The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #76
dude stannis
Banned User

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I'm always here for awesome practical stunts, though. And yes, Mission: Impossible is BY FAR the superior "heist" franchise. I didn't know that was in question.
I think that's more something you'd hear in the general public than on the net, plus Furious 7 doing like double the MI:5 box office, despite being only half the quality film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
There was a basis in reality to begin with?
They drove in straight lines. I'll give them that.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:06 PM   #77
Blackman
C'mon Son

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Are the MI movies really heist movies. I mean I know all of them have a heist in them (it's actually really funny to me how all the MI films have almost the same script beat for beat just with some changes) but I wouldnt call them heist movies

Old 10-02-2016, 07:56 AM   #78
dude stannis
Banned User

It's why I used quotation marks. There's still a lot of planning and execution of the mission that you'd find in a heist movie.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:34 AM   #79
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I look forward to a new F&F movie because I want to see what kind of crazy **** they can come up with this time. I also like the character interactions within the main group.

Aziz
Old 10-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #80
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

I really don't understand why Friday the 13th Part V is so hated. Well...scratch that, I understand it somewhat with the fake Jason and whatnot, but I'll never understand why it's so universally hated. It's a solid film in the franchise, despite the lack of real Jason. It's honestly just as good as 3 or 4.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #81
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Yeah, it's a solid film, especially compared to the ****pile that is Jason Goes to Hell.

Aziz
Old 10-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #82
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
I look forward to a new F&F movie because I want to see what kind of crazy **** they can come up with this time. I also like the character interactions within the main group.
Same. I know F&F is dumb, but I eat that **** up. Sometimes stupid is what I need from a movie.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #83
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Yeah, it's a solid film, especially compared to the ****pile that is Jason Goes to Hell.
Did you dare insult the movie with a scene of a forensic doctor eating the beating heart of Jason Vorhees after soldiers blew his body to bits?

That is some funny $#%^.

YOUTUBE
Precious Delicious Pineapple Pizza

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #84
Ruth Fisher
Goddess Famke Janssen

Okay so I watched Thelma and Louise not long ago. It was too long. I am sorry Susan Sarandon

Old 10-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #85
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Nope, they speak their lines with the same deadly seriousness.

Also, IMO, hate for Judge Dredd '95 is so blown out of proportion. It's not that bad.
Yeah it's really cheesy fun but I'm a Stallone fan anyways so you have to expect some hits and misses, if you see The Nostalgia Critic's review it's so hysterical that it makes you appreciate the movie even more.

Sometimes I'll even watch Demolition Man and Judge Dredd back-to-back since they're so similar in a way.

"I AM DUH LAAWWWW!!!!"

A few of the Marvel Superheroes are somewhat niche characters that aren't extremely versatile, thus they don't have a lot of longevity potential. For example, Namor is a water guy, Silver Surfer is a space guy, Dr. Strange is a magic guy, and so on.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #86
dude stannis
Banned User

If it was a bit more overt in it's satire, and Sly kept the helmet on, I think it would be far more fondly remembered.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #87
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I actually think that Stallone during that period was GREAT casting for Dredd. The film though... lackluster.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #88
dude stannis
Banned User

Yeah, Sly could still be great as Dredd today. But it really should've been with Carpenter or Verhoeven.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:56 AM   #89
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I honestly still get that film mixed up with Demolition Man. I've seen them both more than once, but when I remember specific scenes I have a hard time recalling which one it was from.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 10-07-2016, 01:00 AM   #90
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I honestly still get that film mixed up with Demolition Man. I've seen them both more than once, but when I remember specific scenes I have a hard time recalling which one it was from.
It was Stallone's "I'm running from a fireball" phase.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 AM   #91
dude stannis
Banned User

I wouldn't call the 1980's until today a phase.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:24 AM   #92
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude stannis View Post
I wouldn't call the 1980's until today a phase.
CLIFFHANGER:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

DEMOLITION MAN:

JUDGE DREDD:

THE TUNNEL:

Old 10-07-2016, 01:26 AM   #93
dude stannis
Banned User

He does it in The Expendables as well. At this point it's a trademark.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:28 AM   #94
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude stannis View Post
He does it in The Expendables as well. At this point it's a trademark.
Worst one was the moment in the 95 Dredd. You could see the copious amounts of fire retardant gel they had placed on the back of Stallone in the shots.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:33 AM   #95
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

My unpopular film opinions:

1) the Toy Story films are massively overrated.

2) the Fantastic Four films (2005 and 2007) are actually pretty good.

3) Speed Racer was actually a clever satire about professional sports, combined with a classic hero's journey.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:01 PM   #96
batfreakforever
A real fan

The Terminator. Terminator 2 judgement day special edition and Terminator Genisys form a great Terminator trilogy.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #97
Blitzkrieg Bop
Fight Owens Fight

Logan? Seriously? That's that title?

Old 10-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #98
dude stannis
Banned User

I wish they'd gone with Weapon X or Old Man Logan.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #99
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Also, IMO, hate for Judge Dredd '95 is so blown out of proportion. It's not that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Yeah it's really cheesy fun but I'm a Stallone fan anyways so you have to expect some hits and misses, if you see The Nostalgia Critic's review it's so hysterical that it makes you appreciate the movie even more.

Sometimes I'll even watch Demolition Man and Judge Dredd back-to-back since they're so similar in a way.

"I AM DUH LAAWWWW!!!!"
Some people here speak my language.
I love this.

Quote:
Diane Lane is in Judge Dredd, Sandra Bullock is in Demolition Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
My unpopular film opinions:

2) the Fantastic Four films (2005 and 2007) are actually pretty good.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
The Terminator. Terminator 2 judgement day special edition and Terminator Genisys form a great Terminator trilogy.
Terminator series should have ended with Judgement Day.
Saying that one who loves Genisys, and never bothered with the middle sequels.

YOUTUBE
Precious Delicious Pineapple Pizza

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #100
Sawyer
High King

Like I said in that thread, Logan is significantly better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but yeah, considering the setting of the film, or at least how it appears, Old Man Logan has a much better ring to it.

Ideally, title-wise, the trilogy would've been...

Weapon X - Even if wasted on a s*** movie
Wolverine - with or without the "The"
Old Man Logan

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Closed Thread