The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #451
Zant
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Can't wait for season 2...

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #452
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Where is my Inhumans blu ray?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #453
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

They need to sell Inhumans Medusa wigs in fancy dress stores.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #454
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I want a Karnak pot farmer playset

Old 05-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #455
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Where is my Inhumans blu ray?
I'd probably buy it on BluRay if they released it just for completeness.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #456
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

They need to release a Blackbolt karaoke singalong album.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #457
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

So, among other shows, Inhumans officially gets the axe. Well, Anson Mount's got Star Trek on the horizon, so he's probably fine with this. And there can't be anyone surprised by this.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/inhu...ld-1202802149/

Quote:
‘Inhumans,’ ‘Deception,’ ‘The Crossing,’ ‘Kevin Probably Saves the World’ Canceled by ABC

ABC has canceled freshman shows “Inhumans,” “Deception,” “The Crossing,” and “Kevin Probably Saves the World” after one season each.

It starred Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Iwan Rheon as Maximus, Serinda Swan as Medusa, Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon, Isabelle Cornish as Crystal, Ken Leung as Karnak, Ellen Woglom as Louise, Sonya Balmores as Auran and Mike Moh as Triton. Henry Ian Cusick guest stars as Dr. Evan Declan.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #458
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Gasp and shock! Said no one

Old 05-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #459
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Yeah, I think there were ways they could retool and make a better second season, but it certainly didn't deserve a second season after that first.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #460
UltimatePyro9
Side-Kick

Unsurprising, but sad at the same time. This show could've been amazing for the MCU. A royal metahuman family on the moon is an interesting concept. But it was wasted because of incompetence. The Inhumans will never live this down.

UltimatePyro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:12 AM   #461
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatePyro9 View Post
Unsurprising, but sad at the same time. This show could've been amazing for the MCU. A royal metahuman family on the moon is an interesting concept. But it was wasted because of incompetence. The Inhumans will never live this down.
I think there's a chance they might because the show came and went and will soon be forgotten. They could be reintroduced in a future Fantastic Four movie (If Disney buys FOX) and in 10 years or so we might get a movie. Of course, I would have rather had a movie now as originally intended but what are you gonna do.

Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #462
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

They could resurface in the films years down the line, but I doubt very much they were included in the plans through 2025 that Feige mentioned recently.

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #463
eon001
Side-Kick

Inhumans is in an odd place right now. The Royal family story is dead, but the Inhuman mythology is alive in AoS. The past few seasons have been very Inhuman heavy, and even in the latest episode, Quake mentions her Inhuman lineage.

I think they should continue inhuman stories in AoS (or any spin off they make from AoS).
There's plenty of Earth based Inhumans stories they could explore. Ennilux, Orollan and Utolan are all Earth based inhuman settlements.

I actually think you could do a solid show about Reader. He's part hunter part fixer for Ennilix. Just think MIB mixed with Ray Donovan with super powers. Simple earth based stories. No CGI hair or Lockjaw effects.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #464
samsnee
Side-Kick

I guess Thanos took out more than half.

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #465
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
Inhumans is in an odd place right now. The Royal family story is dead, but the Inhuman mythology is alive in AoS. The past few seasons have been very Inhuman heavy, and even in the latest episode, Quake mentions her Inhuman lineage.

I think they should continue inhuman stories in AoS (or any spin off they make from AoS).
There's plenty of Earth based Inhumans stories they could explore. Ennilux, Orollan and Utolan are all Earth based inhuman settlements.

I actually think you could do a solid show about Reader. He's part hunter part fixer for Ennilix. Just think MIB mixed with Ray Donovan with super powers. Simple earth based stories. No CGI hair or Lockjaw effects.
I was waiting for a cameo from a Royal on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Seeing YoYo and Daisy's reaction to one of them proclaiming their royal privilege would have been priceless, we'll worth the price of a Colby Smulders Maria Hill cameo was.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:51 PM   #466
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post
I think there's a chance they might because the show came and went and will soon be forgotten. They could be reintroduced in a future Fantastic Four movie (If Disney buys FOX) and in 10 years or so we might get a movie. Of course, I would have rather had a movie now as originally intended but what are you gonna do.
Nobody will remember this show. Rebooting won't be an issue. Now whether they choose to any time soon given that Feige doesn't seem to care about these characters is a different story.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:16 AM   #467
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Nobody will remember this show. Rebooting won't be an issue. Now whether they choose to any time soon given that Feige doesn't seem to care about these characters is a different story.
It's a separate universe.
Part of the multiverse.
Simple.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #468
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I actually like some of the cast. I really think Anson Mount did a good job and, while I did not like Serinda Swan at first, she really grew on me. All that being said, unless they plan to put them on the moon, they can spin it as a recast rather than a reboot with minimal effort.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #469
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I actually like some of the cast. I really think Anson Mount did a good job and, while I did not like Serinda Swan at first, she really grew on me. All that being said, unless they plan to put them on the moon, they can spin it as a recast rather than a reboot with minimal effort.
I think the whole cast deserve another chance. If AoS get's another season I'd like to see some on the cast make an appearance. I think Karnak would fit in perfectly. He has a pretty interesting relationship with Coulson in the comics.
He could make for a good mentor for Daisy too. Teach her about the history of Inhumans, train her etc.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:37 AM   #470
LvtLeeTDK
Side-Kick

Anson Mount definitely deserves another chance. I think he was the best part of the show. I'd be extremely happy if he's MCU's Black Bolt

Isabelle Cornish aka Crystal can feck off though. Her performance in Inhumans is one of the worst acting I've ever seen

LvtLeeTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #471
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Yeah, it was a bad performance. She wasn't given a lot to work with, but she absolutely didn't do well with what she had. I suppose, to be fair, I didn't notice any accent issues, so there's that.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #472
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I only caught the first episode when it aired (wasn't impressed) and figured I would watch the rest on my cable's ON DEMAND system. Through one thing or another, never saw any more and it went off of the ON DEMAND. Today I was looking around and all 8 episodes are back on....so I have decided to watch and burn them to DVD. I'm a completest. It may be a bad show, but I'll have it on DVD (and not worry about buying it if it gets an official release.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #473
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I only caught the first episode when it aired (wasn't impressed) and figured I would watch the rest on my cable's ON DEMAND system. Through one thing or another, never saw any more and it went off of the ON DEMAND. Today I was looking around and all 8 episodes are back on....so I have decided to watch and burn them to DVD. I'm a completest. It may be a bad show, but I'll have it on DVD (and not worry about buying it if it gets an official release.
I consider myself a bit of a completest as well, I stop short of buying dvds for the shows, but even if I didn't I would draw the line with buying (or going through the trouble of burning on dvd) Inhumans. It was hard enough for me to just to watch the show. My hat's off to you sir.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #474
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

All I'm out by burning the show to disc is.....a little less than 8 hours of my time (there were 8 episodes at around 50 minutes per episode, with a few commercials that you can't skip past) and 4 DVD discs (I put 2 episodes per disc so that I could record on 2 hour mode for better picture quality) that cost me about one dollar. And since I "watched" them while also doing things on my laptop like reading and modding things here on the Hype....it's not like it really took me away from things to do that.

I have to agree with the people who think it is a bad show. I particularly disliked the actress that played Medusa. Even ignoring the fact that the producers did the stupidest thing in the world and cut off her hair....I thought the actress was terrible.

Their colony on the moon looked as cheap as a fan made high school play.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #475
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I have to agree with the people who think it is a bad show. I particularly disliked the actress that played Medusa. Even ignoring the fact that the producers did the stupidest thing in the world and cut off her hair....I thought the actress was terrible.
She was terrible in the first episode. I would argue her performance quality increased as the show went on. I found myself surprised at times with what she could do. Maybe it was the stilted wig and clothes that contributed to it, but, yeah, she was terrible in that first episode.

Quote:
Their colony on the moon looked as cheap as a fan made high school play.
The weird thing is, they actually spent a lot of time on making that set. There were some behind the scenes videos that showed all the effort, including some interesting design elements (using materials found in moon rocks to give it its shiny look). Some of the things were taken from the comics (the hall of statues). And, in the end, it still looked cheap as hell. I wonder if it was a poor directorial choice or because of the low-quality appearance, but we never really got a sense of the sheer scale of the set. It was apparently quite gigantic. I think the show would have benefited from a single camera shot as they went from room to room around the entire thing.