The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

Old 03-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #51
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins, the greatest superhero origin story in the history of fiction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
by far

the city felt like its own character, something that should be the case in all Batman movies.

I really liked that. It just everything seem more valid and "real". Too bad we lost that in later films.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:48 AM   #52
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins, the greatest superhero origin story in the history of fiction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
Shh...don't tell anyone... but I liked Begins the best out of the Nolan Trilogy... even more than *GASP* The Dark Knight!
Same

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #53
atomicbattery
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm with you guys- best Batman film.
It would probably be me favorite film of all time, but there are some absolutely trivial things that nag at me that I still can't get over...

'Falconey' instead of 'Falcone'

I would have flipped if we could have seen young Barbara Gordon peeking out of the kitchen window instead of seeing baby James Jr. (ugh) in his high chair.

And while I loved the speculative 'reality' of the tech, I wish they had had just a bit more fun with comic-booky Bat imagery. The entire production design seemed to be a determined rejection of the over-the-top imagery of 'Batman Forever and Robin', maybe just a bit to its detriment. It seems to make 'Begins' a little less the definitive celebration of the character and more an intellectual examination and representation. Which really isn't a bad thing, just maybe not what I'd dream of as my ultimate Batman film experience.

But still, a great and glorious film.
My favorite Batman movie

atomicbattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #54
Milk Tray Guy
Side-Kick

Whilst overall I rank The Dark Knight above it nevertheless Batman Begins is a great film. After having experienced the dismal Batman & Robin at the cinema I wasn't sure I'd ever pay to see a Batman film again (and I'd been a fan for decades) but I took a chance on Batman Begins and boy was I glad I did. It really blew me away. Truly fantastic.

Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote