The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #901
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Von Zombie View Post
Solid performances from everyone involved and it takes an incredibly ridiculous premise and makes it work on just about every level which is more than I can say for its larger budget counterparts.
I found the execution to be jarring for the most part. The track in the finale is memorable.

YOUTUBE
Precious Delicious Pineapple Pizza

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #902
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I found the execution to be jarring for the most part. The track in the finale is memorable.
I think that was intentional. When I went into the film, I had no idea it was going to turn into such a dark comedy. I thought it worked incredibly well. Jason Sudeikis takes it to a level I didn't think he was capable of as an actor.

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Old 09-10-2017, 04:21 PM   #903
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughterLives View Post
bahahahahahaha! Thats the face you make when you see someone drop the soap in prison. hahahaha! I'm literally dying of laughter...Thank you!
And you dropped the soap, man.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #904
LaughterLives
Side-Kick

Can't drop liquid soap.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #905
Consona
Side-Kick

Alien Covenant > Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Old 09-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #906
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

I hate hate hate the weird head cocking move that certain actors do in action movies. It looks ridiculous. I know some people not see the beef with it, but lord does it drive me buggy.

Example:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 09-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #907
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consona View Post
Best thing I can say about that movie is; "At least it's not Prometheus"

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #908
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

At least Prometheus knew what it wanted to be. A new path with similar ideas loosely tied to the Alien franchise to be further explored. It might have failed, but the intentions were good and interesting. Alien Covenant is a mess. An identity crisis of a movie that doesn't know what it wants to be. And it made the original Alien retroactively worse. Which is the biggest sin.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #909
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Prometheus pissed me so much I kept thinking "F*** THIS MOVIE" for a week. Its sequel left me bored and uninterested even to mock.

YOUTUBE

Old 09-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #910
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

Put me in the camp that thought Prometheus was better. I watched both of them again recently and both were worse than I remember, but Prometheus was much better in the end.

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Old 09-11-2017, 07:39 PM   #911
LaughterLives
Side-Kick

Quote:

hahaha! I really wouldn't argue that. I'd probably choose to watch Covenant again over those 2.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #912
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I hate hate hate the weird head cocking move that certain actors do in action movies. It looks ridiculous. I know some people not see the beef with it, but lord does it drive me buggy.

Example:
LOL, I like this pet peeve. Does it bug you in real life too, or just in movies? Because that's just a natural tick some people have when they talk or make a point/joke. I can think of a few of my Midwestern relatives who that do that all the time.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 09-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #913
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
LOL, I like this pet peeve. Does it bug you in real life too, or just in movies? Because that's just a natural tick some people have when they talk or make a point/joke. I can think of a few of my Midwestern relatives who that do that all the time.
Just in movies because they tend to do it before they do something tough or badass. I don't know why it rubs me the wrong way, and I recognize that it's probably a dumb thing to get bothered by, but man I can't stand it.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #914
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Well... I knew it. I knew it was gonna happen.
Baby Driver wasn't that good. I mean, is a fine film, but the over the top praise for anything Edgar Wright does is exaggerated. He has skills and a particular vision for cinema, but can we stop pretending he is this god of filmmaking? It was a fun film and nothing else, which is perfectly fine.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #915
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

I prefer my steak well done. Medium rare stuff is for vampires or Cate Blandchette.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:00 AM   #916
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Just in movies because they tend to do it before they do something tough or badass. I don't know why it rubs me the wrong way, and I recognize that it's probably a dumb thing to get bothered by, but man I can't stand it.
Fair enough, I think we all have those little things that bug us in movies.

I've been seeing The Mummy movies on the premiums channels a lot over the last couple weeks and they reminded me of one of my unpopular opinions: Brendan Fraser absolutely sucked in those movies. Every single one. I actually enjoy the first one quite a bit, but as I watch it, I find myself thinking on multiple occasions, "damn, I'd like this so much more with a different lead." Like, he is awful at delivering one-liners and being a "charming rogue" type. I dunno, to me he just seems to be doing an impression of a movie action hero rather than actually being a movie action hero, if that makes any sense, and it grates.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 09-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #917
sycamore
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:

Example:
Nice observation. SJ does it CONSTANTLY in every Avenger movies she's in. Maybe she has tourettes or something.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:23 AM   #918
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:

I've been seeing The Mummy movies on the premiums channels a lot over the last couple weeks and they reminded me of one of my unpopular opinions: Brendan Fraser absolutely sucked in those movies. Every single one. I actually enjoy the first one quite a bit, but as I watch it, I find myself thinking on multiple occasions, "damn, I'd like this so much more with a different lead." Like, he is awful at delivering one-liners and being a "charming rogue" type. I dunno, to me he just seems to be doing an impression of a movie action hero rather than actually being a movie action hero, if that makes any sense, and it grates.
Those movies would be better with Tom Cruise and Rachel Weisz. Or hell...A younger Rusell Crowe at the time.

Cruise chose the wrong Mummy. lol

Old 09-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #919
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:

I like him as the lead.

YOUTUBE

Old 09-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #920
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
Nice observation. SJ does it CONSTANTLY in every Avenger movies she's in. Maybe she has tourettes or something.
Elizabeth Olsen does it a time or two as Scarlet Witch. Makes me wonder if it's some kind of direction given to them by the directors, or if it just comes naturally.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #921
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
Those movies would be better with Tom Cruise and Rachel Weisz. Or hell...A younger Rusell Crowe at the time.

Cruise chose the wrong Mummy. lol
I usually find Cruise incredibly obnoxious. He just has that mega watt cocky grin that gives me the vibe that he thinks he's the greatest thing ever.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #922
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
I'm not sure what that has to do with Tourette's.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #923
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:

Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 PM   #924
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

With all the nitpicking of posters and DVD & blu ray box arts I see for Spider-Man: Homecoming, I think I am a very happy camper for not caring much about these things and mostly give them a passing look.
All I really care about is for the cover to identify the film at hand.

YOUTUBE

Old 09-17-2017, 05:33 AM   #925
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

The Princess Bride (for me) is not the grandiose, 'old fashioned' romantic yarn classic that is beloved by many, it's a load of old tosh.

Closed Thread