The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #226
IAmAsgardian
Point Break

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
The trailer will 100% be attached to Star Wars if not released shortly before. They're not missing that boat, it's just a matter of time now. 1 month or less before we get our first look at Infinity War!

Old 11-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #227
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio -

It's not that it's so long, but that we want it so badly that makes this so hard.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #228
KaijuDude1992
Side-Kick

I'm still holding out hope that it's coming next week, but nothing has been confirmed yet so who knows. I think all we do know is that it will be here sometime within the next 30 days lol.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #229
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

*fingers crossed*

Old 11-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #230
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overman27pj View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Also they showed Thor in trailers with both eyes, but in Ragnarok...
Effects magic they were not going to spoil the movie for people 3-4months ahead of time. Even though it was an exclusive trailer you still can't spoil a big thing like that. The Ragnarok trailers also blocked it out so yeah and the teaser for Ragnarok came out before the IWs con trailer so they really couldn't show it.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #231
Iceman
Infinity War!

Got plenty to keep me busy this month so hopefully it will just come out of the blue and surprise me when I'm not expecting it.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #232
MbJ
Side-Kick

I said it in the Thor thread but Marvel altering stuff in trailers to avoid plot spoilers is nothing new at this point.

Trailer:

Actual scene in the movie:

Old 11-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #233
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Pretty much.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #234
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I don't mind.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #235
IAmAsgardian
Point Break

Not sure if this happened while filming IW or something else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...sibly_filming/

Old 11-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #236
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

Hmm .. I think he may be filming Chaos Walking with Daisy Ridley ... but who knows.

"What if I told you that Jean-Claude Van Damme - yes, THAT Jean-Claude Van Damme - was, in fact, a secret agent? That his entire film career was built solely as a front for his black ops? Would you believe me? No? Well then that’s egg on your face because that’s what this show is about."
Old 11-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #237
KaijuDude1992
Side-Kick

I keep forgetting that the first trailer for Jurassic World 2 is suppose to be attached to Star Wars as well. I wonder if Universal will follow the same marketing plan as the first movie and release the trailer on Thanksgiving day? If so that could also delay the trailer for a bit, but didn't CW and BvS trailers come out at the same time? I kind of remember the trailers for both coming out only a few days within each other.

Last edited by KaijuDude1992; 11-14-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #238
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

I think the trailer will come out within the next 2 weeks, there's no reason to wait for Star Wars and it fits Marvel's typical pattern.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #239
Finarfiniel
#TeamHela

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaijuDude1992 View Post
I do wonder if it truly is Asgard related though, because if so it's going to be interesting seeing how
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
it was pretty much destroyed by Surter at the end of Ragnarok
It isn't Asgard. As I said in my previous post, official AoU concept art states that scene in Thor's vision (with the statue) is set in Hel, another one of the Nine Realms and the land of the dead. Basically the Asgardian underworld. Heimdall even tells Thor that he 'led them to Hel' and that 'we're all dead' in the vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Meh, Thanos and black order please. Unless they recontinue Hela's backstory as a bitter throne hungry Asgardian, keep her out.

Blanchett is Blanchett. Thanos is the villain. Not Thanos and Hela. Thanos and his children. Please don't do this to my favorite character Fiege. Do not narrow all his philosophical personalized wonders to infatuation for an Asgardian.. pleaseeeeee.
So you'd honestly rather that Thanos was just reshaped into a standard, run of the mill doomsday villain with vague 'conquer and kill everything just because' paper thin motivations (Malekith flashbacks, ugh) rather than one that retains at least some of his uniqueness and original personality? One of the things that sets Thanos apart from other universal conquerer villains like him is the fact that he's doing what he's doing not just because he's a megalomaniac but also because of his extremely twisted version of love and obsession with death. And yes, love for an Asgardian woman is different to love for an abstract entity of course, but Hela in a very real way still represents 'death' in the confines of the MCU. She's the closest thing that we're going to get to a physical manifestation of death in this universe IMO.

I agree with the Flicks and the City video on the topic that points out that, from what has been presented to us so far, Thanos and Hela are pretty much made for each other. They're both violent, ruthless genocidal warmongers who seem to have plenty of similar ideals and motivations. Some form of relationship between them does make sense, and yes it will be different to the IG comic storyline, but different doesn't have to mean bad. The MCU has never adapted a storyline from the comics 100% faithfully, not even close. They've made pragmatic, scaled down versions of the comics that fit the internal narrative of this universe. At the end of the day, Jim Starlin has visited the set of IW and confirmed that he is very happy with how Thanos is being represented in the movie. If Starlin himself is happy, then surely they must have done a good job?

Also, I don't think anyone here is wanting Hela to overshadow or even be a co-villain with Thanos in any way. I'm a huge Hela fangirl and even I'm not interested in seeing that. In my ideal, Thanos would still very much be the villain and the focus of the narrative, I imagine Hela being little more than his muse, a subtle presence in the background pulling the strings. She could be a very important character, plot wise, but that doesn't necessarily translate to massive amounts of screen time or focus.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #240
BigThor
God of Thunder

Oh this is gonna be good.....

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 11-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #241
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
It isn't Asgard. As I said in my previous post, official AoU concept art states that scene in Thor's vision (with the statue) is set in Hel, another one of the Nine Realms and the land of the dead. Basically the Asgardian underworld. Heimdall even tells Thor that he 'led them to Hel' and that 'we're all dead' in the vision.
I do think it's possible it may have been a bit of a change of course, and they're just brushing it under the rug after the makeover Ragnarok got. It was clearly going to be a much darker movie before Waititi's involvement.

I hope it is addressed, though. That's just my devil's advocate thinking to prepare myself for potential disappointment.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #242
MbJ
Side-Kick

Old 11-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #243
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Hilarious

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 11-14-2017, 10:09 PM   #244
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Even if it comes attached to The Last Jedi it should premiere online earlier.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #245
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if the regulars didn't recognize Thor at first either lol.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #246
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Meh, Thanos and black order please. Unless they recontinue Hela's backstory as a bitter throne hungry Asgardian, keep her out.

Blanchett is Blanchett. Thanos is the villain. Not Thanos and Hela. Thanos and his children. Please don't do this to my favorite character Fiege. Do not narrow all his philosophical personalized wonders to infatuation for an Asgardian.. pleaseeeeee.
I agree with this.

I am not sure Thanos worshiping an actual embodiment of Death would translate well outside of the comics. I could see it being hokey on screen.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:16 PM   #247
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I agree with this.

I am not sure Thanos worshiping an actual embodiment of Death would translate well outside of the comics. I could see it being hokey on screen.
Meh I hope they attempt it anyway

Old 11-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #248
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I agree with this.

Another reason why Hela would work better.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:06 AM   #249
Solaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if the regulars didn't recognize Thor at first either lol.
Because the haircut?

Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 AM   #250
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
Another reason why Hela would work better.
I don't know. After all this build up of Thanos as the ultimate big bad of the MCU I think it would take the shine off of him if you have him sucking up to the villain of the third Thor movie.