The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old 03-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #701
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: "It's Clobberin' Time!" - The Ben "Thing" Grimm Thread

Well considering I'm not seeing this steaming turd of a film there's no point in crying foul over this horrible design but I do find it fascinating that Fox has made 3 FF films and in none of them does he have his signature features.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 AM   #702
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

It's not good, I get the thing is meant to be misshapen and ugly, but you can still have competent design in his facial features. This is far far too messy to resesmble anything other than a pile of random orange rock and that is not what the thing is

I've seen people on fb and Twitter say he looks handicapped

I just don't get how the same studio can release this and the deadpool image at the same time and both be so amazingly far apart on the design scale

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM   #703
Spider-Fan83
With Great Power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ene View Post
The more i look at it, better he looks. I think he will look great on-screen. My only fear is how will Torch look like, the fire effects so far haven't been very convincing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I want to see a different shot. I have a feeling this might just be a lousy shot, but I can't tell. And he could look better or could look worse. If he looks worse, that's going to be pretty bad.
with it being CG, its one of those things (no pun intended) where it will probably look better in motion then in still shots

there we're just seeing it from one angle, with one expression,... its not like we'll have time to notice the little details in the movie, as he will never be that still for that long

it'll come down to how animated he is in his movements and expression,...

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM   #704
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
with it being CG, its one of those things (no pun intended) where it will probably look better in motion then in still shots

there we're just seeing it from one angle, with one expression,... its not like we'll have time to notice the little details in the movie, as he will never be that still for that long

This is an important point and something I hope they get right. With the first Hulk, I thought he looked great in still shots, but when he moved it was unnatural and distracting. With motion-capture technology, that's something that has gotten much better over the years, and one of the things I'm most interested in seeing is Jamie Bell's mo-cap efforts and how that works with the character.

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #705
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post

Wow, ANOTHER parallel to the BayTurtles movie.

Can't tell you how many times I heard this through production after various leaks of awful-looking promo material happened(just like this most recent FF banner leak).

When this image leaked:

Which was our first clear look at ALL the Turtles(literally, before any other promo material, sound familiar?) most everybody who cared thought they looked horrible(they do).

But there were a few people who continuously said "oh that's just a toy fair promo end cap thing! They''ll look better in motion on the BIG SCREEN"

They didn't.

The designs were bad, the motion capture poor, and little effort put into it.

I'm willing to bet quite a lot of internet dollars that it'll be the same situation with Trank-Thing.

RAE072 is online now   Reply With Quote