The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #101
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thinking of the title, I now imagine finding a movie titled simply Logan, with zero attachment to the character with a healing factor or the mutant family.

YOUTUBE
Reek saved the Galaxy once, he slayed a giant snail

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #102
Blitzkrieg Bop
Fight Owens Fight

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think "Logan" would actually be a fine title for a comic book series, but it just doesn't work for a movie.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #103
dude stannis
the French guy won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Like I said in that thread, Logan is significantly better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but yeah, considering the setting of the film, or at least how it appears, Old Man Logan has a much better ring to it.

Ideally, title-wise, the trilogy would've been...

Weapon X - Even if wasted on a s*** movie
Wolverine - with or without the "The"
Old Man Logan
Yeah, Rise of the Genisis of the Dawn of the Rise: Origins type titles need to go **** themselves honestly. If they're going to add subtitles, do what Marvel do and just use the title of the storyline they're adapting. Days of Future Past, Winter Soldier, Civil War, you don't even need to be a comic nerd to look at those titles and easily get the gist of what you're about to watch.

We don't need your prayers.

A man has to be what he is, Reek. Can't break the mold. There's no living with what you've done. There's no going back. Right or wrong, it's a brand. A brand that sticks. Now you run on home to your mother... you tell her everything's alright. There are no more guns in the valley. RIP
Old 10-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #104
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Watching Batman Begins - I genuinely like Katie Holmes just as much as Gyllenhaal. Never understood the hate.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Old 10-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #105
DX
YES! YES! YES!

I do prefer Gyllenhaal as Rachel but I've never hated Katie Holmes either.

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
Old 10-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #106
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

^I'm with you guys, never hated Katie Holmes in the role.
To me, changing the actress for that role is akin to changing the actor playing Bruce Banner in the MCU, one fits one movie more, the other fits the subsequent movies more.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 AM   #107
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Leonardro DiCaprio is very deserving of the Oscar he earned for his performance in The Revenant, I completely disagree with anyone saying otherwise.

YOUTUBE

Old 10-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #108
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Re: The Revenant.

Being cold while you're actually cold, is acting like you're cold?
DiCaprio's performance in The Revenant was not much acting, but just him actually experiencing most of what he expresses.
I think he really deserved a long-time delayed Oscar, just not for this particular performance. At least he finally got it!.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #109
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Watching Batman Begins - I genuinely like Katie Holmes just as much as Gyllenhaal. Never understood the hate.
Thank you.

Never got that hate either.

I more dislike how she was written (literally just speech after speech it felt like) but I didn't mind the performance and I liked her in the role. Can't say which I liked better though

Here's one:
-I dont get the comparison between the Power Ranger's movie trailer and Chronicle and Fan4stic. Now I dont think PR will be good (which actually bums me out because I think there's potential in that franchise as a proper film series), but the comparisons are silly. It's something I feel a lot of the fanboy community does when they see very small similarities in movies and then automatically say: "Oh it's just like _______"
Again I dont think the movie will be good, but people saying it's too dark, not silly enough, or likee Fan4stic or Chronicle is just stupid to me

Last edited by Blackman; 10-12-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #110
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I never hated Katie Holmes as Rachel, either.

Aziz
Old 10-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #111
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post

DiCaprio's performance in The Revenant was not much acting, but just him actually experiencing most of what he expresses.
I think he really deserved a long-time delayed Oscar, just not for this particular performance. At least he finally got it!.
Experiencing the thing helps enhance the performance, feeling the weather while also acting to be mauled by a bear and pretending his esophagus was cut, crawling, being hunted.....
He deserved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
I never hated Katie Holmes as Rachel, either.

YOUTUBE

Old 10-12-2016, 07:40 AM   #112
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Thank you.

I more dislike how she was written (literally just speech after speech it felt like) but I didn't mind the performance and I liked her in the role. Can't say which I liked better though
Exactly, she was written as a wet blanket which didn't help her case any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post

Agreed, he's given better performances and I'd argue that Tom Hardy outshone him in that movie. It was long overdue and I'm happy he finally won, just not for that particular role. I remember seeing an Onion article titled "Leonardo Dicaprio hopes he screamed and cried good enough in The Revenant to win the Oscar".

Homecoming - 7.7.2017

Last edited by Flint Marko; 10-12-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:54 AM   #113
TeeKay
Side-Kick

He deserved an Oscar for Wolf of Wall Street though.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #114
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Yeah. Although maybe not Oscar-worthy, I think he did a marvelous job in Catch Me If You Can.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #115
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Calvin Candie was a hilariously dark character that should have gotten him a best supporting.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #116
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Calvin Candie was a hilariously dark character that should have gotten him a best supporting.
Yes. I couldn't believe he wasn't even nominated for that performance.

Also, regarding the Logan thing... it's a bit of an odd choice. I wouldn't be surprised if they change it up at the last minute and call it X-Men Conclusions: Logan, AKA The Wolverine.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #117
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

I think Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy have both given much more Oscar-worthy performances than The Revenant.

Hardy should have been nominated for Legend instead of The Revenant.

And he should have been nominated for Bronson and Warrior. Bronson at the very least.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #118
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I think Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy have both given much more Oscar-worthy performances than The Revenant.

Hardy should have been nominated for Legend instead of The Revenant.

And he should have been nominated for Bronson and Warrior. Bronson at the very least.
While I defend Leonardo DiCaprio earning that well deserved Oscar, Tom Hardy being an Oscar nominee for his role in The Revenant is overrating his role, he was certainly more deserving for his work on Warrior (I have no comment on Bronson), and even Bane in The Dark Knight Rises is more deserving of an Oscar than John Fitzgerald.

YOUTUBE

Old 10-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #119
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Bane is like one of the least noteworthy roles Hardy has played in the last decade.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:50 AM   #120
Bats123
Master Chief

Angry Birds is the best game to movie adaptation.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #121
NotSoLongAgo
#spidermansolit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bats123 View Post
Angry Birds is the best game to movie adaptation.
I concur

Old 10-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #122
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

I never had a problem with Katie Holmes in BB either.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #123
Doctor Jones
No One

I thought Katie Holmes was a pretty believable young assistant D.A. who was determined and even over her head. She was most likely stunt casting by the studio, but I would have liked to see her in TDK. She wasn't bad, but she wasn't great (Maggie was better) Though the fact that that new casting doesn't get brought up or complained about is kind of telling about the impression she gave ultimately.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #124
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

I didn't think either Holmes or Gyllenhaal was very good.

Though I also think the character itself is kind of unnecessary and superfluous.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #125
DOBSON10
Custom User Title

Even though Gyllenhaal is a better actress in general, I thought Holmes played the role better to be honest. Never understood the hate either.

Favorite Marvel Superhero's:
1. Wolverine 2. Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 4. Deadpool 5. Punisher
Closed Thread