The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old 05-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #451
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Anyone here watch Agents of SHIELD? I don't want to post this to the AoS sub-forum because I don't want to get into an argument but why does everyone praising AoS this season merely because it's divided into 3 pods? Like, didn't Gotham do the exact same thing last year with the first half dealing with the Galavants and the second half dealing with Hugo Strange? And even AoS last year had 2 halves with 2 separate plot lines? (first one was some government agency containing inhumans + blue planet and second one was Squid! Ward?, excuse me of 4 seasons I just watched 3A and the 3rd pod of 4th season so I don't remember it clearly)

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #452
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbridge View Post
Anyone here watch Agents of SHIELD? I don't want to post this to the AoS sub-forum because I don't want to get into an argument but why does everyone praising AoS this season merely because it's divided into 3 pods? Like, didn't Gotham do the exact same thing last year with the first half dealing with the Galavants and the second half dealing with Hugo Strange? And even AoS last year had 2 halves with 2 separate plot lines? (first one was some government agency containing inhumans + blue planet and second one was Squid! Ward?, excuse me of 4 seasons I just watched 3A and the 3rd pod of 4th season so I don't remember it clearly)
dont like agents of shield.i give show a few chances in seasons 1 and 2 to win me over.it failed miserbly.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #453
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Gotham being moved to Thursday is more of the same, Fox always putting it in against the fiercest competition.

Thursday has weaker football and more female-skewing shows.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #454
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Yeah, I'm not so sure a Thursday move will work out entirely for the best.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #455
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Orville may be DOA but I don't see why Gotham would necessarily do any worse.

Will & Grace and Grey's Anatomy are two of the most heavily female-skewing shows on the list and Gotham skews heavily young male.

Gotham has aired versus TBBT many times and never seemed to take a beating from it.

Monday football is less of a threat than Thursday football.

Also w.r.t. Orville, like I said, it may be dead, but why would "This Is Us" kill it with its 67% female skew when all Seth's shows skew hard male?

Old 05-15-2017, 11:05 PM   #456
Kathemy
It could happen to you

I made a gifset.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Kathemy; 05-15-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Kathemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #457
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

I have been enjoying the development of all of the villains. While I like David as Bruce. I wish he was a few years older and a bit bigger. Thus this show would be the perfect setup for year one. I just can't see the show lasting another 3-4 yrs for David to age and size up. Also, I really don't like the idea of the villains all being 10-15yrs older than Bruce.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #458
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Save for maybe one or two. The kid who plays Jonathan Crane wasn't that much older than Bruce or Selina.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #459
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

There's also Jerome who's presumably still 18.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #460
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Although recasting Ivy has now made her much older since Maggie Geha is in her late 20s, while David Mazouz and Camren Bicondova are in their late teens. Whereas Clare Foley was always younger than both of them.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #461
Kathemy
It could happen to you

I can't believe I'm defending the Ivy recast in any way but when Poison Ivy gets her powers she stops aging.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #462
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathemy View Post
I'm certain they will (as in I'm certain she won't die.) I... hope they won't make her into a caricature.

To clarify, the Riddler is a character that's shifted over the seasons from "Hollywood naturalist" acting to"eccentric theatre" acting. I'm not sure Camren is competent to make that shift. No sleight to her, I love her, but she's got almost no acting experience apart from Gotham.
Well looks like they aren't going to go full carny mode, which I think is wise, Camren is a talented young actress but best suited to a more traditional Selina.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #463
Pinkflowerheart

Quote:
Orville may be DOA but I don't see why Gotham would necessarily do any worse.

Will & Grace and Grey's Anatomy are two of the most heavily female-skewing shows on the list and Gotham skews heavily young male.

Gotham has aired versus TBBT many times and never seemed to take a beating from it.

Monday football is less of a threat than Thursday football.

