The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 03-31-2017, 06:07 PM   #76
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The best live action Batman is Charlie Cox

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #77
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Von Zombie View Post
The best live action Batman is Charlie Cox

I actually think Stephen Amell still has the best Batman scowl voice.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #78
James
Built from Lego

I tried watching Equilibrium again recently and boy howdy, it is not good. I had fond memories of the film from my late teen years but the passage of time was far too kind. Barely made thirty minutes before I quit out.

Speaking of movies I stopped watching well before the credits rolled: Finding Dory. I'm not sure where this one sits on the ol' fandom opinion meter, but after 40 minutes I legitimately thought it was near the end. Realizing I had over an hour still to go, I skipped ahead to the climax.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #79
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Speaking of movies I stopped watching well before the credits rolled: Finding Dory. I'm not sure where this one sits on the ol' fandom opinion meter, but after 40 minutes I legitimately thought it was near the end. Realizing I had over an hour still to go, I skipped ahead to the climax.
I bought into the Pixar is officially back when they made that one.
No other flick since 2010 made think they had gotten over this "creative dry spell".

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 03-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #80
Drizzle
Ah, Goldblum, ah, Smash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
I bought into the Pixar is officially back when they made that one.
No other flick since 2010 made think they had gotten over this "creative dry spell".
You didn't like Inside Out?

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:58 PM   #81
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
You didn't like Inside Out?
Not as much as everyone else seem to
and not enough to warrant Pixar is back on top of its game.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 03-31-2017, 09:02 PM   #82
Drizzle
Ah, Goldblum, ah, Smash.

Quote:
Not as much as everyone else seem to
and not enough to warrant Pixar is back on top of its game.
I thought Inside Out was a return to form for them as well as their best film since Toy Story 3. But I'll admit, The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory were a step back.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:03 PM   #83
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
I thought Inside Out was a return to form for them as well as their best film since Toy Story 3. But I'll admit, The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory were a step back.
The latter is certainly an unpopular one. Most emotional animated sequel, imo.
I couldn't finish The Good Dinosaur.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 04-01-2017, 01:51 AM   #84
James
Built from Lego

I liked Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur, but I can see why the latter wasn't so popular. I'm of the opinion that Pixar's relative lack of magic compared to their earlier films is due almost entirely to their meddling Disney overlords.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:07 AM   #85
Drizzle
Ah, Goldblum, ah, Smash.

Quote:
I liked Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur, but I can see why the latter wasn't so popular. I'm of the opinion that Pixar's relative lack of magic compared to their earlier films is due almost entirely to their meddling Disney overlords.
Yeah, the comparison of their output vs. Disney animation last decade to this decade is without question. Pixar was king in the '00s. Even as mediocre as "Cars" was, I'd still rather watch that than some of the stuff Disney animation was churning out back then like "Meet the Robinsons" or "Bolt".

Old 04-01-2017, 12:35 PM   #86
James
Built from Lego

Bolt was terrible. But Drizz, I'm surprised about Meet The Robinsons, I really like that movie.

I think if Pixar had been able to remain an independent studio they wouldn't be churning out junk like Cars 2 and whatever else. Although I guess 7 billion dollars is a lot of money to turn down.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #87
2kt09
Here 'N' There

They're in the sequel and overt imitation game like everyone else.
I'd give the slight edge to Disney, nowadays, but both studios were far better off
creatively in the 2000s.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 04-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #88
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

I sat through Antoine Fuqua's The Magnificent Seven, and it's ok. The gun fight in the end of the first hour is good, it's a fun spectacle to watch, but I didn't feel it a creative battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
Alfred should have served Bruce vichyssoise in Batman & Robin instead of Batman Returns.
How will he cancel the pizzas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynplaine View Post
Alfred should have served Bruce Gazpacho because it's a better cold soup imo.
Cool, more soup info.

Quote:
I tried watching Equilibrium again recently and boy howdy, it is not good. I had fond memories of the film from my late teen years but the passage of time was far too kind. Barely made thirty minutes before I quit out.
Took me a minute to remember that Christian Bale movie from the director of.... ummm... what's the name of that movie starring Milla Jovovic that is not a Resident Evil?

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #89
Guts
My love for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
How will he cancel the pizzas?
A cold soup such as vichyssoise or gazpacho would have been great in Batman & Robin. These two scenes would go so well together.

Guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #90
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post

Took me a minute to remember that Christian Bale movie from the director of.... ummm... what's the name of that movie starring Milla Jovovic that is not a Resident Evil?
The Fifth Element ...?

That was Luc Beeson, but he didn't direct Equilibrium. Unless you're talking about another Milla Jovovic film.

*Googles*

Oh wait, you mean Ultraviolet. I think, if I remember correctly, I stopped watching that right around the time the black woman was revealed to have monkey feet.

Also, though this is not Unpopular, I love The Fifth Element.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #91
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Ultraviolet. I think, if I remember correctly, I stopped watching that right around the time the black woman was revealed to have monkey feet.
That's from Aeon Flux.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 04-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #92
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

Edit.

Last edited by gwynplaine; 04-01-2017 at 08:46 PM.
gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:50 PM   #93
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
That's from Aeon Flux.
Ohh, you are correct. I don't think I ever saw Ultraviolet. I'm sure it's at least as terrible as Aeon Flux though.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #94
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Ohh, you are correct. I don't think I ever saw Ultraviolet. I'm sure it's at least as terrible as Aeon Flux though.
I vaguely remember them based on the actress and maybe some shot within the movie that makes me go yeah, that's the one.

The one I recall the most of these types of flicks had Rhona Mitra with one cybernatic eye facing off some post apoco rejects as she's headed toward this walled city trying to contain a virus or find some cure, eventually do some sick car stunts with this Bentley. Wiki says it's Mad Max, Escape from NY, and 28 Days Later...thrown in a blender no doubt.
Only catch was I didn't remember the movie's name until recently.

Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 04-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #95
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
I vaguely remember them based on the actress and maybe some shot within the movie that makes me go yeah, that's the one.

The one I recall the most of these types of flicks had Rhona Mitra with one cybernatic eye facing off some post apoco rejects as she's headed toward this walled city trying to contain a virus or find some cure, eventually do some sick car stunts with this Bentley. Wiki says it's Mad Max, Escape from NY, and 28 Days Later...thrown in a blender no doubt.
Only catch was I didn't remember the movie's name until recently.
Doomsday ?

Damn! I haven't thought about that movie in years. Heck, the description on IMDB is so damn generic I can't even remember if I've seen it or not. It sounds so vague and familiar even if I haven't seen Doomsday, I kind of have, if that makes sense.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:47 AM   #96
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
A cold soup such as vichyssoise or gazpacho would have been great in Batman & Robin. These two scenes would go so well together.

I thought of this mix watching B&R again recently.

Quote:
The Fifth Element ...?

That was Luc Beeson, but he didn't direct Equilibrium. Unless you're talking about another Milla Jovovic film.

*Googles*

Oh wait, you mean Ultraviolet. I think, if I remember correctly, I stopped watching that right around the time the black woman was revealed to have monkey feet.

Also, though this is not Unpopular, I love The Fifth Element.
Monkey feet made me laugh.
I don't want to wonder anymore, I'll try to ignore that movie as long as I live.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #97
James
Built from Lego

I wish I'd have been able to see Split without hearing all the hype around it first. My opinion on the film might have been a lot more positive, but as it stands I thought it was barely average. Split isn't without it's strengths, it certainly has almost entirely excellent performances, but over all it was a pretty a underwhelming movie. And the final twist ending (whatever) did nothing for me.

Of course it's hard to tell, maybe I'd still have the same opinion if I hadn't seen so much excitement around it. Nonetheless, I doubt I'll ever watch Split again.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #98
shauner111
Side-Kick

Heard the hype surrounding split and still enjoyed the hell out of it. I literally screamed when the "twist" happened.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #99
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Heard the hype surrounding split and still enjoyed the hell out of it. I literally screamed when the "twist" happened.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I watched Unbreakable a few weeks ago, and didn't like it at all. I remember not being a fan when it first came out and thought my opinion might change all these years later. If anything I like Unbreakable even less now than I did back then. I think this probably had a lot to do with how the twist in Split effected me (or didn't). That being said, I can definitely see how a reveal like that, after so long, would be pretty darn cool if I was a fan.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #100
dude stannis
the French guy won

Even though the films themselves aren't that good, I actually think The Expendables feel more like a real family than Dominic Toretto's crew.

We don't need your prayers.

A man has to be what he is, Reek. Can't break the mold. There's no living with what you've done. There's no going back. Right or wrong, it's a brand. A brand that sticks. Now you run on home to your mother... you tell her everything's alright. There are no more guns in the valley. RIP
dude stannis is offline   Reply With Quote