The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #626
slumcat
Banned User

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

If any man can do it, Jackman can. He really is in insane shape at the moment, the best shape of his life.

Look at what he's achieving now! I am pretty sure he can do it atleast 2-3 times more.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #627
Mars123
Side-Kick

I agree 2/3 and I actually like to see him age or at least in mannerisms. I think I said this earlier I think i can see him signing something like a 2 movie deal.....

Maybe x force and one more with OT or wolverine 3 or both for a 3 movie deal

Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #628
slumcat
Banned User

Or maybe it can be one of those super sequels where they shoot 2 movies back to back, so that he gets in shape and can use it for 2 multiple movies.

But eitherways, Jackman can do it, he's the man. And like he said, he's committed to getting physically better every time.

And going by the leaked trailer for DOFP, he might have again topped his The Wolverine physique.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #629
Mars123
Side-Kick

Hugh is deffo the man, and he's looking good, so a well have to wait and see.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #630
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
I reckon it'll take 4 films best part of 10 years, plus hell wanna do other projects, will he have that figure at say 54/55?!
No reason he can't.

Plus the financial incentive is huge. Making that money for just four films ensures he can go off and do any project he pleases, however small, money is no object. A lot of actors would kill for that luxury.

But we'll see. He may want to do a film by film basis. But I think if someone pitched something great to him, he'd do it.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #631
YavinIV
Newbie First Class

Dat man. Apart from the fact that I personally would not like to see four more Wolverine films I'll guarantee that he will be playing him, no matter how old he'll be. I trust Jackman's common sense though and imagine that he'll be up for two more, maybe one being some sort of Origins reboot, and after that we'll be all happy :3
I don't see a problem in his age though...if he decides to return as Wolverine at age 57, I know we won't be disappointed. I think that man puts a lot of effort in what he does.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #632
Doctor Jones
No One

From what I can tell of the trailer I do love the idea of Logan having to save Xavier and Erik of their paths in their past lives. Especially if possibly he'll have to convince past Eric to do something good or something against his nature to change the course of the past. I also love Logan having to get Xavier out of his rut and bring him back as a force of good will for mutants. I love that shot of the two when it looks like Xavier is reading Logan's mind.

What would be fascinating is since Stryker is in the film, what if this is the time period where Logan underwent the adamantium procedure, and Logan has the chance to influence that choice?

Old 08-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #633
Loki882
Side-Kick

Unless Logan can fix Jason and resurrect Stryker's wife, I kind of doubt that he'll be able to dissuade Stryker.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #634
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe that aspect will be the "some things have to stay the same" thing. Like, Logan knows he has the opportunity to change it but he doesn't because that's not what he was there to change. And who knows what it could mean. He has to accept that part of his life.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #635
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Wolverine being shot up in the trailer reminds me a lot of this

Old 08-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #636
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

In my opinion, Jackman's performance in this easily tops every other Wolverine performance he ever gave. This is the most comic-book Wolverine I've ever seen on the big screen. It was awesome.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #637
kguillou
Side-Kick

Im down for more Jackman wolverine but....4 more? I'm not so sure, that might just be a LITTLE too much. I mean i get it, Fox wants to milk this franchise but theres a part of me thats secretly hoping DoFP will be a sort of grand finale to the X franchise that we really should have had with X3.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #638
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I really hope Jackman returns for the deal. Love him as Wolverine. Plus he seems like such a great guy.

One thing i don't get though is how people say they're sick of Wolverine who has had 5 major appearances over 13 years, but aren't sick of RDJ who has had 4 in just five years.

Seems backwards.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #639
psylockolussus
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I really hope Hugh gets the offer (if its true) to sign for 4 more X-Men films. Its a win/win situation for Hugh/FOX/the fate of the series and the fans of Wolverine!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #640
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

He can do 4 more, if they go like TW and DoFP (so, 4-6 years of shooting max). I'd be content, but they need to realize he won't be able to do this forever and let go. XFC showed them it can work without him.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #641
psylockolussus
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

They should have a 10-year plan or an end-game plan for this movie series. Personally, I want at least three more films with the OT cast (five as the maximum), then maybe 1 more Wolverine movie (to complete the Wolverine trilogy) and maybe a prequel film featuring the younger version of Cyke, Jean and Ororo (to complete the First Class trilogy and the Origins trilogy).

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-13-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #642
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

The uniform he was wearing in the leaked footage looked like it was sleeveless...almost looked like the brown and tan costume! o_0 I wonder if I'm the only one that noticed it.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #643
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They should have a 10-year plan or an end-game plan for this movie series. Personally, I want at least three more films with the OT cast (five as the maximum), then maybe 1 more Wolverine movie (to complete the Wolverine trilogy) and maybe a prequel film featuring the younger version of Cyke, Jean and Ororo (to complete the First Class trilogy and the Origins trilogy).
I love these ideas., this is what I want most... I'd be be happy for only 1/2 OT films....mainly to do cyclops justice!

Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #644
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
The uniform he was wearing in the leaked footage looked like it was sleeveless...almost looked like the brown and tan costume! o_0 I wonder if I'm the only one that noticed it.
That's what I thought, although I wasn't sure it was Logan.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #645
EnDz0n3
Marvel Legend

It was definitely sleeveless (we also see the costume from the back). I doubt it's tan though. It's most likely same color as the other OT characters, black.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #646
slumcat
Banned User

The footage is really blurry so its very hard to tell what kind of costume it is.

But yeah, it be the normal black leather suit that they had in other films. Atleast that is what Storm seems to have - just a black leather body suit.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #647
kasjan
Side-Kick

Just do it, Jackman, sign!
No one would play better Wolverine at this moment.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #648
Angamb
Banned User

let me highly doubt that.

There are soooo many talented actors out there that could make an awesome Wolverine. Hugh isnt the only one. As great of a guy and good actor he is.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #649
Great Mind(s)
Broken

He needs to stay as Logan because we cant have the OT cast with a new Wolverine that would be ridiculous. I bet they're making.him.Cable which to.be fair would be a change enough to keep his character fresh. Maybe they won't call him.Cable so they can introduce real Cable too...

Maybe the reason Bryan went with Bishop instead of Cable is because that is what they're doing.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #650
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
He needs to stay as Logan because we cant have the OT cast with a new Wolverine that would be ridiculous. I bet they're making.him.Cable which to.be fair would be a change enough to keep his character fresh. Maybe they won't call him.Cable so they can introduce real Cable too...

Maybe the reason Bryan went with Bishop instead of Cable is because that is what they're doing.
Are you drunk

Closed Thread