Also w.r.t. Orville, like I said, it may be dead, but why would "This Is Us" kill it with its 67% female skew when all Seth's shows skew hard male?
I think you are in the vocal minority who think Gotham will succeed. I for one think Gotham was thrown under the bus. Its been given a death slot where I think it will probably die next season. Its a shame because I wanted more seasons after season 4. If it has stayed on Monday I think that it would have gotten more seasons. It has been thrown to the wolves. I am not the only person thinks this because every site I go to about Gotham's new schedule its not pretty. Everybody thinks that season 4 will be its last. I applaud your positive energy but that is not going to get Gotham more seasons. Basically Fox does not care for this show.

Pinkflowerheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #464
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkflowerheart View Post
I think you are in the vocal minority who think Gotham will succeed. I for one think Gotham was thrown under the bus. Its been given a death slot where I think it will probably die next season.
You're being hysterical.

Will Gotham be cancelled next season? Sure, it might be. It might be no matter the time slot. Thursday 8PM is not a death slot. It's what Fox recognizes as the most competitive slot of the week.

Thursday Night Football has lower ratings than Monday Night Football. Gotham is moving out of football competition. Gotham will compete with The Big Bang Theory in late Fall. A juggernaut for sure but it's done it before with no ill effects. Apart from that you have Will & Grace, Great News and Grey's Anatomy. Will & Grace and Grey's are extremely female-skewing. Fox programs Gotham in this slot because it's got a male audience. Great News just posted a 0.6 rating.

This is no death slot. Who made you think that? What were their arguments?

Last edited by Kathemy; 05-17-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Kathemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #465
Pinkflowerheart

Quote:
You're being hysterical.

Will Gotham be cancelled next season? Sure, it might be. It might be no matter the time slot. Thursday 8PM is not a death slot. It's what Fox recognizes as the most competitive slot of the week.

Thursday Night Football has lower ratings than Monday Night Football. Gotham is moving out of football competition. Gotham will compete with The Big Bang Theory in late Fall. A juggernaut for sure but it's done it before with no ill effects. Apart from that you have Will & Grace, Great News and Grey's Anatomy. Will & Grace and Grey's are extremely female-skewing. Fox programs Gotham in this slot because it's got a male audience. Great News just posted a 0.6 rating.

This is no death slot. Who made you think that? What were their arguments?
I just keep seeing people saying it will probably die next season. All over the internet. Its the competition. People think its too weak. I hate this move. Also when it competed again Big Bang Theory wasn't it repeats? All I know is that I don't like this move. Its a more competitive slot. Your in the vocal minority who think Gotham will do well.

Pinkflowerheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #466
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkflowerheart View Post
Also when it competed again Big Bang Theory wasn't it repeats?
No, it wasn't.

Read up.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #467
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

I begin to Wonder what we will see in Season 4 , but i believe to Read on Twitter that Bruce will begin to Evolve into Batman

Old 05-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #468
Sawyer
High King

Hello, my name is Sawyer, and I need Alexander Siddig as Ra's right away please.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:08 PM   #469
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Hello, my name is Sawyer, and I need Alexander Siddig as Ra's right away please.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #470
terry78
Will you shut up?!

If Bruce had been the one to take that step in this episode there would be no way he could become Batman after that.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #471
Guts
My love for you

Its too bad we had the Ra's Al Ghul meeting spoiled for us already.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Alfred is pissed and Bruce and Ra's are happy.

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:16 AM   #472
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post

Wait, did I just see Selina with a whip? Freaking awesome!

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:45 AM   #473
PyroChamber
Not lactose, it's milk!

Looks like she wearing a very Catwoman-like outfit.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #474
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Looks like she wearing a very Catwoman-like outfit.
yep.which makes me very happy

Old 05-30-2017, 12:01 PM   #475
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Really excited to see Ra's appear next week! Hope he's the main antagonist of S4, which he probably will! Also hope Solomon Grundy will appear in the season finale, since the producers have hyped him up since the beginning of S3.

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote