Probably, especially with Arrow having maybe 1 more season

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 AM   #227
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
will CW really commit to another DC superhero series?
Aren't they producing "Titans" next year based on the Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Probably, especially with Arrow having maybe 1 more season
My 2 cents is get rid of the entire cast and make Ollie(only) part of the Legends of Tomorrow. No kids, no Team Arrow, no Felicity, would probably be much better

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:28 AM   #228
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
I can't see a fun announcement being it's our last season. Would be cool if we get a Supes or Bats appearance.
It wont be Superman - we've already met him. Batman may be a possibility however.

I wasn't aware it was a fun announcement either, I thought it just was an announcement. If it's a fun one, then it isn't going to be cancellation; it'll likely relate to a crossover event or cameo (Batman).

If it is a crossover event though, I can't emphasise enough that the writers need to reduce the character limit. As great as the idea may be, do we really need the entirety of each and every show in the same story? I feel it's too much - and it certainly shows. I haven't particularly favoured any of the big crossovers, and instead much prefer the smaller ones between two shows.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:30 AM   #229
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Birds of Prey. Only reasonable spin off.
It may pay off, though aren't there plans for a DCEU Birds of Prey? It's unlikely they'd do a DCTV version of them at the same time.

Not sure how they'd do it (for the small screen) either, seeing as Black Canary is dead, and Black Siren certainly can't fill that role. I wouldn't bet them allowing Harley Quinn on the small screen either - she's too big a cinematic character.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:41 AM   #230
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
will CW really commit to another DC superhero series?
I think, once Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning or Legends wraps up (whichever one wraps up first) they'll likely (at least think about) introducing a new superhero show.

The Teen Titans have been mentioned, though (per Black Lightning) that's rumoured to be taking part in it's own little bubble, and not (yet) connected to the Arrowverse.

For all it's faults, Arrow is, I think, a strong show with some good groundwork. Flash has, for me, been struggling as of late, and (unless I'm mistaken) ratings have fallen because of it. Arrow is the show that's naturally expected to wrap up first - because it was the first to air, but I wouldn't be surprised if Flash, or even Legends wrapped up before Arrow did.

Hopefully, if that ever is the case, they can keep many of the characters around. Worse case scenario, we can always have a TV version of the Justice League; 10-15 hour long episodes per year?
  • Oliver Queen (Arrow - standing in for Batman as the financer and strategist)
  • Barry Allen (Flash)
  • Ray Palmer (Atom - maybe as the Cyborg alternative)
  • Kendra (Hawkgirl - recast, and as the stand-in for the small screen Wonder Woman)

Cisco/Felicity/Curtis as the tech guys, alongside Wells. Could always have a rotating cast of actual heroes; maybe mix the remaining slots up between Nate, Killer Frost, maybe another version of Firestorm?

I've left Supergirl & Black Lightning out because of the different earths they reside on, though there'd be nothing to stop them from lending a hand occasionally.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:53 AM   #231
ravn0s
Side-Kick

stephen was recently pitched the crossover story and he said that he's as excited for the crossover as he was back when they pitched him the introduction of barry allen. he also said we would be hearing about the crossover soon. i'm guessing that's what the fun announcement will be.

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #232
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
stephen was recently pitched the crossover story and he said that he's as excited for the crossover as he was back when they pitched him the introduction of barry allen. he also said we would be hearing about the crossover soon. i'm guessing that's what the fun announcement will be.
Surely the only thing more exciting than Barry Allen at this point, is Bruce Wayne? It's been a long time coming if this is the case though, however it would certainly be a welcome addition to the Arrowverse.

Short of Wonder Woman, Aquaman & Cyborg, Batman is the only main JL member we've not yet seen, and he's obviously more desired than either of the former. The question though, is whether it'll be Earth-1 Bruce Wayne, or Earth 34 (that's Kara's Earth, right?) Bruce Wayne. I'm not quite convinced they'll give us Wonder Woman as I feel that persona has been fulfilled by Supergirl (as far as the DCTV goes).

Other fun options:
  • Crossover with Black Lightning
  • Introduction of Teen Titans (within Arrowverse)
  • Introduction of another DC character; Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood (basically, anyone that has backstory from Gotham)

Last edited by Flash525; 05-15-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #233
dreammaster
Side-Kick

delete

Last edited by dreammaster; 05-15-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: delete
dreammaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #234
ravn0s
Side-Kick

arrow is moving to monday next season.

Quote:
MONDAY
8 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
9 pm Arrow (new time slot)
TUESDAY
8 pm The Flash
9 pm Black Lightning
WEDNESDAY
8 pm Riverdale
9 pm ALL AMERICAN
THURSDAY
8 pm Supernatural
9 pm LEGACIES
FRIDAY
8 pm Dynasty
9 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (new time slot)
SUNDAY
8 pm Supergirl (new time slot)
9 pm CHARMED
https://tvline.com/2018/05/17/cw-fal...rmed-schedule/

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #235
Grommers
Side-Kick

Could the announcement be that it's coming to the dc streaming service?

