side-Kick

He doesn't really look all that different in those TFA pictures compared to the most recent one, maybe a little bigger but not noticeably so. Also, I do remember reading some quotes from him saying that he has a difficult time putting on muscle mass and the constant baked chicken meals that he has to eat becomes very tiresome.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #546
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, that's the thing... he shouldn't be doing it in a short period of time. He's been filming for Cap since 2010, and then avengers, and now cap 2, etc, etc, you would think he would just keep it on considering these films are close to being back to back to back.
That's a ridiculous thing to ask of someone who is not naturally that huge.

Quote:
Ah, I have not read that anywhere or heard that from any of his work out articles.
Why don't you read this: http://www.examiner.com/article/chri...and-relentless
Quote:
Chris Evans, who worked out two hours a day, six days a week and ate constantly to gain 20 pounds of muscle for Captain America, says eating all the time was nauseating.
"I've got a fast metabolism and I lose weight very quickly, so for me to get big, it was just eat a lot," Evans, 29, said at a press conference to promote Captain America.

The 6' tall Chris, who previously buffed up for Fantastic Four, says the grueling weight-lifting regimen was exhausting, mentally and physically.

"I was doing a film in Boston, and they flew a trainer out there, so we did about four months," he recalls. "We did two hours a day, and it was brutal.

"I usually like working out. Going in sucks, but walking out, you're like, 'I'm glad I did that!' This was different. I'd walk out and I'd be like, 'I need to vomit. I hate this trainer. I hate this movie. I want to go to sleep for a week.' It was just relentless." Evans has signed on to do three Captain America films and three Avengers flicks, which means he'll be hitting the gym and pumping iron for the next decade!
Also, this: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ch...p/1100-145195/

Quote:
I'm dreading it, this is what I keep thinking. We start Captain America 2: Winter Soldier in March so come January I have to…get back in that routine. And then I start thinking about all the future movies and I think to myself, "how am I going to keep getting big?" It's such a chore. I hate to admit it but it's such a chore. It's months and months of lifting heavy, heavy stuff. Not looking forward to it. But you know what, it's worth it because I am happy with the movies and I do love the character. What am I saying though, these are good problems to have.
At a press conference at the Toronto Film Festival promoting the Iceman movie:
Quote:
“I've lost it all right now. It's gonna be at least two months of training. I am not looking forward to it,” Evans says. “I mean, I like going to the gym, but these are not gym sessions buddy. You don't even know dude. I'm puking at these gym sessions. It's two hours every day and it's brutal man. I don't do a lot of cardio because I'm not trying to lose weight, but gain weight. But, it's big weights and you're just so long. You'll be working out and you'll be, 'How long have I been here? Only 35 min? I still have another hour here.' And you just leave the gym unable to move. You just know you have to do it tomorrow. It's a chore.”

And even at just 31, Evans is realizing all that lifting isn’t as easy as it used to be. Evans laughs noting, “Things are [already] clicking and I'm sore. 'How am I gonna do this?' How does Hugh Jackman? How does he do it? How does a guy in 40's get that big?”

Last edited by spideymouse; 05-10-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #547
OB12
Side-Kick

^^There you go. To ask anymore of the guy sounds like it would tantamount to torture. He looks perfectly fine as is, even if he is a bit smaller than TFA.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #548
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
well, of course

Evans I don't see taking straight up steroids, he's not that huge
But it frightens me when I see Hemsworth or Hugh Jackman, or even Henry Cavill now
There's no way a human body should get so big so quickly
It's easier for some than others. I gain and retain muscle mass fairly easily, but lose belly fat very slowly. While some people I know lose belly fat very easily but can't put on muscle mass quickly to save their life despite doing the right things diet wise.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #549
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
That's a ridiculous thing to ask of someone who is not naturally that huge.

Why don't you read this: http://www.examiner.com/article/chri...and-relentless
Also, this: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ch...p/1100-145195/

At a press conference at the Toronto Film Festival promoting the Iceman movie:
None of those articles say that he was using steriods to get big, which was what the post you quoted of me was responding too. Again, please read the posts before commenting folks.... And it's far healthier for him, and easier, to stay big rather than yo yo like he is talking about in these articles.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #550
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
^^There you go. To ask anymore of the guy sounds like it would tantamount to torture. He looks perfectly fine as is, even if he is a bit smaller than TFA.
Yep, it's soooo torturous to make 800 million for working out for two months and shooting a film... sooooo torturous I tell you....

Closed Thread