The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #26
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: LOL "I'm Batman" - Part 9

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #27
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #28
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Old 07-29-2014, 06:35 PM   #29
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #30
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro
Funny thing about that pic, Super-Cyclops-Man looks a little bit like his repainted doppleganger El Capitan Rayo/Captain Ray -
With all the fan nods he gets, I wish DC would just secure the rights to that character (and his rogues) and make him a regular part of their pantheon.

Last edited by Mondragon; 07-30-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #31
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
With all the fan nods he gets, I wish DC would just secure the rights to that character (and his rogues) and make him a regular part of their pantheon.

I'd read it.

Long Live TCM
Old 07-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #32
Varient
Guru for Geeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post

I'd read it.
Remember the elseworlds story when all the men on earth died off except for Luthor and Superman?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #33
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Joe Quinones’ Robin ’66 Challenges Cameron Stewart’s Batgirl For Selfie Supremacy

Joe Quinones’ cover to Batman ’66 #14

Batman/Superman #14 by Paolo Siquiera

Aquaman #34 by Dan Panosian

Batman and Robin #34, Phil Noto

Wonder Woman #34, Terry and Rachel Dodson

Catwoman #34 by Stephane Roux

"

Old 07-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #34
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Winnie the Jerk:

And sweet revenge:

"

Old 08-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #35
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Old 08-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #36
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

"Best ever" is usually a description that only takes existing things into consideration. The first Superhero movie was the "best ever" by default until a better one came out.

As for "epic", it's one of those words that have lost their meaning through overuse. Like "awesome" or "potato".

Old 08-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #37
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://comicsalliance.com/comics-eve...lod-explained/

"

Old 08-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #38
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post

"

Old 08-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #39
Panthro
Team Language

Heh, gotta love those "Comics Everyone" overviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient View Post
Remember the elseworlds story when all the men on earth died off except for Luthor and Superman?
Aren't there a couple of different Else-World stories with that plot?

Long Live TCM
Old 08-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #40
Superman 1265
Side-Kick

Old 08-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #41
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman 1265 View Post

Long Live TCM
Old 08-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #42
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://comicsalliance.com/best-art-e...week-08-01-14/

Batman and Robin vs. Spider-Man by Mike Medina

Batgirl and Black Canary by Andy Belanger

New Thor by Jordan Kotzebue

"

Old 08-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #43
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanao23 View Post
What about Frank Welker reprising his role as Darkseid? His voice was pretty mother****ing creepy.

"

Old 08-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #44
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Old 08-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #45
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho01 View Post
new thor by jordan kotzebue

"prove it"

Old 08-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #46
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Old 08-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #47
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

CALLED IT: Joe Quinones Draws First Blood In Robin ’66 and Batgirl’s Multiversal Selfie War

"

Old 08-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #48
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Old 08-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #49
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://bobbyrubio.deviantart.com/gallery/

"

Old 08-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #50
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Closed Thread