The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #676
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Not holding out any hope for Sony to do right by it, but a proper "bells and whistles" Spider-Man re-release would be lovely. A retrospective with Raimi, deleted scenes etc.
I'd love that. Which means SONY won't let it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
List your top 10 least favorite moments from that novel.
I don't remember much, just that it was poorly written. I though the thing with Jameson's son and his alter-ego was just stupid, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:04 AM   #677
Lantern Venom
Tireless Topher Trasher

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Some more Spider-Man (2002) Wizard Magazine covers ...

"Willem Dafoe on beating up Tobey."

Goblin really did kick the snot out of Spidey in that last fight until he threatened Mary Jane.

7-7-17: Come Home.
11-17-17: Unite
BBN 4 Life
"I'm a person just like you, but I've got better things to do than sit around and smoke dope, 'cause I know that I can cope. Laugh at the thoughts of eating ludes. Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue. Always gonna keep in touch; never want to use a crutch. I've got the Straight Edge." -MINOR THREAT
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #678
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight are two of the greatest superhero movies ever. There are a lot of other superhero movies that I really, really like but whenever I ask myself what my favorite is it's always those two butting heads and the rest don't come close.

I will always give the edge to Spider-Man 2 though.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #679
Spider-Aziz
Dishonorable Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
The cover with Spidey and the Humberto Green Goblin design? That's actually some Quesada art! I liked when Toybiz made a figure out of Humberto Ramos' Spidey and Green Goblin designs around then too, they made nice figures. I don't have either anymore, unfortunately.
Goblin eyes look Humberto-esque, I thought that was him.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

"You don't know who you're dealing with, Flash, but I do. I'm not spoiling the surprise for the audience this soon, yo. LOL" ~ That one villain teases about the speedster villain of the season.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #680
Spider-man95
*Thwip*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
I might have to get that new Blu Ray collection of the trilogy, I only have SM3 on Blu Ray, original releases for the 1st 2.

The cover with Spidey and the Humberto Green Goblin design? That's actually some Quesada art! I liked when Toybiz made a figure out of Humberto Ramos' Spidey and Green Goblin designs around then too, they made nice figures. I don't have either anymore, unfortunately.

Nice video about the moment of Norman's death in the 1st movie.

That scene holds a lot of impact in it, I don't think you see anything quite like it these days in superhero movies. Especially have always enjoyed the pared down, just really brutal and dirty fight that precedes it. My personal favorite bit isn't exactly mentioned in the video, but it's Norman's last words being 'don't tell Harry'- that just adds an extra punch of tragedy to the whole affair and shows even more that despite it all he did really care about his son. The whole movie deals a lot with the relationships of fathers or father figures and their sons and that bit is the best for me.
Great video thanks a lot for sharing!

I also liked his Spider-Man 2 video:

Old Today, 10:03 AM   #681
ItchyWebShooter
Spider-Signal Included

That Wizard cover featuring Spider-Man 4 talk is just depressing. :/

ItchyWebShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #682
Herofan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
LOL, for all of its faults Spider-Man 3 was tremendously better than the third Shrek or Pirates. Pirates 2 and 3 was a terrible example of stretching out one somewhat long story into two (both overlong) movies.

Herofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #683
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Yeah, I think Spider-Man 3 gets more flack than it deserves. Flawed, sure, especially after the success of Spider-Man 2, but tonally, it feels more consistent with the previous two films than other thirds in superhero films like Superman III, Blade Trinity, Batman Forever, and X-Men: The Last Stand, to name a few.

NotNickFury is online now   Reply With Quote