The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Old 12-03-2016, 10:09 PM   #201
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Default Re: Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

When are they going to address the glaring issue of keeping Amaya out of her time? Not only is she risking the issue of Mari not being born but is risking the totem never even finding its way to Mari.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #202
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

As long as she survives to return to her time of departure, all should be fine.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #203
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Her disappearance is already effecting the timeline, her team didn't know where she had gone by the time they arrived in the 80s. Staying out of the timeline to long should effect things for people who already have future famalies or else they could pick up Laurel and just keep her on the ship forever.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:48 AM   #204
herolee10
No More Miracles

So based on BR's wardrobe, I'm assuming that we'll be seeing the Legends travel back to medieval times...which I guess makes sense given on how Nate showed historic proof to Oliver that Palmer was spotted back in that period.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #205
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

I hope they put an end to the time traveling stuff for a third season and go with the all-star/ brave and bold team-up format of the comics and animations. I thought the point of Legends was to be the place where both Arrow and Flash casts could crossover instead of each other's shows.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #206
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I hope they put an end to the time traveling stuff for a third season and go with the all-star/ brave and bold team-up format of the comics and animations. I thought the point of Legends was to be the place where both Arrow and Flash casts could crossover instead of each other's shows.
Time travel will always be a major part of the show because that is the whole point of the show. Not sure where you got the idea it would just be a cross-over vehicle for Arrow-Flash characters.
It would be like Flash dumping his being a speedster and just show him as a forensic technician or Green Arrow as just the mayor or Supergirl as just a reporter.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #207
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Even in the Legends part of the crossover they had their obligatory time travel.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #208
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Her disappearance is already effecting the timeline, her team didn't know where she had gone by the time they arrived in the 80s. Staying out of the timeline to long should effect things for people who already have future famalies or else they could pick up Laurel and just keep her on the ship forever.
That's why I don't like a lot of time-travel stories, so many paradoxes. If she doesn't return her granddaughter can never be. If she does, she risks undoing all the work she did with the Legends in the years following her initial departure. Unless she retires and lays low to make sure she has as little influence as possible.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #209
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
I like the Lily Stein character. What I don't like is that Stein was all about thinking of her as an aberration he was going to 'smite,' only to change his mind when she proved she might be as smart as he was...

So intelligence deciding whether someone lives or dies. Way to go writers.
He didn't decide to let her live because she was smart. Her figuring out the solution to their problem formed a bond between them and made him see her as a person instead of an aberration. He's a scientist, if he had been an artist she would have shown him a painting or something.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #210
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Her showing her ability to solve things like Martin showed him that she was his very child who was almost a reflection of himself. She obviously looked up to him and loved him, and was conceived out of love not because of an aberration.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #211
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

So, after watching the crossover and thinking about the show. . . I think that the best thing they could do is some cast changes. Specifically, they should ditch Atom and Firestorm entirely. Drop them both back in 2016, where they can continue being heroes. This may be sad, because Stein especially is awesome. . . but so much of the writing problems on the show arise from efforts to avoid how powerful their team is. Without Atom and Firestorm, though, the remainder of the team is almost street level. . . and that's the kind of plots they tend to do- street level heroes with tech gadgets and a time machine.

So, return Ray, Martin, and Jax to their home time. Come up with another team member or two, one of which must be a scientist: Curtis Holt wouldn't be a terrible choice, once he finishes growing up *ahem*. At this point, you stop having the self-inflicted plot problems.

( I am undecided on Nate. On one hand, he's the second most powerful person on the team. OTOH, he's a lot more intrinsically tied to the time travel theme, and he's arguably less game breaky than the other two. )

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #212
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

But if she wasn't? If rather than being a peer scientist with Stein or a renowned artist, if she was simply a shoe saleman or hotel maid, would she be allowed to live? Would Stein have taken the time to see her as a living breathing person, as his own flesh and blood child, and come to the same conclusion?

My problem is that she needed to pass a litmus test in order for Stein to see her as that, rather than just having to be his child for him to decide to protect her.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #213
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Did anyone think she was Martin's mistress all that time in the memories or when she first opened the door before she called him dad?

Old 12-07-2016, 04:49 AM   #214
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Did anyone think she was Martin's mistress all that time in the memories or when she first opened the door before she called him dad?
that may have what stein almost thought she was but wasn't sure. I'm it came to others out side of the hype as well.

I'm sure alot of people are just happy it's his kid. and his wife was weirdly replaced or he had a mistress as you said.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:16 AM   #215
herolee10
No More Miracles

I'm kind of surprised though that they didn't have the Legends tell Barry that they were dealing with another speedster as well. You'd think that Barry would find it be a concerning if he learned that not only was the RF still alive but that he was causing trouble to the main timeline.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:02 AM   #216
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Yeah at first I thought his wife had been replaced in episodes where he had the memories or when she first opened the door, but when she said that Martin's wife was not there I thought then that maybe she was his mistress.

And I agree that they should have told Barry about the speedster. It seems like a bit of a contrivance just to keep them at a disadvantage. Sara probably should have also told Oliver that she told Damien Darkh his fate in the future.

Also, shouldn't the rest of the team's memories also soon be rewritten so that they will all believe Martin always had a daughter. Then he won't have to tell them about the aberration because they'll not know any different.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 12-07-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:36 AM   #217
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
that may have what stein almost thought she was but wasn't sure. I'm it came to others out side of the hype as well.

I'm sure alot of people are just happy it's his kid. and his wife was weirdly replaced or he had a mistress as you said.
I thought they were setting it up to have the audience think his wife was replaced or something, but I figured (from the moment he said he loved her) that it was going to be a fakeout and she was his kid. Seemed the most obvious and more interesting choice.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #218
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
I too thought he somehow ended up with a different wife. And how he would react to a total stranger being his wife. Sort of like Lucy with her fiance in Timeless.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #219
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:

Also, shouldn't the rest of the team's memories also soon be rewritten so that they will all believe Martin always had a daughter. Then he won't have to tell them about the aberration because they'll not know any different.
I think given on how the team spends their time being in the time displacement zone, it provides them some protection from any time altering effects thus their memories don't change automatically when their past has been affected.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #220
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

His first visions of her were of a picnic scene, but then a later one showed a little girl, so kinda figured he made himself a child.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #221
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
His first visions of her were of a picnic scene, but then a later one showed a little girl, so kinda figured he made himself a child.
that could have gone alot of ways, for example it her running through the field could have been a child hood friend he forgot about after marrying his original wife.

and for his generation that's not uncommon. Compared to someone like me and my gen who's the latter end of gen x which it could go ether way. And for those that are menial's that seem to try and avoid that all together cause they don't like the idea of marring your child hood friend that you grew up with at all, & just plain just go out of that sphere and look for someone new and say getting to know that persons they are going out with is exciting.

Any way we should just be happy they didn't play the mistress card.

I'm sure that would have been ugly. the comic audience has warned the writers of comic's we can't stand that as it is with our super hero protags.

Especially if the writers still want us to like them those ones that put them selves in that mess. but it become problem even more when they ignore that warning , and still claim not to understand after that warning from the comic fans and then when they bring it to live action and the audience there is even more ticked off and the writers are asking why do you hate this character?

Really your asking the tv audience why we can't stand the character anymore with these action?

Just keep the cheating and mistress out. unless they're undercover/ deep cover, there's no way it'll be happy reaction from the fan base /audience .

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #222
smallville fan
Hero

Now this will be a fun episode. Wonder who they'll cast as George Lucas?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...ends-tomorrow/

Quote:
Tomorrow shows up what Rip Hunter has been up to. He’s in 1967 filming a movie about himself. Arthur Darvill has the 60’s look going on in the scene and is speaking with an American accent. So what does this mean? Well, according to Caity Lotz, we’ll be visiting him soon and will also get to see a film icon… George Lucas. During a Fan Fest chat on the CW website, Lotz hinted that we would see the famous director. Will Rip give George the idea to do a film about spaceships and heroes?

This, like the Gypsy news on the Flash, may have been said by actors, but there is no doubt that this information was approved to be released.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow returns on January 24th, it’s new night and time, at 9 PM after The Flash.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #223
Blitzkrieg
Super Hero Girls

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/12...alflow_twitter

Quote:
The Originals alum Elyse Levesque has landed a guest-starring role on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — and EW has the exclusive details on who she’ll be playing.

Levesque, whose credits also include Stargate Universe and the upcoming final season of Orphan Black, will play Guinevere of King Arthur fame in an episode slated to air in late February.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:27 PM   #224
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Is Sara gonna sleep with her to..?

Old 12-14-2016, 03:07 AM   #225
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Is Sara gonna sleep with her to..?
I would be sorely disappointed if Sara doesn't sleep with her. If I were Sara I know I would sleep with her.