The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 02:04 AM   #901
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just watched the Russian superhero movie GUARDIANS.....had more fun watching it than several recent American superhero movies.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:36 AM   #902
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Devin Faraci is back, in a different job.
This is f***ing disgusting. I hope Alamo faces boycott for this.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:54 AM   #903
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
This is f***ing disgusting. I hope Alamo faces boycott for this.
I disagree, as I believe in rehabilitation. If he's taken legitimate steps to improve and get better, then he should be re-integrated into the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc
Does anyone really care?
A lot of people as it's a very important topic. It was apparently one of the top trending topics on twitter.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #904
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

He had apparently been writing for them and others for quite some time. That's... mildly troubling, I think. They publicly severed ties with him but had secretly just demoted him.

That being said, here's a better place to discuss this topic.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #905
jmc
away for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Just watched the Russian superhero movie GUARDIANS.....had more fun watching it than several recent American superhero movies.
I kinda wanna see this flick.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #906
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
I disagree, as I believe in rehabilitation. If he's taken legitimate steps to improve and get better, then he should be re-integrated into the community.

A lot of people as it's a very important topic. It was apparently one of the top trending topics on twitter.
I assume you are a guy.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #907
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Nm.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 09-13-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #908
Timebomb
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Me too

Old 09-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #909
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb View Post
Me too
I recommend it. It's not perfect....there are some problems with it.....but it's fun. You have a guy that is a werebear......who also uses a minigun like Jesse Ventura in Predator. You have a guy who moves like the Flash while Kung Fuing people's asses with his twin swords. There's a girl who can turn invisible and kick your ass with various martial arts. And there is the guy who can telekineticaly control rocks and slice you up with his laser whip. They are fighting a superstrong guy with Magneto powers who has an army of clones as his minions who wants to rule the world.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #910
Chip Chipperson
Thanos 3:16

Quote:
the trailer for it looked like a blast

will have to keep an eye out for it

Old 09-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #911
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
I recommend it. It's not perfect....there are some problems with it.....but it's fun. You have a guy that is a werebear......who also uses a minigun like Jesse Ventura in Predator. You have a guy who moves like the Flash while Kung Fuing people's asses with his twin swords. There's a girl who can turn invisible and kick your ass with various martial arts. And there is the guy who can telekineticaly control rocks and slice you up with his laser whip. They are fighting a superstrong guy with Magneto powers who has an army of clones as his minions who wants to rule the world.

I saw the trailer and it looked bonkers. In a good way.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #912
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Nm.
I saw your post before that edit.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #913
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

David Harbour's Hellboy looks great.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #914
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Yes, that picture looks awesome.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:26 PM   #915
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Perlmans looked great imo, but Harbour looks awesome also. I am more and more intrigued by the re-boot.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 09-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #916
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
Let's be real here, Amy Adams is lovely and a good actress, but talent wise she ain't fit to lick Blanchett's boot heels.

Quote:
I’m presenting something to Amy Adams, and I know exactly what I've been thinking, apart from the fact that she's fabulous and deserves everything. It's a bit dumb. It's kind of a girlie-sort of fan letter that's sort of slightly creepy, and very earnest, but here we go.

I have a huge, huge actor crush on Amy Adams. It's huge. And yeah, I'm not alone. I would beg, borrow, and steal every single — I told you it was creepy — character she created. But the thing is, Amy’s screen presence is so utterly unique, her work is so seamless, that it's impossible to pick it apart, let alone try to imitate it. Her performances are seemingly effortless, but put the characters she's played in the hands of a lesser actor, someone less generous, less skilled, less Amy, and the gossamer-fine membrane that it takes to put a character on a screen would just disintegrate. It would turn to dust.

Now I can think of very few actresses across the ages who've played so many roles, in films of such different tone and temperature, and the extraordinary double-whammy — speaking of extraordinary, that Moonlight film is extraordinary — the double-whammy of Nocturnal Animals and Arrival is case in point. And still fewer actresses have played, or rather melted, in such a vast array of characters: erotic dancer, gallery owner, linguist, cult member, to name a few. Kind of absurd, Amy's breadth. But there's never a whiff of judgment on the character's politics or sexuality, there's no judgment on their actions or their socioeconomic standings, their relative intelligence or their conditions, big or small. Amy never, ever, ever tells an audience what to think. Rather, she bypasses that merely cerebral process and then invites an audience to feel first. And she spits the audience out, gently, like a mangled sort of stumped little fur ball after the movie is done...thinking and dreaming about what she’s allowed us to experience.

So often, watching a film that Amy’s been in, I'm inspired, but also very discombobulated. And I can be heard, sort of muttering down the street, like, "What the **** just happened to me? I had no idea she was going to take me here!" And actor-to-actor — and no one scrutinizes and perhaps appreciates, often begrudgingly, the performance of another actor, more than an actor — there are so many, many, many qualities that I admire in Amy's work. Her lack of self-aggrandizement. Her lack of vanity. The movie star that she is, you will never, ever, ever be catching Amy Adams doing a star turn. She could, and she'd knock you sideways with a feather, but she's always got a firm commitment to the story at hand, and the following traumas, and the delicate second-by-second closeness of how you realize these things most cruelly. She's truly scrumptious. [Laughs.]

I marvel at Amy's indefatigable curiosity, as a performer. It's the best listening/acting in the business by a country mile. And I don't know how she does it. But Amy appears sort of porous on the screen, not just inhabiting emotional states, but allow them to pull and unfold, a little like patches around her. It's almost as if she vibrates at a different intensity and wavelength for each performance, at a different wavelength from the rest of us. Without wobbling. And she can be so still, and contain so much, that it feels like she might just explode. She makes the ordinary extraordinary, with exquisite observation and detail. Her characters are profoundly accessible on screen, wide, wide open doors to allow the audience in, yet she has this uncanny parallel ability to realize people who hold a secret, and often from themselves, so they’re full of mystery and magnetism.

I fall in love with Amy’s characters every time, no matter what their circumstances. Every single time. And my list of love affairs is endless: Ashley in Junebug, gratefully and uncomplicatedly receiving a spoon at her baby shower; American Hustle, and I kind of go there every frame, every single frame, of that film, she bewitched and beguiled us. And often she works outside her comfort zone. And who can forget, "Don’t call me skank!" [from The Fighter] It's the ultimate "what could happen when women are nasty to other women" scene. But perhaps, never more rapidly, I've fallen in love with Amy in a just sublime, boundless, impossible performance in Arrival. Not only did she tap into a profound, universal grief that every parent feels, that we feel as human beings, and she did this within moments of the film’s opening. But then she unleashes the ******* tickle guns! And it was cruel! It came out so early in the film that I, and every single person in the cinema, was a mess. And as the film progressed, Amy, as your performance unfolds, it just got messier and messier. It was really definitionally bittersweet. And Amy Adams is perhaps the single reason why we prefer watching movies in the dark, so we can weep with her, we can laugh with her, we can moan and fear her, and lust after her, without being watched ourselves. And Amy, you deserve every single accolade imaginable, as a person, and as an actress. You have a rare lightness of spirit, and such depth of heart, and a talent that knows no bounds. So congratulations on whatever the title of this award is!

Old 09-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #917
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Perlmans looked great imo, but Harbour looks awesome also. I am more and more intrigued by the re-boot.
Yes both look great.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #918
Finarfiniel
#TeamHela

As heartwearming as that all is misslane, it primarily shows how lovely and magnanimous Ms. Blanchett is (as well as what a fabulous public speaker she is), but ultimately does nothing to change or disprove my point.

(I absolutely love that first picture of them both though).

Old 09-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #919
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
As heartwearming as that all is misslane, it primarily shows how lovely and magnanimous Ms. Blanchett is (as well as what a fabulous public speaker she is), but ultimately does nothing to change or disprove my point.

(I absolutely love that first picture of them both though).
You're right. Cate is just being charitable. Bless her heart. Seriously, though, it goes a long way to disprove your point. You claimed Amy isn't good enough to lick Cate's boots, yet Cate seems to definitely disagree. It seems your idol doesn't share your opinion, and I don't think it's because she's being merely philanthropic. In fact, if that were true of Ms. Blanchett, then my opinion of her would sour significantly, which would be a bummer, since I love her. I don't know, and this is me just throwing this out there, maybe pitting these two women against each other is dumb and silly? Maybe you can like Cate Blanchett more without adding fuel to this already ridiculous pissing contest?

Old 09-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #920
Finarfiniel
#TeamHela

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
You're right. Cate is just being charitable. Bless her heart. Seriously, though, it goes a long way to disprove your point. You claimed Amy isn't good enough to lick Cate's boots, yet Cate seems to definitely disagree. It seems your idol doesn't share your opinion, and I don't think it's because she's being merely philanthropic. In fact, if that were true of Ms. Blanchett, then my opinion of her would sour significantly, which would be a bummer, since I love her. I don't know, and this is me just throwing this out there, maybe pitting these two women against each other is dumb and silly? Maybe you can like Cate Blanchett more without adding fuel to this already ridiculous pissing contest?
Woah, chill the hell out You do realise this is all just banter, right? The only one taking any of this conversation uber seriously is you.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:10 PM   #921
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Crazy watching this and thinking about how far we've come since 2008.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #922
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

That was an awesome supercut. Thanks Flint.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:32 AM   #923
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Woah, chill the hell out You do realise this is all just banter, right? The only one taking any of this conversation uber seriously is you.
Did my initial reply to you, which was filled solely with positivity for Blanchett and Adams, seem like banter to you? I chose to be genuine and positive. You chose...something else. Now you've chosen to claim you were just bantering even though you started out saying "Let's be real here." So do you seriously think Adams is vastly inferior to Blanchett and that Blanchett's praise of Adams was insincere, or do you think they're both talented and you were just joking about the disparity in their talent? If you were just joking, why? Seems to me you're trying to deflect.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #924
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Old 09-14-2017, 12:45 AM   #925
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You