The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man Sequels

Old 09-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #26
Phish
Banned User

Default Re: Wasp Sequel Instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Agreed. No problem with ant man and wasp. Even her calling the shots is cool. But most of the people watching the film will be guys and if you want a film to succede it has to relate to your audience.
Her(and possibly her dad) calling the shots(depending on what the mission is:Heist=Scott) actually makes the most sense since she taught him how to use the suit and powers.

Phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #27
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

They are never going to make a Hope/Wasp movie.

It's disappointing that Janet will never be a significant part of the MCU.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #28
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
They are never going to make a Hope/Wasp movie.

It's disappointing that Janet will never be a significant part of the MCU.
Well, that depends. Are we talking significant as in she won't be Wasp, or do you mean she won't have a major role? In Ant-Man, Pym says "Is it possible?" when thinking about Janet after Scott escaped the quantum realm, so if they play that up next film, maybe she will either be freed from it or something. We don't know at this stage if they will try and factor Janet into the sequel (should one happen). I am betting they may.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:41 AM   #29
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Even though Ant-Man did well, I doubt there'll be a sequel for him. I see him working in the cast, along with Wasp, in The Avengers films, just no more solo stuff, I'd say.

I personally think a Wasp film with Ant-Man tagging along could be cool. But how do you not make it a retread of Ant-Man? How to entertain the audience with a shrinking hero again? Entertain those that loved it yet still felt it was a Iron Man-esque character and setup? I get a new story and a new villain will be peoples' answers, but me thinks audiences are just too superficial. Then again, superficiality gets butts in seats. I dunno. I just didn't feel the love for Ant-Man from the public like I did with other Marvel flicks. Seemed like many didn't go to see it. Which box-office says they didn't.

4thWallBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #30
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thWallBreaker View Post
Even though Ant-Man did well, I doubt there'll be a sequel for him. I see him working in the cast, along with Wasp, in The Avengers films, just no more solo stuff, I'd say.

I personally think a Wasp film with Ant-Man tagging along could be cool. But how do you not make it a retread of Ant-Man? How to entertain the audience with a shrinking hero again? Entertain those that loved it yet still felt it was a Iron Man-esque character and setup? I get a new story and a new villain will be peoples' answers, but me thinks audiences are just too superficial. Then again, superficiality gets butts in seats. I dunno. I just didn't feel the love for Ant-Man from the public like I did with other Marvel flicks. Seemed like many didn't go to see it. Which box-office says they didn't.
Ant-Man did well for an obscure character's first venture in live action on the big screen but hopefully a sequel with both Ant-Man & Wasp could improve on that to be even more successful.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:59 AM   #31
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
One of my favorite movies from the 1980s was Big Trouble In Little China. I remember reading a Wizard magazine some years back, which described the charm of the movie quite accurately: the main character of the movie is a sidekick who doesn't realize he's the sidekick.

I think this is the exact approach they should take with Ant-Man 2. Ant-Man gets top billing, because Rudd is bank, but the movie needs to make it clear that he's really the sidekick on this team; even in the first movie Hope can do everything with the suit far better than Scott can, without even getting to wear the suit at all. I think that can be a goldmine of humour and dramatic tension.
Good call. More recently "Edge of tomorrow" followed a similar idea. Blunt and Cruise characters could have been inter-changeable.
Call the sequel "Antman and Wasp". Get her name on the poster, and give her equal screen time. Make it more of a Bonnie and Clyde, super hero romance.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #32
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

I'd actually be on board with this. We know that Fox can use Taskmaster but I'm not sure if his rights are exclusive. MODOK is an Avengers level villain and if he's used in a solo, I'd rather it be Captain Marvel or Hulk to adapt the Lightning Storm or Fall of the Hulks stories (but preferably Avengers: Taking AIM). Egghead is really the only one left but he's not the most interesting villain.

Wasp has Whirlwind. There. A plot for a woman fending off her stalking ex-boyfriend. That's a story. It has a villain. He's not too obscure. Wasp actually would work for a spin-off and would be far better than an Ant-Man sequel.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:02 AM   #33
GingerNinja707
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Wasp Sequel Instead?

Looks like y'all were WRONG
Antman and the Wasp coming out next year.

GingerNinja707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 AM   #34
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerNinja707 View Post
Looks like y'all were WRONG
Antman and the Wasp coming out next year.
what was the point of your post? This comes 2 years too late and long after everyone has learned where they are going with the characters

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote