Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Old 07-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #803
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

I'm hoping we get to see some new pairings this season as far as screentime.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:27 PM   #804
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
How many times has that Police HQ been wrecked now?
Almost as many times as the highly secured Star Labs building in Central City

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #805
Grommers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Man, that hits the feels.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #806
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 07-25-2017, 10:45 PM   #807
DOBSON10
Custom User Title

Decided to catch up with this show, I had given up because it had become a mess the last couple seasons but Green Arrow is one of my favorite characters, I ran out of Comic Book movies to watch (or re-watch) and I read here that it had improved a bit.

This season was definitely alot better, mostly on the strength of the villain. I'd say Prometheus/Adrian Chase was the best villain of the show so far, narrowly edging out Slade Wilson because his plan was better written. Wilson was very good but some of his plot/motivations were silly, where as Chase was mostly competently written.

This show still has tons of flaws but it was easier to overlook them this season because overall it was better and there was basically no horrible CW romances dragging it down.

Stephen Amell will never be a great actor but I feel like he stepped it up a notch this season for the most part. Josh Segarra was good. The new Dinah is good, though the entire reason for introducing the character is because they ruined the original character beyond repair. (Looking back, the fact that they called her Laurel instead of Dinah from the beginning should have been a sign they didn't know what the hell they were doing with the character from the start.) This new Dinah's introduction was incredibly contrived... Hey guys, there just happens to be a chick vigilante who also has the Canary cry hanging out a few Cities over, let's pick her, oh and also her names not really Tiffany, what a coincidence her name is Dinah! Of course that's after we add in this line from Laurel's death scene where she asks Oliver to find a new Canary. The entire thing was just... dumb.

Never been a fan of Felicity or Diggle. I finally warmed up to Diggle alittle bit this season, but mostly because Felicity & the recruits are so awful it makes him look amazing in comparison. Wild Dog was OK at times, but again, only because Curtis, Felicity, Evelyn and Rory are so terrible that he looks good in comparison. Felicity and Curtis are just flat out annoying characters. We already know Diggle, Felicity, Curtis and Rene are back for next season but I wish they would have left them on the Island.

"Team Arrow" has expanded too much. It's hurting the show trying to split time between so many characters. I will always wish they would have branched off with just Oliver, Dinah (Laurel) and Roy and dumped Diggle/Felicity. Diggle's not so bad but Felicity is a just slightly less annoying Chloe Sullivan and they were both created as crappy Oracle/Barbara Gordon knock offs. But Diggle/Felicity have always been unnecessary characters that are always giving Oliver advice/questioning his decisions and half of Oliver's decisions are made because of some speech one of them gave him instead of him being his own man and being competent on his own. This should have been Oliver's role with Roy and possibly Thea. It's been one of my biggest problems with the show from the start, it takes away from the character of Oliver/Green Arrow, making him too dependent on them. Not to mention these two original characters created for the show, that aren't really interesting and are mostly annoying pushed out Dinah and Roy, actual characters from the comics that they could have done so much more with and made Oliver the competent, independent character that he should be.

Read through this thread before my post and saw that they're bringing the Oliver/Felicity romance back... Even though this season was an improvement, I don't think I can sit through more of that so I'll do what I did this past season, wait until it's over, read this board and then decide if it's worth picking back up.

This season was better, but again, almost entirely due to Prometheus. Almost everything that didn't involve him was still pretty weak or just down right bad. At least it was watchable and had some good moments this season though. Sorry for the mostly negative post guys, I want to love this show because I like the characters from the comics but man, so much wasted potential from the Producers and terrible writing goes on that's it's basically impossible not to pick it apart.

Favorite Marvel Superhero's:
1. Wolverine 2. Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 4. Deadpool 5. Punisher

Last edited by DOBSON10; 07-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.
DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #808
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBSON10 View Post
This season was better, but again, almost entirely due to Prometheus. Almost everything that didn't involve him was still pretty weak or just down right bad.
Almost is right. The best ep this season was from that alien invasion arc.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:37 PM   #809
DOBSON10
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Almost is right. The best ep this season was from that alien invasion arc.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that, that was my least favorite episode by far. If I had it to do over I would have skipped that episode entirely because it didn't effect the main arch at all. The whole episode was just silly to me, no offense.

Favorite Marvel Superhero's:
1. Wolverine 2. Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 4. Deadpool 5. Punisher
DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #810
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
You can say what you want about the guy's acting skills, but he sure got his heart in the right place.
I really like how he uses his fame in order to raise money to different charities.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #811
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!

Stephen is the best dude! He has the warmest heart.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #812
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

I honestly don't get the complaints about his acting abilities, either. He conveys emotions very well, often nonverbally (in fitting with Oliver's character).

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:45 PM   #813
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Arrow View Post
I honestly don't get the complaints about his acting abilities, either. He conveys emotions very well, often nonverbally (in fitting with Oliver's character).
It's just the nerd boys that don't like anything on the CW. Plus the Marvel trolls that think Netflix is God's gift to Earth. Everyone else is just fine with the acting on all the CW shows.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:13 PM   #814
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Looks like Thea may have had it hardest after the island blew up.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #815
architech01
New User - Level 0

Thanks for sharing this helpful information. This information helpful for me.

The Cheesy Animation

architech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:34 PM   #816
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!

Quote:
He's great at what he does. He wants the best show and says what's on his mind when the show is going away from what made it so great. I wish Grant Gustin was more honest like Stephen (he was a little bit on S3 with the heavy drama), too bad because of politics and the westallen bullies he can't be more public or they will attack him. As far as Stephen's acting goes, he wants the show to have great moments and action scenes. He's very committed, his acting is just fine.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #817
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

arrow will have special airing on monday as part of 4 show crossover in november!
http://tvline.com/2017/08/02/arrow-f...november-2017/

Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #818
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

More info on the next cross-over. Arrow gets moved to Monday, after Supergirl, for that one night
Quote:
The CW has set Nov. 27 and 28 for the annual crossover event involving its DC Comics shows. “Arrow” will move out of its regular Thursday home to 9 p.m. Monday on Nov. 27, following “Supergirl.”
The crossover will wrap up the following night with “The Flash” and “Legends of Tomorrow.”
“We felt in this particular case we had ‘Flash’ and ‘Legends’paired. It would be better and tighter to do it like a [four]-hour miniseries,” CW president Mark Pedowitz told reporters Wednesday at the summer TV press tour.
“We thought this was the best way to go. We had a lot of conversations with producers and marketing people. Next year, we might go back to four nights.”
Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) was a part of last season’s crossover, but “Supergirl” the show didn’t carry much of the story. Pedowitz says this season’s story will be different: “It will be a full, four-episode crossover.”
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...late-november/

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #819
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
He's great at what he does. He wants the best show and says what's on his mind when the show is going away from what made it so great. I wish Grant Gustin was more honest like Stephen (he was a little bit on S3 with the heavy drama), too bad because of politics and the westallen bullies he can't be more public or they will attack him. As far as Stephen's acting goes, he wants the show to have great moments and action scenes. He's very committed, his acting is just fine.
It's also good to have a dude that can really do the action scenes (unlike current Steven Seagal for example).

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #820
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

So apparently, the producers are saying that romance will play a big part of this year's crossover.

Ugh, why do I suddenly picture them doing weddings or relationship drama on all four shows at the same time (Oliver and Felicity, Alex and Maggie, Barry & Iris, and possibly Sara and some female character)?

I think I'm going to barf.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #821
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

There will most likely be a (Olicity) wedding.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:58 PM   #822
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

I get that following up from an Alien invasion is very difficult, but is focusing on the romance really a smart idea? I mean they have access to all of these characters and yet th3 best that they can do is focu on romance?

Old 08-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #823
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

there will be olicity and wa weddings.i don't mind olicity but wa just makes me want to cringe.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #824
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
there will be olicity and wa weddings.i don't mind olicity but wa just makes me want to cringe.
I don't understand the dislike of Westallen. I love them.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #825
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't understand the dislike of Westallen. I love them.
well if some can dislike olicity some of us can dislike wa.