Old 05-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #236
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Mondays just seem weird for Arrow.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #237
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Aren't they producing "Titans" next year based on the Teen Titans

My 2 cents is get rid of the entire cast and make Ollie(only) part of the Legends of Tomorrow. No kids, no Team Arrow, no Felicity, would probably be much better
Titans is on the DC streaming service, so I don't think CW will get that.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:
http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:06 AM   #238
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Looks like the announcement is that Batwoman is coming. I'm genuinely curious how they'll introduce Gotham City proper and how they'll differentiate it from Gotham which, being a prequel show, probably wouldn't introduce Batwoman anyway, so it's probably fair game.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/17/cw-super...over-batwoman/

Quote:
The CW will host another superhero crossover event this fall, but this time they’ll be introducing the character of Batwoman into the fold.

Arrow star Stephen Amell made the announcement at The CW’s upfront presentation on Thursday. “We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’ll be doing another crossover event this fall on the CW, and we’ll be introducing a new character,” Amell said. “For the very first time appearing, we’ll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific. The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it.”

“We are adding the city of Gotham into the Arrowverse,” CW boss Mark Pedowitz added. “This will be another full-throttled action packed event.”

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #239
dreammaster
Side-Kick

yes for batwoman to being of crossover wonder if we get any more characters from the batman universe

dreammaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #240
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

So, Batman definitely exists in the Arrowverse then...

This could get a bit silly, especially given how much Arrow has stolen from Batman over the years. But, I’m interested in seeing how they handle it.

Batman is going to cast a very long shadow over the whole Arrowverse from now on.

Question is... are they going to have Kate come from the same universe? Or will there be some more multiverse shenanigans going on?

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10

Last edited by m1ll3r; 05-17-2018 at 11:22 AM.
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #241
famicommander
Side-Kick

They are probably allowed to use Batman characters due to Gotham ending next year.

Very possible Arrow ends too, and they replace it with a Batwoman show. Arrow's actors signed seven year deals so it makes sense. For the show to continue, WB would have to sign everyone to more expensive contracts. Not impossible (they do it every year for Supernatural) but probably cheaper to replace it with a new DC show.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:00 PM   #242
The Shape
In the shadows

I love Batwoman, so I'm down for this.

Sounds like it won't be multiverse-related. Gotham exists in the Arrow-verse, and it has already been mentioned/hinted at before.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #243
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

I doubt the Batwoman news has anything to do with Gotham ending. This would have to have been in the works for awhile now since crossovers no doubt take a lot of planning, and we only just recently found out about Gotham getting its final season. Not like they'd suddenly change their mind if Gotham ended up going beyond five seasons.

Plus, Arrow's used Ra's al Ghul before and we got a glimpse of Harley Quinn from the back in that Suicide Squad episode, not to mention that the name Oracle is apparently taken- though that could just be a wink and nod to fans- so not like Batman specific characters were ever completely off the table, as they've eased up on that, both with the Gotham name drop on Supergirl and the Bruce Wayne name drop on Arrow last year.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #244
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
So, Batman definitely exists in the Arrowverse then...

This could get a bit silly, especially given how much Arrow has stolen from Batman over the years. But, I’m interested in seeing how they handle it.

Batman is going to cast a very long shadow over the whole Arrowverse from now on.

Question is... are they going to have Kate come from the same universe? Or will there be some more multiverse shenanigans going on?
Batman DEFINITELY exists in Supergirl’s universe. They’ve directly referenced him multiple times on that show as Superman’s friend he’s worked with in the past. I’m kinda hoping this crossover’s set on that Earth for a change, tbh.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #245
Legendver2
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
I love Batwoman, so I'm down for this.

Sounds like it won't be multiverse-related. Gotham exists in the Arrow-verse, and it has already been mentioned/hinted at before.
Gotham also exists Supergirl's universe, so essentially there's 2 Gothams.

Legendver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #246
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Hooray to Batwoman!!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #247
Snow Queen
4AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Looks like the announcement is that Batwoman is coming. I'm genuinely curious how they'll introduce Gotham City proper and how they'll differentiate it from Gotham which, being a prequel show, probably wouldn't introduce Batwoman anyway, so it's probably fair game.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/17/cw-super...over-batwoman/
That'll teach me for thinking my favourite characters are safe from being dragged into this.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #248
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Batman DEFINITELY exists in Supergirl’s universe. They’ve directly referenced him multiple times on that show as Superman’s friend he’s worked with in the past. I’m kinda hoping this crossover’s set on that Earth for a change, tbh.
Yeah, this would be my preferred way of doing things. Bruce Wayne may have been established in Ollie Queen's universe, but Batman hasn't.

It would make much more sense if the Bat family were to come from Supergirl's universe, given how much of Batman's canon has been nicked by Arrow over the years. A universe with Superman and Batman in makes more sense, than trying to crowbar Batman into the Flarrow universe.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #249
Pennywise
Side-Kick

I wonder which universe Batwoman will come from considering we've heard name drops about Bruce Wayne on Arrow and Gotham and Batman on Supergirl?

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #250
Slick
Yup

I’m excited that Batwoman is coming to the Arrowverse. This could be Arrows last season but giving that we have a new showrunner I think the show still has some legs for more.