The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Old 05-13-2018, 10:52 PM   #701
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Default Re: Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - - - Part 25

"Distracted"

More like, the show killed his interest in the main saga.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:17 AM   #702
Reek
_________

Yea he's not looking to hot these days either... I'm getting worried.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #703
TheFuture
Rising

I wouldn't blame for the show for Martin's struggle with writing the book. I think there's a key 3 years or so of the show where he probably rode the wave of it's success a bit too much, appearing everywhere to talk about it and most of all, wasn't writing.

We've all had that thing in our lives where we put something on the backburner and as the years went by, so did our energy and clear mind for the project until it doesn't mean anything anymore. Too bad there's so many people willing George to get it done.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:04 AM   #704
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Yea he's not looking to hot these days either... I'm getting worried.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:22 AM   #705
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
"Distracted"

More like, the show killed his interest in the main saga.
If he really cares about the ASOIAF story and doesnt like what D&D did with it you'd think he'd want to at least make sure the public and the fans get to read the final two books. Rather than never finishing it and ensuring that the D&D's version is the only ending we ever get.

I think he's just stuck and bored with it. He has an ending, but he cant get to that ending or is continually struggling to get to that ending and the experience of writing the story is no longer any fun for him. It's become a grueling chore. Which is why hes constantly doing other things.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that some of this drag ass is just plain ol spite. He really doesnt like people demanding he finish the story and he doesnt even seem to like fans being reasonably pushy. He really seems to hate people thinking he is going to die before he finishes. Its bound to make anyone a bit spiteful. So he could be dragging ass as a way of giving fans and his publisher the finger. It's not the only reason but I think its definitely one of the several reasons.

At this point I've accepted that our only hope of getting A Dream of Spring is a Christmas miracle happening or his family estate going against his wishes after he dies and hiring another writer to finish the story based on Martin's notes and any discussions he has had with his close story confidants. At the very least I hope his estate publishes some of his A Dream of Spring material and his notes in a book like the books Christopher Tolkien has been releasing that contain Tolkien's unfinished Middle Earth stories.

Last edited by Marvolo; 06-21-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #706
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
At this point I've accepted that our only hope of getting A Dream of Spring is a Christmas miracle happening or his family estate going against his wishes after he dies and hiring another writer to finish the story based on Martin's notes and any discussions he has had with his close story confidants. At the very least I hope his estate publishes some of his A Dream of Spring material and his notes in a book like the books Christopher Tolkien has been releasing that contain Tolkien's unfinished Middle Earth stories.
Years from now:

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #707
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
If he really cares about the ASOIAF story and doesnt like what D&D did with it you'd think he'd want to at least make sure the public and the fans get to read the final two books. Rather than never finishing it and ensuring that the D&D's version is the only ending we ever get.
I didn't say he didn't like D&D's version, I said their version killed his interest. The story's already being told, and it's at least partially based on the skeleton of what he planned. I think for all his talk of how he can enjoy both books and the show and that spoilers don't matter, that it's all in the journey...I think the truth is that knowing that his story is being told by someone else first has killed a lot of his enthusiasm. It's why he refused to let HBO do Dunk and Egg as a show before he finished the novellas.

And I certainly don't think it's out of spite...because he's openly lamented that he wishes it was over with so that he could do proper work on these Prequel shows, continue Dunk and Egg, write his proposed spy and Sci-Fi novels he had tucked away. He's said none of those things are going to be done until at the very least Winds is out, and you can tell that annoys the **** out of him.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:46 AM   #708
Blitzkrieg Bop
Fight Owens Fight

Spin off idea, laugh track sitcom with Tormund and Sandor.

One’s a former member of the kingsguard, the other’s a wildling commander. When the two live under one roof, only hilarity can ensue. Two ****s, Thursdays on NBC.

Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:22 AM   #709
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Have any of yall heard of the Ragnarök theory?

http://gameofthronesandnorsemytholog...-fire.html?m=1

Old 07-03-2018, 04:24 AM   #710
Reek
_________

J.K. Rowling would hate you.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote