The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #901
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - Part

May not have been Assange, directly.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #902
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
This has been the endgame all along, have the USA voluntarily remove it's influence while also having other countries and our allies no longer trust us. Luckily, Russia isn't anywhere near what it was during the USSR days but if I had to guess this is more of personal vendetta from Putin as opposed to an actual power grab.
This just means China is going to be the new major power sooner, by presenting the US as wanting to be unfair in how it deals with smaller countries, Trump alienates US' allies and drove smaller countries to China.

Other countries are losing faith in the US political system. The US has a two party system and if the US is going to go nuts every time it elects a Republican, then why would other countries think its reliable?

Old 11-13-2017, 10:44 PM   #903
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

To be fair, other countries have conservative parties and they aren't this bonkers.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #904
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Except establishment republicans and democrats were bipartisan in their support of the transatlantic alliance. Trump is the only idiot who questioned it.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #905
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Except establishment republicans and democrats were bipartisan in their support of the transatlantic alliance. Trump is the only idiot who questioned it.
Except why should other countries not assume that someone with Trump's views will not come to power again in the US? The GOP is the real problem, not Trump.

Its going to take more then electing another Obama to smooth this over, Trump has caused more damage then Bush did.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:03 PM   #906
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
This just means China is going to be the new major power sooner, by presenting the US as wanting to be unfair in how it deals with smaller countries, Trump alienates US' allies and drove smaller countries to China.

Other countries are losing faith in the US political system. The US has a two party system and if the US is going to go nuts every time it elects a Republican, then why would other countries think its reliable?
Honestly, Geopolitics are a fickle game. As much as Trump thinks he's playing the game he's being played by Putin's 12d chess moves that he just can't handle. Like it or not, we will either have to make strange bedfellows with Russia or China. What Putin is doing right now is a masterclass in depositioning the USA so that (I imagine) Russia is the one that partners with China. If that happens then it's a relatively quick game over for the USA.

To our second point, yes, the world is probably very wary when the GOP gets power. Trump now and W before him. That's all a lot of people have to base their opinion off of for the last almost 20 years. Which is exactly what Putin wanted if you refer back to my first point.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #907
Sithborg
About time Filoni

He is being played by Russia, China, and Saudi Arabia.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #908
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly, Geopolitics are a fickle game. As much as Trump thinks he's playing the game he's being played by Putin's 12d chess moves that he just can't handle. Like it or not, we will either have to make strange bedfellows with Russia or China. What Putin is doing right now is a masterclass in depositioning the USA so that (I imagine) Russia is the one that partners with China. If that happens then it's a relatively quick game over for the USA.

To our second point, yes, the world is probably very wary when the GOP gets power. Trump now and W before him. That's all a lot of people have to base their opinion off of for the last almost 20 years. Which is exactly what Putin wanted if you refer back to my first point.
Trump and the GOP take the US' allies for granted and now the US may have to live without them.

Trump wants more countries to contribute to their defense and try to promote unfair trade deals, fine, but then these countries will no longer follow the US' lead.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:43 AM   #909
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

Hell, I'm wary of it. American progress is almost futile. So much of our progress and deals can be wrecked every four years or every two years if a Republican gets in office. Round and round we go. We take one step forward and some GOP politician comes in and the first thing they do is drag us 2, or 10, steps back. I'm just sick of it. It's hard to get excited about any successes because I know that the GOP is just dying to destroy that success.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 11-14-2017, 04:47 AM   #910
Fading
>:(

I should know better by now than to comment on YouTube. Just commented on Philip DeFranco covering the Moore story. Most of what I said was what we've all been saying in here, and how disgusting I find the situation. The responses were what I should have expected.

First response to my comment, "/jealous".

So I comment back, " Why would I be jealous of a grown ass man molesting a 14 year old? And if you're jealous of him for that, you have problems."

Second comment after my response, "Why should we ruin his career over just a few accusations?"

So I point out it's not just a few, but 30 witnesses. Then point out this shouldn't even be political. If you had put these same allegations on some unpopular, non political actor, the people supporting Moore wouldn't care. Example, "Michael Richards molests 14, 16, and 17 year old girls when he was 31 years old".

Third comment, " The girls consented, who cares. Libtard."

The way people are bending over backwards to defend Moore is insane.

Last edited by Fading; 11-14-2017 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:00 AM   #911
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
This has been the endgame all along, have the USA voluntarily remove it's influence while also having other countries and our allies no longer trust us. Luckily, Russia isn't anywhere near what it was during the USSR days but if I had to guess this is more of personal vendetta from Putin as opposed to an actual power grab.
I think you are on point: the night the wall fell Putin was on duty in Dresden, he feared for his life. That experience has warped him onward and he is not really a balanced and sound leader, I think truth is scarier than we imagine here.
Putin is the closest to a Bond villain in real life we ever got, mind you, not the worst person ever but a deranged psycho nontheless.

Vladimir Putin's formative German years
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32066222

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!
Old 11-14-2017, 05:04 AM   #912
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Alabama's decent minded Republicans and the Democrats there need to do what GOP strategist Steve Schmidt said after the election recently. There needs to be a coalition of the decent.

If you are in Alabama and you are a moderate Republican, if you are a hard core conservative, if you are more along the lines of a Libertarian even... You must ask yourselves what is the decent thing to do right now? If you are a Democrat who thinks there's no point that Moore will win no matter what... What's the decent thing to do even if it may be futile? And that thing is to go out en masse and vote. Go out in a show of political will and say no to Moore, no to Trump and no to a servile and rudderless Republican Party. Again, decent conservatives NEED to be a part of this. You have to stand up and not allow the corruption of your party to succeed. It's the only way to reform and make it what you thought it was before again. Roy Moore needs to be rejected soundly and the way to do that is if you cross the line, don't pussy foot around with third party nonsense or write ins that muddy the waters and vote for the Democrat in the race. Some things, excuse the pun, should trump party. A man of Moore's obvious character and intelligence cannot be allowed to win a United States Senate seat. Period.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AQUAMAN/CYBORG HISTORY DISCUSSION.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #913
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I should know better by now than to comment on YouTube. Just commented on Philip DeFranco covering the Moore story. Most of what I said was what we've all been saying in here, and how disgusting I find the situation. The responses were what I should have expected.

First response to my comment, "/jealous".

So I comment back, " Why would I be jealous of a grown ass man molesting a 14 year old? And if you're jealous of him for that, you have problems."

Second comment after my response, "Why should we ruin his career over just a few accusations?"

So I point out it's not just a few, but 30 witnesses. Then point out this shouldn't even be political. If you had put these same allegations on some unpopular, non political actor, the people supporting Moore wouldn't care. Example, "Michael Richards molests 14, 16, and 17 year old girls when he was 31 years old".

Third comment, " The girls consented, who cares. Libtard."

The way people are bending over backwards to defend Moore is insane.

Id like to know what backwoods hick town that third commenter hails from. Age of consent and statutory rape must not exist in that neck of the woods. I wonder if it was his 14 year old daughter that was molested if his response would be, "Well, she consented, so who cares."

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 11-14-2017, 08:20 AM   #914
Teelie
Merc with a paintbrush

Remember, these are the same people who voted Donald "grab them by the *****" Trump into office. As long as their choice wins and their percieved enemy loses they don't care what kind of vile person they elect into office. And they really don't care if that person actually comes through on their promises.

Several have been interviewed and said they never expected Trump to keep his promises but they despise the existing system so much they went with a known liar and sex offender anyways. Moore is fairly tame in comparison for them.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #915
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Oh Sessions is now saying he never lied about his Russian contacts... LAWL.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #916
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Oh Sessions is now saying he never lied about his Russian contacts... LAWL.
I'm sure they don't believe him.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:01 PM   #917
Herofan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Trump and the GOP take the US' allies for granted and now the US may have to live without them.

Trump wants more countries to contribute to their defense and try to promote unfair trade deals, fine, but then these countries will no longer follow the US' lead.
You think they were following its lead before Trump?

Old 11-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #918
Sithborg
About time Filoni

I really, really need Sessions in front of Franken again.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #919
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofan View Post
You think they were following its lead before Trump?
You think the US was alone in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Old 11-14-2017, 01:51 PM   #920
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

I thought Russia was sneakier and smarter then this.*

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopol...MnA#.vlrWyq24a

"The FBI is scrutinizing more than 60 money transfers sent by the Russian foreign ministry to its embassies across the globe, most of them bearing a note that said the money was to be used “to finance election campaign of 2016.”

Old 11-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #921
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

that's either a planted thing to distract.... or a MAJOR **** up

Old 11-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #922
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Quote:
American suspicions that Russia was attempting to influence the 2016 election grew in the spring of last year, when intelligence counterparts in Europe warned that Russian money might be flowing into the US presidential election, sources knowledgeable with the warning said. It's not clear which candidates were on the receiving end of that alleged cash flow, or if the money was diverting into outside spending groups.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7838296.html (July 2017)

Old 11-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #923
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Hope it's all true. This is taking too long.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #924
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
Hope it's all true. This is taking too long.
I really hope its not. The implications here are absolutely terrifying (especially if the Russian interference has greater reach than we initially realized).

Old 11-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #925
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I’ll just leave this here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41977120

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Closed Thread