The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 05-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #26
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

Default Re: Pitch your own film idea -no matter how crazy or impossible it sounds-

With Spider-Man getting ready to appear in Infinity War and the news of Tom Hardy set to play Venom, my number one priority would be to convince Marvel and Sony to hold off on the Venom movie in favor of Spider-Man acquiring the symbiote while in outer space and bringing it back to Earth for the Homecoming sequel...

Spider-Man: The Alien Costume (2019)

Basically, a better and more faithful adaptation of the comics than what Spider-Man 3 attempted and failed.

Since the symbiote gets introduced in Infinity War you have Spider-Man wearing his black costume from the very beginning of the movie and as a result waste no time in explaining the origin of the symbiote or where it came from. Instead more time will be devoted to Peter's struggle with the symbiote which slowly starts to change him for the worse. The suit enhances his powers, increases his strength, and makes him feel great, but at the cost of pushing away his loved ones further and further. He's more violent to criminals, breaking bones and putting more of them in the hospital than jail. Peter has now started working at the Bugle where we meet Eddie Brock (Hardy) who's jealous of the attention being given to a high schooler, starting a rivalry that ultimately leads to Brock being embarrassed and fired from his job.

From what I read, Charlie Cox has a film option in his contract so I feel like this would be the best movie to put him in, given that this would be a darker film for Spidey than usual and the tone of the Netflix show. I'd like to see Matt act as a big brother like mentor to Peter by helping him deal with his inner demons and relating to Uncle Ben's death with the loss of his own father. As long as Marvel and Sony are sharing the MCU with Spider-Man, I'd have Fisk be the villain, for three reasons: you don't need to build the villain up, it ties in to the greater MCU, and Fisk is a classic Daredevil/Spidey villain.

Daredevil and Spidey team up and make their way through all of Fisk's henchmen one by one, as Matt has to keep Peter in check while Peter continues to feel the effects of the symbiote. This all leads up to a big showdown with Kingpin and Spidey who holds nothing back and puts a beating on Kingpin. Spidey doesn't let up, even after causing Fisk to go unconscious. This leaves Daredevil no choice but to intervene and stop Spidey from killing Kingpin.

Spidey warns Daredevil to stay out of his way, but Daredevil refuses, reminding him Fisk isn't a threat in his current state, and stands in front of Fisk and draws the line. Spidey crosses said line and takes the first swing.

Daredevil and Spidey go toe to toe with Daredevil throwing everything at Spidey but the kitchen sink, but due to the advantage the symbiote gives its host, Spidey ends up with the upper hand and goes to kill him before he realizes the symbiote has nearly taken complete control over him. Full of sorrow and ridden with guilt, Spidey removes the symbiote in the bell tower of a nearby church.

In a post-credits scene, Brock is in the same church and begging for a way to redeem his career. He begs the Lord to help him. To give him a sign of some kind, as the symbiote begins to descend from the ceiling.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #27
Victarion
Iron Captain

Default Re: Pitch your own film idea -no matter how crazy or impossible it sounds-

Suicide Squad:

I would look to The Things They Carried along with the 'Apokolips Now' storyline from the Suicide Squad comics for inspiration. The themes would include pain, revenge, and our inner demons.

Enchantress and Incubus would be set on opening a portal into the Nightshade Realm to get revenge on the archdemon that exiled them to Earth.

Each squad member would be hauling the metaphysical chains of their past crimes: Deadshot's murders and the political destabilization following his kills, Harley the murder of Robin as commanded by the Joker, Boomerang the murder of his father in defense of his mother*, Diablo the unleashing of his fire spirit on rival gangs, Croc his role in the black market organ trade and Katana her service to the Yakuza.

Enchantress's spell would require blood and souls: so she targets the city where Amanda Waller's based out of. She needs the squad because their metaphysical demons could provide the psychic energy needed to complete her spell. The squad' mission would remain the same - rescue Waller.

Incubus would be a bit like William Money out of Unforgiven. An old, grizzled veteran of the infernal wars, he tries to talk his sister out of her dreams of revenge. Like how Money tried to convince that kid in Unforgiven that killing's horrible, takes a toll on a man.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:46 PM   #28
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

Edit.

Last edited by gwynplaine; 05-29-2017 at 10:52 PM.
gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:52 PM   #29
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

A Superman Origin story-yeah, I know, it's been done to death.

I think a story about life in Smallville with him becoming Superman in the third act would be very dramatic. Clark has to deal with government
agents who want to take him away and weaponize him.

Think To Kill A Mockingbird meets The Iron Giant and the classic Day The Earth Stood still.

It's all about Clark learning life lessons from Ma and Pa Kent until he basically exiles himself to the Fortress of Solitude
for using heat vision on a creep, injuring him. It's there that he learns about Zod and has to learn how to fight, literally by unlearning
the restraint he had over the years. PS. Zod wants to rule earth, rather than terraform it, and wants a partner.

It is there that Superman realizes that he can't identify with Zod, and the smackdown happens, albeit less destructive and more personal
than the one in MOS.

PS. There's a subplot where Lois Lane is trying to figure out how to find the mysterious alien, but unlike MOS,
she has interactions between other characters regarding the nature of goodness and what it means to be all-powerful and human at the same time.
Her whole goal is initially to expose this man's identity to the press.

At the very end, Lois asks him what his name is, and you see a montage of Superman's life on Smallville, and he
whispers Clark.

She decides to keep it off the record, affirming Superman's faith in humanity.

Roll credits.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:53 PM   #30
Bearzooka
Side-Kick

I can't remember who, but someone on this site had an idea for a movie about a dog serial killer, and Owen Wilson plays the dog. I'd watch the **** outta that.

Bearzooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #31
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
A Superman Origin story-yeah, I know, it's been done to death.

I think a story about life in Smallville with him becoming Superman in the third act would be very dramatic. Clark has to deal with government
agents who want to take him away and weaponize him.

Think To Kill A Mockingbird meets The Iron Giant and the classic Day The Earth Stood still.

It's all about Clark learning life lessons from Ma and Pa Kent until he basically exiles himself to the Fortress of Solitude
for using heat vision on a creep, injuring him. It's there that he learns about Zod and has to learn how to fight, literally by unlearning
the restraint he had over the years. PS. Zod wants to rule earth, rather than terraform it, and wants a partner.

It is there that Superman realizes that he can't identify with Zod, and the smackdown happens, albeit less destructive and more personal
than the one in MOS.

PS. There's a subplot where Lois Lane is trying to figure out how to find the mysterious alien, but unlike MOS,
she has interactions between other characters regarding the nature of goodness and what it means to be all-powerful and human at the same time.
Her whole goal is initially to expose this man's identity to the press.

At the very end, Lois asks him what his name is, and you see a montage of Superman's life on Smallville, and he
whispers Clark.

She decides to keep it off the record, affirming Superman's faith in humanity.

Roll credits.
EDIT, Superman throws a nuclear missile at Zod's spaceship at superspeed, creating a black hole which sucks Zod in. Superman just barely flies out of the gravitational pull in time.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:35 AM   #32
LaughterLives
Side-Kick

I'd make a 4-5 film series of the Batman as a semi/horror franchise where the first 3 movies at least would be from the perspective of different villains in each film as well as Jim Gordon and the Gotham Police.
Harvey Dent would also be a main character in my series who doesn't turn into Two Face until the end of my second movie as to which he'd be my main villain/character in the 3rd movie.
Bruce Wayne would be in the movies but mostly as a background/minor character. Someone who gets mentioned alot but that we never really know. His role would also progressively grow.

The Batman would be a metaphoric monster and I'd make him appear as the antagonist in each film. As each movie progresses he'd appear less and less monstrous to my characters as people begin to discover and realize that he's actually human.
The 4th or 5th Movie would be my final story that might take 2 films and that would be a blended/loose adaptation of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth and The Killing Joke. This is the film that would shift in tone a little. By this film Batman would be the Superhero that put away all the worst criminals and is no longer the monster the citizens of Gotham saw him as. It would feel more like a superhero film but it'd be the villains in the madhouse that I'd use for my horror effects instead of the Batman.

Shadow of The Bat, Prey of The Bat, Victory of The Bat, Batman Arkham Knight and Batman Haunted Knight. Are some of the titles I'm playing with.

Last edited by LaughterLives; 08-09-2017 at 04:02 AM.
LaughterLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:11 AM   #33
LaughterLives
Side-Kick

@I'm Venom

I like some of your ideas for the symbiote but I don't think a story like that would be given the grittiness and edge it needs at Marvel. That's a story that would be better off at Sony and also based on previous Spider films, The quality in FX for the symbiote would be handled much better than at Marvel. A majority of the FX in Homecoming looked cheap as hell. I'd rather Sony get back the rights to Spider-Man if not only for this reason.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #34
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I would like to see a The Raid/Die Hard type of scenario of characters trapped in one location but with superheroes.
I love those genre movies that occur mostly in real time in a single location and have to work their way out of a certain situation. I know it might be hard to include big superpowered characters like, let's say, Vision, but there has to be something that contains them there and can't get out or are being threatened by a certain type of villain that keeps them hostage or something.
Point is, I'd like to see a comic book/superhero movie that rely mostly on details, small scale character interactions, and how their powers and abilities can be put to test/use.

DyeLorean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #35
LaughterLives
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I would like to see a The Raid/Die Hard type of scenario of characters trapped in one location but with superheroes.
I love those genre movies that occur mostly in real time in a single location and have to work their way out of a certain situation. I know it might be hard to include big superpowered characters like, let's say, Vision, but there has to be something that contains them there and can't get out or are being threatened by a certain type of villain that keeps them hostage or something.
Point is, I'd like to see a comic book/superhero movie that rely mostly on details, small scale character interactions, and how their powers and abilities can be put to test/use.
How about a movie like Saw or The Cube with the Punisher, Blade, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Black Widow, Kingpin and Pepper Potts?

Old 08-15-2017, 06:05 AM   #36
sycamore
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

An Obi-Wan movie, set between episodes III and IV. Sidious puts pressure on Vader to eradicate the last of the Jedi, and so Vader secretly breeds a Starkiller clone to hunt down Obi-Wan, Yoda and the twins. Final confrontation between Obi-Wan, Starkiller and Boba Fett, who somehow gets involved. Ewan Macgregor in the lead.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #37
sycamore
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

^^ Did I make the call or what?

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote