The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #701
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 85,680
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

If the Dailymail cracked this...

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #702
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja
 
MagnarTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,170
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

The National - Qatar used Ice Cube basketball league in Steve Bannon bribe plot, lawsuit claims

https://www.thenational.ae/world/men...laims-1.729696

MagnarTheGreat is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:43 PM   #703
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,647
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I think they'll get a few more concessions out of Trump before the break off talks entirely.
We will see. Trump apparently though he had already won, and didn't realize this is what was likely going to happen. He doesn't understand what negotiating is.

Sithborg is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:32 AM   #704
Aximili86
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Also it is absolutely rich to make the argument that we should allow Israel to murder people because Jewish people have been treated poorly by other countries in the past when that is not only ridiculous in concept but Israel only exist because...

If that's the way you're framing what went down the other day, Israelis murdering a buch of people and justifying it "because Hitler", that's just insane levels of willful ignorance.

There's ****ing footage of Hamas guys trying to cut through the fence, and footage of other guys planting IEDs on the line.

Those are the guys that were shot, not the civvies milling about a half-mile back waving signs and praying.

Aximili86 is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:48 AM   #705
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 85,680
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximili86 View Post
If that's the way you're framing what went down the other day, Israelis murdering a buch of people and justifying it "because Hitler", that's just insane levels of willful ignorance.

There's ****ing footage of Hamas guys trying to cut through the fence, and footage of other guys planting IEDs on the line.

Those are the guys that were shot, not the civvies milling about a half-mile back waving signs and praying.
That is an outright lie:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44116340

Quote:
Donald Trump's decision to relocate the embassy, announced in December, fuelled anger in Islamist-ruled Gaza, which is economically impoverished and under an Israeli and Egyptian blockade. Israel and Egypt say it is for their self-defence.

For seven weeks, protesters have gathered on the Gaza side of the border with Israel, with scores of deaths over that period before the violence ratcheted this week.

Among the dead on Monday were eight children under the age of 16, including a baby of eight months, Layila al-Ghandour, according to the Hamas-run health ministry. At least 2,700 were reported injured.

No Israelis were reported killed or injured.

Many of the dead and wounded in Gaza were hit by sniper-fire, the health ministry said.

Israeli troops opened fire as protesters pushed towards the border fence that separates the Gaza Strip from Israel. Israel said its soldiers fired only at "targets of terrorist activity".

UN human rights spokesman Rupert Colville told reporters in Geneva on Tuesday that Israel's use of force was "not acceptable".

"The mere fact of approaching a fence is not a lethal, life-threatening act, so that does not warrant being shot," he said.

"It seems that anyone is liable to be shot dead," he added, stressing that international law makes it clear that "lethal force may only be used as a measure of last, not first, resort."
So was the baby cutting through the fence or planting IEDs on the line? And as the UN Human Rights spokesman said, approaching a fence is not a lethal, life-threatening act.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 AM   #706
Aximili86
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

The baby was from tear-gas asphyxiation, this is official from the Palestinians. The baby shouldn't have ****ing been there and you know it, that's on the parents. They weren't shooting at babies.

The children ("children" meaning anyone under 18, a bunch of these are going to be teenagers in on the Day Of Rage festivities) we don't have details on yet. But you'd figure if they died of bullet wounds that'd be a detail they'd be mentioning on the news. Certainly helps their narrative.

That was likely tear-gas too. Which, yeah, if your kids are young enough for tear gas to be lethal to them, parents, don't take them along on your little riot. Leave the kiddies at home, you knew this could get ugly - it was the whole point of why you were there, rack up some headlines.

Fact is, the live-fire was against the hardcores at the tip of that proverbial spear, not Mohammad The Mechant and his wife & kids coming along for moral support.

Aximili86 is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:05 AM   #707
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 85,680
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Oh, so you changed your argument now. Suddenly now the baby did die, but that is on the parents, not people throwing tear gas at crowds with kids. It is almost like they didn't care who they killed....

How they murder people is irrelevant. They are murdering people. They are murdering children.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:19 AM   #708
Aximili86
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

I never said a baby didn't die, smartass. I said the IDF wasn't firing on babies. The baby wasn't shot, the other kids likely didn't die of bullet wounds either, or you know that'd be played up in the reporting.

They were shooting at the guys right on the line.

Aximili86 is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:25 AM   #709
Orba
Side-Kick
 
Orba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 3,381
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Canadian doctor shot by Israeli sniper near Gaza border

Quote:
A Canadian-Palestinian doctor was shot in the legs by an Israeli sniper and one of his paramedics was killed on the Gaza border Monday as clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli Defence Forces left dozens dead and more than 1,000 wounded.

Dr. Tarek Loubani, an emergency physician from London, Ont., who is also an associate professor at the University of Western Ontario’s medical school, joined medical teams on the Gaza border Monday to care for Palestinians who might be injured in demonstrations against the inauguration of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem.

Dr. Loubani, who has served as an emergency field doctor in Tanzania and conflict zones such as Iraq and southern Lebanon, said he was wearing a green surgeon’s outfit and standing with several orange-vested paramedics about 25 metres from the protests at the border when he was hit.

“I am very seasoned about not being shot at. I know where to stand. I know where to be. I know how not to get shot,” he told The Globe and Mail in a telephone interview from Gaza where he recuperating. “Snipers don’t reach me because of mistakes. I did everything right. We were all huddled. We were high visibility. It was quiet at the exact moment I got shot. The bullet went through my left leg, through my right leg out and hit the ground.

Orba is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #710
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,647
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

So, it sounds like Trump Jr picked up a tragic case of amnesia before the Senate Judiciary committee. We are really to believe he did not talk about the investigation with his father?

Sithborg is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #711
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
 
Hobgoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Drifting in the doldrums.
Posts: 19,393
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

CNN is saying 2000 pages of documents from the 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russian officials have been released.

Hobgoblin is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #712
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,647
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Transcripts of the Senate interviews over the meetings. So, a lot of faulty memories.

Sithborg is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #713
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Watching democracy die
Posts: 108,215
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Commonplace these days.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
squeekness is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #714
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,647
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Oh wow. The Senate Intelligence Committee just released their findings that the Russians did in fact interfere in order to help Trump. I look forward to the attacks on that bipartisan finding.

Sithborg is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #715
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Watching democracy die
Posts: 108,215
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Fake news!

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
squeekness is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #716
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,352
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Oh wow. The Senate Intelligence Committee just released their findings that the Russians did in fact interfere in order to help Trump. I look forward to the attacks on that bipartisan finding.
The stories I'm seeing say Russia 'favored' Trump, unfortunately it seems pretty soft unless they can show the Russians instrumentally interfered in ways that improved Trump's odds of being elected.

DeadPresident is online now  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #717
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 27,976
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

So anyone entering that contest to win dinner with President Trump?

(because this is all one big reality show)

__________________
A Silent Guardian....A Watchful Protector....A Dark Schloss...

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:39 PM   #718
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja
 
MagnarTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,170
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Reuters - Mueller issues grand jury subpoenas to Trump adviser's social media consultant

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Mueller has issued two subpoenas to a social media expert who worked for longtime Donald Trump adviser Roger Stone during the 2016 presidential election campaign.

The subpoenas were delivered late last week to lawyers representing Jason Sullivan, a social media and Twitter specialist Stone hired to work for an independent political action committee he set up to support Trump, Knut Johnson, a lawyer for Sullivan, told Reuters on Tuesday.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1IH2OB

MagnarTheGreat is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #719
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,647
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Nope, not racist at all.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/996845374819192833

Oh, and Sessions is wanting to place children they separate from parents crossing the border on military bases.

Sithborg is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #720
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Watching democracy die
Posts: 108,215
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
So anyone entering that contest to win dinner with President Trump?

(because this is all one big reality show)
You couldn't pay me enough. I can't even listen to his speeches, he makes me so sick.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
squeekness is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:34 PM   #721
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 37,321
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Nope, not racist at all.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/996845374819192833

Oh, and Sessions is wanting to place children they separate from parents crossing the border on military bases.
Aside from it being cruel and imo a crime against humanity, our military has better things to do than babysit children. Not to mention it is creating more people that hate our stupid country.

__________________
"When the snows fall, when the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is online now  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #722
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Watching democracy die
Posts: 108,215
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Nope, not racist at all.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/996845374819192833

Oh, and Sessions is wanting to place children they separate from parents crossing the border on military bases.
For what? As human shields or something ?

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
squeekness is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #723
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 37,321
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
For what? As human shields or something ?
Exhibits for Session's human zoo.

__________________
"When the snows fall, when the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is online now  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #724
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,647
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Aside from it being cruel and imo a crime against humanity, our military has better things to do than babysit children. Not to mention it is creating more people that hate our stupid country.
I doubt it is the military who are actually watching the children. Health and Human Services are looking at renting space on the bases. Granted, that doesn't really give one much hope that the kids will be okay, especially after the trauma I am sure CBP and ICE will inflict on separating families.

Sithborg is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #725
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,647
Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - -

Ooops, looks like the president may have committed a crime.

https://twitter.com/arimelber/status/996805188232065024

Stormy Daniels really might be the reason he goes down...

Sithborg is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.