Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 09-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #651
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Totally in for this one....
Uh, same here. In fact Midvale gives me a feeling it could be one of the best episodes this season.

Andrew Breitbart, internet journalism pioneer (1969-2012)
Robert_Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #652
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I have a feeling we may be getting a whole new intro.....since nothing new for the suit, then they can do a new intro to make those that need change happy.
I'm certainly crossing my fingers for a new intro. I was happy we got a new one in the S2 premiere, but then they went right back to the old one (just with new shots including Superman) immediately after that ep, lol.

I'll be honest, I kinda hate all the Berlanti show voice-over intros. They're all pretty cringey to me.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #653
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

I think it is about time to get rid of the intro all together. Made sense in S1 since it was brand new, made sense in S2 since it was rebranded for CW but now it's time to move on from it sans premieres and short episodes.

Quote:
I have a feeling we may be getting a whole new intro.....since nothing new for the suit, then they can do a new intro to make those that need change happy.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #654
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I'll be honest, I kinda hate all the Berlanti show voice-over intros. They're all pretty cringey to me.
I agree with this about 1000%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I think it is about time to get rid of the intro all together.
Well, the awkward delivery of an over-explained intro - punctuated with “I am [insert hero name]!” - seems to be a Berlanti/DC trademark. (I’m expecting one for Black Lightning.) So I’d be shocked if the intro narration was ditched altogether for Supergirl.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:25 AM   #655
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
I'm certainly crossing my fingers for a new intro. I was happy we got a new one in the S2 premiere, but then they went right back to the old one (just with new shots including Superman) immediately after that ep, lol.

Well instead of a voice-over intro, they should bring back theme music and opening credits to a TV series. I preferred them back in the day (and some shows still do that) and it made the TV theme much more iconic. Supergirl has a great theme too but we don't get to hear it enough. Just have that theme playing with images from her leaving Krypton and other various adventures.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #656
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

I do miss opening credits.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #657
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I think it is about time to get rid of the intro all together. Made sense in S1 since it was brand new, made sense in S2 since it was rebranded for CW but now it's time to move on from it sans premieres and short episodes.

No shade thrown......

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #658
Nia
Side-Kick

Quote:
Outside of the “Midvale” episode, are we going to see a bigger focus on the Danvers sisters this season on Supergirl? — Cheyenne
When I pressed EP Andrew Kreisberg on whether more of the Supergirl characters would get to take part in the upcoming four-way crossover event, he dropped quite a tease. “Kara and Alex are at the center of it through all four hours,” Kreisberg says. “One of the things we’ve been doing a lot this season is getting back to season 1 and really making it Danvers sisters-centric, so a lot of what’s going on this season is Kara and Alex doing things in tandem, and the crossover won’t be any different.”
http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/spoiler-...row-good-place

Nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #659
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Gosh dang it, ya beat me to it.....

Let me just say that is a "hell yes" with a side of "YES"........

ALSO, in the news....... Episode 5 has a title change..... it is not longer called "Two Rings" it is now called "Damage".....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #660
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

This crossover's already sounding much better than last year's. It'll be fun to finally see Chyler get to interact with the other casts.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:54 PM   #661
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

How much you wanna bet Alex/Sara gonna get their flirt on?

Old 09-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #662
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

I can imagine that if Alex and Maggie broke up that Alex would pursue Sara instead.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #663
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
How much you wanna bet Alex/Sara gonna get their flirt on?
Well Sara most certainly will. I was honestly surprised she didn't flirt with Kara in the first one, lol. Whether or not Alex reciprocates will probably depend on her relationship status with Maggie at that stage. She seems more likely to be flustered by it than anything.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #664
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Oh yah if Sara doesn't flirt with Alex I'll be very disappointed. Alex's reaction is of course to be determined. Even if it goes no further than harmless flirtation Alex may be surprised at her own reaction. How cool would it be to have a sparring turned flirting scene with Alex and Sara. As fighters they are both badass and I honesty have no idea who would win.

Brierrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #665
herolee10
No More Miracles

I really do hope that the show does go back to its roots and places more emphasis on the sisterly bond between Kara and Alex.

Scenes like this (from last season) really shows why their relationship is undoubtedly the heart of the show.

Granted, I haven't fully gotten over my issues with how they treated Superman last season, but if they could avoid using him from now on and focused more on Kara's relationship with her sister Alex, as opposed to the numerous romantic pairings on this show, then I might just come back to watch the entire season again.

Quote:
Well Sara most certainly will. I was honestly surprised she didn't flirt with Kara in the first one, lol. Whether or not Alex reciprocates will probably depend on her relationship status with Maggie at that stage. She seems more likely to be flustered by it than anything.
Personally, I hope that they don't add Alex to Sara's list of numerous women that she's made out with.

Well that, and I hope that they don't make this into a running gag for the entire crossover.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #666
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I like the sound of more of Kara and Chyler Danvers as the focus of the series.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #667
X Knight
Watchful Protector

hopefully with the new recast younger Kara, they make her hair BLONDE in the flashbacks.

that always bugged me about the original younger Kara - her hair tone was too much of a brunette.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:57 PM   #668
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I could see them putting in blond highlights and that would be fine.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 09-09-2017, 09:00 PM   #669
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

They made Allura and Zor-El into brunettes so it's a little weird that Kara would seemingly become a bottle blonde. Funnyingly enough...they did the complete opposite with Lara & Jor-El on Smallville.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #670
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Well at least the guy who plays Zor-El USED to be blonde-ish, lol.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #671
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Oh for Rao’s sake here we go with the hair color debate again. I am going to attempt to end the hair color debate once and for all. Hair is not the same as skin or other organs it’s an organized unit of tissue with living and non-living components. Even a Kryptonians hair isn’t as strong as the rest of their body. In S2E3 “welcome to earth” Kara talked about getting a blowout. That implies that the heat and air velocity of a blow-dryer along with a brush are able to style her hair. Taking that a step further let’s assume in this continuity Kara and Clark can to get haircuts almost like humans. The stylist or barber has a dull pair of scissors that need sharpening after cutting their hair but it can be cut. Given that let’s assume in this continuity that GASP Kara Zor-El is not a natural blond. When she first came to Earth her hair was light brown as seen is season one flashbacks and it got darker as she got older as we will see in season three young Kara. Some time in her late teens or very early twenties because she wanted to she started getting blond highlights. The amount of bleach necessary to give Kara the lovely highlights we see on Melissa may be enough to completely strip the color from a human’s hair but it does work. Now can we please stop with the hair color debate?

Last edited by Brierrose; 09-09-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #672
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierrose View Post
Oh for Rao’s sake here we go with the hair color debate again. I am going to attempt to end the hair color debate once and for all. Hair is not the same as skin or other organs it’s an organized unit of tissue with living and non-living components. Even a Kryptonians hair isn’t as strong as the rest of their body. In S2E3 “welcome to earth” Kara talked about getting a blowout. That implies that the heat and air velocity of a blow-dryer along with a brush are able to style her hair. Taking that a step further let’s assume in this continuity Kara and Clark can to get haircuts almost like humans. The stylist or barber has a dull pair of scissors that need sharpening after cutting their hair but it can be cut. Given that let’s assume in this continuity that GASP Kara Zor-El is not a natural blond. When she first came to Earth her hair was light brown as seen is season one flashbacks and it got darker as she got older as we will see in season three young Kara. Some time in her late teens or very early twenties because she wanted to she started getting blond highlights. The amount of bleach necessary to give Kara the lovely highlights we see on Melissa may be enough to completely strip the color from a human’s hair but it does work. Now can we please stop with the hair color debate?
nope.

this is a fictional character we are talking about. Whoever created her gave her a specific hair color, and she has been consistently portrayed with that hair color throughout the years, across various media.

now, the actual tone/shade of said hair color can vary. but Kara is and should be a blonde - a natural blonde.

she is not a brunette who dyed her hair blonde or got blonde highlights. Kara Zor-El is blonde.

just like Clark Kent is a brunette/dark hair. he is not a natural blonde who dyes his hair black or whose hair gets darker as he grows up in the Sun.

if you are going to adapt these characters, try to get their key physical traits right.

and yes, I am aware Barry Allen is a brunette on his show when he's supposed to be blonde in the comics. and yes, that bugs me on some level, too.

I'm sorry. I'm one of those people who are sticklers for details.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #673
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierrose View Post
tl:dr but no, we can't.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:20 PM   #674
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

LOL, it's not this serious.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:36 PM   #675
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL, it's not this serious.
LOL I know it's not serious but I had fun goading the guys. I think it's funny that it seem to be the men who are obsessed with Kara being blond while the women are like whatever.