The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man Sequels

Old 12-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #76
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Default Re: Villains of Future Ant-Man Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Lord Gouzar, Psycho-Man, The Lizard Men of Tok and Baron Karza are Microverse villains.

Lord Gouzar and The Lizard Men of Tok are the only ones Marvel has the rights to right now.

A journey to the centre of the earth style adventure to the microverse could be a cool idea for the sequel.
Interesting, thanks. Whoever the villain is he has to be powerful enough to take on both Ant Man and The Wasp, so I hope it's someone interesting.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #77
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Villains that have featured in the current Ant-Man comics are

Darren Cross
Augustine Cross
Taskmaster
Egghead
Porcupine
Magician
Whirlwind
Beetle
Slug
Crossfire
Powerbroker
Hijacker

Old 12-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #78
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Egghead and Doctor Nemesis are both good ones, if there's a sequel. Beetle would be good as an obstacle villain, though I feel he's a better villain than just a run-of-the-mill tech user. He's smart too.

You know, with a character like Ant-Man and Wasp, I feel they should go all out and have all three of these guys in the movie. Sell that sequel.

4thWallBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #79
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

How about Daniel Benzali as Egghead?

They just could add a prosthetic point to the top of his head, or alternatively, not give him an ovate shape at all and just let him be called egghead because of his brains, and the fact that he already looks a bit ovate anyway.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #80
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
How about Daniel Benzali as Egghead?

They just could add a prosthetic point to the top of his head, or alternatively, not give him an ovate shape at all and just let him be called egghead because of his brains, and the fact that he already looks a bit ovate anyway.
Holy crap! That guy. I don't even care if he can act well. Him. Hands down.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:13 AM   #81
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Oh he can act fine. He was the lead in the first series of Murder One opposite Stanley Tucci. He would be a somewhat darker take on Egghead than just the mad scientist type. He could come across quite creepy and intimidating even though he's not that tall. He would definitely sell the super intelligent genius side of Egghead.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #82
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

There isn't much footage of Daniel Benzali on YouTube, but here is a clip of him in villainous mode:

Not sure what it's from.

I think he could be perfect for Egghead without making him seem like a joke, but more of a menacing villain.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #83
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

The Beetle (Abner Jenkins) = Kevin Durand. Brain and bronze.

Doctor Nemesis (Michael Stockton) = Joel Edgerton

We can toggle the costume to be less ridic.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #84
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
He first appeared in Avengers. He's not a mutant. He's a mercenary who fights everyone but the stories I tend to think of are him fighting the Avengers. If there was anyone I'd directly say he was a villain of, it would be Scott Lang. I just don't see any plausible argument for Fox owning his rights.
Apparently they did but don't any longer, at least if you believe the latest report from HH.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/20...marvel-studios

SomeOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #85
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Taskmaster would be the perfect villain to appear in Ant-Man, and would be fitting since it was Lang and Pym whom he first encountered in the Avengers.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #86
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy View Post
Apparently they did but don't any longer, at least if you believe the latest report from HH.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/20...marvel-studios
Which I don't. Unless they purchased the rights entirely separately. And if that's the case, then of course they've reverted since they never even made one movie.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:16 PM   #87
CB Fan
The Watcher

In the movie it's like they hinted at Hopes dark side when she was controlling the ants anybody think they would have her go dark? I didn't know she was a villain in the comics until while watching the film I did a wiki search on her.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #88
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thWallBreaker View Post
Egghead and Doctor Nemesis are both good ones, if there's a sequel. Beetle would be good as an obstacle villain, though I feel he's a better villain than just a run-of-the-mill tech user. He's smart too.

You know, with a character like Ant-Man and Wasp, I feel they should go all out and have all three of these guys in the movie. Sell that sequel.
What if they reversed the first film and had Beetle stealing stuff from Pym Tech for someone who has hired him?(AIM, etc or even just for himself)

Put the heroes on the defense and trying to figure out this guy so they can defend against him and beat him before he gets to the McGuffin

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #89
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
What if they reversed the first film and had Beetle stealing stuff from Pym Tech for someone who has hired him?(AIM, etc or even just for himself)

Put the heroes on the defense and trying to figure out this guy so they can defend against him and beat him before he gets to the McGuffin
That'd be something. Pym particles would be the easy McGuffin. Shouldn't use it again, me thinks. What else? Hrm. Maybe the tech that reverses, makes things large? Which could be being setup in Civil War, according to a toy-set.

I'd say other than the Infinity Gems, as McGuffins go, the Pym particles and vibranium aren't off the table yet, what with Black Panther and this probable sequel to Ant-Man (& The Wasp). So it starts a war between eggheads, pun intended. I'd love for all three to be working together to best Pym, Wasp and Ant-Man. Pym vs Egghead, Wasp vs. Beetle, and Ant-Man vs. Doctor Nemesis.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #90
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

What's with all the love for Egghead? I've always thought he was kind of lame. IMO, Whirlwind or Beetle should be the bad guy this time.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #91
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Egghead is ok. The guy your standard criminal evil scientist like golden age Lex Luthor. He would work as a secondary villain like Zola does in the captain america films.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #92
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Quote:
Which I don't. Unless they purchased the rights entirely separately. And if that's the case, then of course they've reverted since they never even made one movie.
Apparently his rights reverted when Daredevil's did.

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #93
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Egghead is ok. The guy your standard criminal evil scientist like golden age Lex Luthor. He would work as a secondary villain like Zola does in the captain america films.
Yeah but Marvel's best mad scientist villains have always been Leader, Baron Zemo, Mister Sinister, Doctor Doom and Doc Ock. (Not counting robots and cyborgs like MODOK, Arnim Zola and Ultron.) I'd rather see a visually striking villain and somebody like Whirlwind who has super speed and wind powers or somebody like Beetle who is effectively an evil Iron Man with wings is a lot more appealing to me than a mad scientist with no super powers.

Plus, Beetle is needed for Thunderbolts which James Gunn has stated that he wants to work on and is rumored to be in development for Netflix and he's never been Spider-Man or Iron Man's greatest threat. Whirlwind on the other hand is connected heavily to Wasp as her stalker ex-boyfriend and since we'll probably never see Madame Masque face off against Iron Man since her character is set in the 1940s, Whirlwind is really the best chance to have that type of villain in the MCU.

And Marvel lack the rights to Leader, Zemo is showing up in the next Captain America film, Sinister and Doom are over at Fox and Marvel would have to be idiots to not debut Doc Ock in a Spider-Man film. And since Zemo is going to be in the MCU from now on (and is a much more interesting character compared to Egghead as one of Marvel's best villains ever), why bother with a lesser version.

And MODOK is such a huge, huge threat that if Marvel don't get the FF rights back before Phase 4, the Avengers 4 villain needs to be MODOK. I don't think it's a good idea to use an Avengers villain in a solo film, particularly when Green Goblin needs more setup in a Spider-Man film, Proctor can't be used until Black Knight is established, Grim Reaper won't work until we get a Wonder Man solo film and I'm not sure how Nefaria fits into the MCU if Madame Masque is a grown woman in the 1940s. The only other choices I can think of are Namor, Korvac and High Evolutionary.

So that's why the bad guy needs to be Beetle or Whirlwind.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:32 PM   #94
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Parker View Post
Apparently his rights reverted when Daredevil's did.
I haven't ever said that stated in any form beyond blatant speculation. You got a link with anything remotely authoritative? If he was tied with Daredevil's rights, then we can throw out all theories and just assume character rights are divided by random lottery. Taskmaster is about as associated with Daredevil as Nick Fury is.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:00 PM   #95
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

I feel like Taskmaster is a very visually interesting villain as a hand to hand fighter and I'd rather he be introduced elsewhere since Ant-Man wins fights through trickery and guile rather than brute force. I'd like to see Taskmaster take on a brawler rather than a strategist, maybe introduce him on Iron Fist and then have him reappear on multiple films and TV shows like Agents of SHIELD and whatever Captain America 4 ends up becoming. He's not really tied to any one title in particular and just kind of floats around the Marvel Universe in the comics making him sort of the Namor of villains.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #96
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

If they are going to the microverse then why not psycho man?

Lilbaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #97
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
I haven't ever said that stated in any form beyond blatant speculation. You got a link with anything remotely authoritative? If he was tied with Daredevil's rights, then we can throw out all theories and just assume character rights are divided by random lottery. Taskmaster is about as associated with Daredevil as Nick Fury is.
Character rights are determined by negotiation between the buyer and seller. They could have easily said we also want Taskmaster when getting DD or not.

Lilbaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:07 PM   #98
Muze
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
If they are going to the microverse then why not psycho man?
he belongs to the Fantastic Four

"Don't let the fancy red and blues fool you, jerks. I may be a hero now but i don't pull my punches."
Muze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #99
Muze
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I feel like Taskmaster is a very visually interesting villain as a hand to hand fighter and I'd rather he be introduced elsewhere since Ant-Man wins fights through trickery and guile rather than brute force. I'd like to see Taskmaster take on a brawler rather than a strategist, maybe introduce him on Iron Fist and then have him reappear on multiple films and TV shows like Agents of SHIELD and whatever Captain America 4 ends up becoming. He's not really tied to any one title in particular and just kind of floats around the Marvel Universe in the comics making him sort of the Namor of villains.
last rumor was that his first appearance will be in the Most Wanted (Mockingbird and that british guy) tv series.

"Don't let the fancy red and blues fool you, jerks. I may be a hero now but i don't pull my punches."
Old 04-06-2016, 06:13 PM   #100
Muze
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Yeah but Marvel's best mad scientist villains have always been Leader, Baron Zemo, Mister Sinister, Doctor Doom and Doc Ock. (Not counting robots and cyborgs like MODOK, Arnim Zola and Ultron.) I'd rather see a visually striking villain and somebody like Whirlwind who has super speed and wind powers or somebody like Beetle who is effectively an evil Iron Man with wings is a lot more appealing to me than a mad scientist with no super powers.

Plus, Beetle is needed for Thunderbolts which James Gunn has stated that he wants to work on and is rumored to be in development for Netflix and he's never been Spider-Man or Iron Man's greatest threat. Whirlwind on the other hand is connected heavily to Wasp as her stalker ex-boyfriend and since we'll probably never see Madame Masque face off against Iron Man since her character is set in the 1940s, Whirlwind is really the best chance to have that type of villain in the MCU.

And Marvel lack the rights to Leader, Zemo is showing up in the next Captain America film, Sinister and Doom are over at Fox and Marvel would have to be idiots to not debut Doc Ock in a Spider-Man film. And since Zemo is going to be in the MCU from now on (and is a much more interesting character compared to Egghead as one of Marvel's best villains ever), why bother with a lesser version.

And MODOK is such a huge, huge threat that if Marvel don't get the FF rights back before Phase 4, the Avengers 4 villain needs to be MODOK. I don't think it's a good idea to use an Avengers villain in a solo film, particularly when Green Goblin needs more setup in a Spider-Man film, Proctor can't be used until Black Knight is established, Grim Reaper won't work until we get a Wonder Man solo film and I'm not sure how Nefaria fits into the MCU if Madame Masque is a grown woman in the 1940s. The only other choices I can think of are Namor, Korvac and High Evolutionary.

So that's why the bad guy needs to be Beetle or Whirlwind.
I wish people would stop calling him Egghead. he sounds less goofy when you call him Elias Starr. the government arrested him for selling military secrets. they gave him that name as an insult (sort of like how the Penguin got his name). he's really only as lame as the performance. that said, I wouldn't use him simply because Darren Cross already appeared as a bald evil science guy. M.O.D.O.K or bust. plus, Monica Rappaccini should definitely be in on that action. she could give Hope (or any of them really) a decent fight. plus she's a good way to introduce the new A.I.M; 100% more genocidal.