3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #51
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Episode 3.18 "Shelter From the Storm" (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I'm still tired of her apologizing....

And I get Lena is trying to be the good Luthor, etc....but both mother and brother are the Supes worst enemies, and Lena took a step in the direction of Max Lord by manufacturing Kryptonite....YES for a good reason, but without Supergirl's knowledge and IMO, she should have been the first to know and should have been brought in immediately.....ESPECIALLY since Sam begged her to get Supergirl and Alex. Then said there is no more Kryptonite, and whelp....lookie there. Soooo....is that behavior you can trust? not in my book.

BUT....it looks like Lena has no clue Kara and Supergirl are the same person looking at the discussion in the elevator. SMH.....
Look how Kara reacted when she found out there was Kryptonite though, that's why Lena couldn't tell her as she just wants to destroy it, and had she done that they wouldn't have been able to subdue Reign. Same reason she couldn't tell Alex and Kara about Sam, the minute she did the DEO would have to take her into custody, away from Lena's tech that helped.

That is the tricky thing about these shows, the lead hero almost always has to be in the right, the way they've written this season, with an unwitting villain who is also a good person and mother, and genuine conflict with Lena and Supergirl over how to best go about saving the day, has brought about a lot of interesting character dynamics IMO, it tests the fallibility of a god like hero, and humanizes them.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #52
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierrose View Post
Lena said she super-charged the Kryptonite just for Reign. That’s consistent with the DEO having to concentrate what they had from Corvell and Kara injecting it in S3E10.
And one point in this episode, Reign was able to slap it away after it seemingly hurt her. But, whatever.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #53
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
And one point in this episode, Reign was able to slap it away after it seemingly hurt her. But, whatever.
The electricity...yes, not the Kryptonite, those were the equivalents of bullets going into her not wrapping around her like the electricity.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #54
SSAV
Side-Kick

By the way, why didn't kryptonite used in the DEO training room hurt Kara as much as what was mentioned in this episode (nails in the blood, skin falling off and all that?).

Very low doses? I believe that training room is the reason people thought it just weakens her (along with the time when Kara is kidnapped by Lillian).

SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:03 AM   #55
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAV View Post
By the way, why didn't kryptonite used in the DEO training room hurt Kara as much as what was mentioned in this episode (nails in the blood, skin falling off and all that?).

Very low doses? I believe that training room is the reason people thought it just weakens her (along with the time when Kara is kidnapped by Lillian).
Yeah, Alex said that training room only had it at like 18% strength or something like that.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:00 AM   #56
SSAV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Yeah, Alex said that training room only had it at like 18% strength or something like that.
Okay thanks!

I don't remember S1 much. Glad to know that is consistent.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #57
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

It's kind of ridiculous that having kryptonite anywhere near Kara renders her incapacitated but if it's not directly applied to Reign, she can just slap it away and go on with her business.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:12 AM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Oh great, now James is pronouncing "Pestilience" wrong, too. Can Amy, David and Katie please teach these grubby Americans the error of their ways?!
This!! Why can't the Americans say it correctly?

Pestulence.

It looks to be Amy's last episode though.

And Imra seems to be written as the very model of the understanding and patient wife and partner. What person would ever be like that in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
On a side note who the hell wouldn't choose Irma over Supergirl. Supergirl is good looking but Irma is smoking hot
Can't argue with you there. But it's Imra not Irma.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 05-17-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #59
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
It looks to be Amy's last episode though.
Didn't we see a BTS group shot from the season finale which included (along with SG, Mon-El, Alura and Alex) Saturn Girl?

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #60
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
The electricity...yes, not the Kryptonite, those were the equivalents of bullets going into her not wrapping around her like the electricity.
I wasn’t talking about the electricity. Throughout this season Kryptonite has just been used however they want when it comes to Reign. Sometimes it doesn’t hurt at all, sometimes it hurts that it seems it might incapacitate her, sometimes it hurts but not enough to incapacitate her. On the other hand, get any around Supergirl and she’s feeling the pain she recently described.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #61
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Well they did make a point this season that Reign isn’t a normal Kryptonian - she doesn’t need yellow sunlight and Kryptonite doesn’t affect her as much. Which is why they have to use heavy doses against her, and it’s not as instantly debilitating for her as it is for Kara unless it’s applied directly into her body.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #62
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Didn't we see a BTS group shot from the season finale which included (along with SG, Mon-El, Alura and Alex) Saturn Girl?
I think they do come back....which is what the rumored spoilers have said as well. Those rumored spoilers have pretty much been spot on.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 05-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #63
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
I haven't been looking at any spoilers from later episodes so don't know what is coming. I hope Imra does show up. I suppose Mon-El will have to say goodbye to her properly. And of course, she'll be totally understanding about it. What a long-suffering wife!

I get the feeling that she would even encourage Mon-El to sleep with Kara and test the waters to see if it's his destiny, and if he comes back to Imra then she'll know that he has chosen her.

Old 05-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #64
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I get the feeling that she would even encourage Mon-El to sleep with Kara and test the waters to see if it's his destiny, and if he comes back to Imra then she'll know that he has chosen her.
Somehow, no, I don't think Imra would encourage something so douchey. Just a hunch.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #65
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Somehow, no, I don't think Imra would encourage something so douchey. Just a hunch.
I'm speaking sarcastically, because they have written her to be so overly understanding and long suffering to the point where no wife would ever allow their husbands such leeway like she has allowed Mon-El.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #66
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ah no, of all the things Mon-El did last season one thing he didn't do was look at another woman after he and Kara got together. The writers made a good choice to have seven years pass for him which made it perfectly reasonable for him to have moved on.

Brierrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #67
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

It's not unreasonable for a wife to want her husband to be with her because he has chosen to be with her. Mon'el did not have the choice in leaving Kara last time. It was stay and die.

Imra knows Kara is Mon'el's unrequited love, but she felt confident in moving forward with the relationship because Kara was a thousand years dead.

Now, she wants her husband to choose to be with her rather than to follow her out of a sense of honor and responsibility. By now I'm hoping her does love Imra more than Kara, and I'm certainly hoping that Mon'el goes with her back to the future, even as I was one of the ones who had not wanted the relationship to end.

Last edited by Thome216; 05-17-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #68
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

He's already committed to Imra though. He may not always feel that love towards her. But that's the thing with marriages. People aren't always going to be in love in the same way they might have before when the initial excitement has worn off.

He has already chosen Imra before and made a commitment to her. Allowing him to be with Kara and spending all that time with her is asking for trouble because they already had feelings for each other. That's just putting both of them in temptation's way.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:45 AM   #69
SSAV
Side-Kick

Quote:
He's already committed to Imra though. He may not always feel that love towards her. But that's the thing with marriages. People aren't always going to be in love in the same way they might have before when the initial excitement has worn off.

He has already chosen Imra before and made a commitment to her. Allowing him to be with Kara and spending all that time with her is asking for trouble because they already had feelings for each other. That's just putting both of them in temptation's way.
What about Kara though? Kara has worked hard to move on from Mon El. Now, Mon El comes back and tries his luck with her.. .And then, decides that he loves Imra and should go back to the future.

How'd it feel to Kara? Provided she even wants to give it a shot.

I think whatever happens the scenario has become a little too unrealistic.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #70
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

If the timeline is changed and has gone back, what if they aren't married in the future?

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 05-19-2018, 01:25 AM   #71
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

That would be super convenient, even for this show, lol.

They just need to let it go. "Karamel" was never the relationship they wanted it to be, and at this point, there's no reason to force it. They work perfectly fine as friends/exes. That stuff has actually been rather nice this season, and NOT frustrating or eye-roll inducing, unlike the majority of their "romance," imo.

Last edited by flickchick85; 05-19-2018 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #72
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I have no problem with just being the friend thing....the writers have not been able to write a very adult relationship on the show. Sleeping together doesn't make it an adult relationship.

James was like a 15 year old that couldn't make up his mind on what car he wanted buy.
Maggie had so much damn baggage that would come out and bite Alex in the arse so often it was hard to tell if Alex was her therapist or lover.
Kara and Mon-el made a great Hepburn and Tracey until they slept together and that flew out the window. Mon-el was like a scared little puppy that was about to lose its favorite toy.

Thus far the track record of the writers on relationships has sucked.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 05-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #73
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Maggie had so much damn baggage that would come out and bite Chyler in the arse so often it was hard to tell if Chyler was her therapist or lover.
I don't know about that. It often seemed as if Chyler was the one undergoing therapy with Maggie at times. It's not like Chyler seemed like the more stable one with all the answers and Maggie was so messed up. I think it was more of a mutual relationship where one switched into the role of therapist at times and that at other times the other one did. But not that any relationship should be on those unequal terms of therapist and patient.

I do think though that Imra has been written a bit unrealistically. Of course, she's the kind of wife or partner that everyone would like who is extremely understanding, patient, trusting and gives plenty of leeway without jumping to conclusions or getting overly jealous or possessive. But is anyone really like that in real life?

Old 05-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #74
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I don't know about that. It often seemed as if Chyler was the one undergoing therapy with Maggie at times. It's not like Chyler seemed like the more stable one with all the answers and Maggie was so messed up. I think it was more of a mutual relationship where one switched into the role of therapist at times and that at other times the other one did. But not that any relationship should be on those unequal terms of therapist and patient.

I do think though that Imra has been written a bit unrealistically. Of course, she's the kind of wife or partner that everyone would like who is extremely understanding, patient, trusting and gives plenty of leeway without jumping to conclusions or getting overly jealous or possessive. But is anyone really like that in real life?
At the very beginning yes, but once they actually started dating every little thing Alex did, Maggie had some kind of baggage from her childhood that Alex had to talk her through. IMO, it was an unhealthy relationship all the way around for sure.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 05-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #75
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

I don't think its that at all, I think she is feeling guilty because in reality she has duped Mon-el pretty much....not that he wasn't a duper himself in his past.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~