The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 03-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #351
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Default Re: Are your Civil Liberties Under Attack? Discussion

NSA posed as Facebook to implant malware on computers capable of spying on users.

http://www.latimes.com/business/tech...#axzz2vmXk4Ylv

This is so beyond ridiculous and the point where there should be criminal charges and a cleaning out of the whole agency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #352
Figs
Banned User

Figured I would post this here instead of starting a new thread. Could end up being a Waco kind of incident. No surprise the cell towers were shut down.

Showdown on the range: Nevada rancher, feds face off over cattle grazing rights

http://misguidedchildren.com/domesti...n-update/18728

Report claims cell towers in Bundy ranch area shut down

http://www.examiner.com/article/repo...area-shut-down

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #353
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Free Speech Zone

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #354
Super Kal
Proud Conservative

Historic! Feds Forced to Surrender to American Citizens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD61YFxUga4

Old 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #355
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Figured I would post this here instead of starting a new thread. Could end up being a Waco kind of incident. No surprise the cell towers were shut down.

Showdown on the range: Nevada rancher, feds face off over cattle grazing rights

http://misguidedchildren.com/domesti...n-update/18728

Report claims cell towers in Bundy ranch area shut down

http://www.examiner.com/article/repo...area-shut-down

I don't get this the guy doesn't pay the Federal fees because he doesn't feel like he should yet Fox News is treating him like a hero. Guy sounds like a freeloader to me(doesn't Fox News rally against moochers?)

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #356
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!

The government is legally right on this issue in the end, the guy wasn't paying fees on land that doesn't belong to him and he has defied court orders for years. The problem is how they have handled it to where they should honestly be ashamed of themselves.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #357
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
The government is legally right on this issue in the end, the guy wasn't paying fees on land that doesn't belong to him and he has defied court orders for years. The problem is how they have handled it to where they should honestly be ashamed of themselves.
I agree they been trying to get him to pay the fees for 20 years, talk about procrastination

Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #358
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

And the damn turtle that started the whole thing is perfectly fine.....

I'm all for conservation, I think it is very important, but some of this stuff is just stupid.

The Federal government getting involved is where they screwed up with this particular incident.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #359
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
The Federal government getting involved is where they screwed up with this particular incident.
Simple fact is the guy is mooching on land that isn't his, if the law says he owes money he has 2 easy options.

1. Pay what they are asking for or maybe go and make a deal for a lesser fee

2. Don't let your cattle graze there

It's not a case they came out of the blue and said hey you haven't given us the fees for 20 years, so you now owe us a million dollars, they have been trying to get the money out of him for 20 fricken years and he refused. They even offered him deals but he wouldn't pay.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #360
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Simple fact is the guy is mooching on land that isn't his, if the law says he owes money he has 2 easy options.

1. Pay what they are asking for or maybe go and make a deal for a lesser fee

2. Don't let your cattle graze there
I agree that he is out of compliance with the present law, but the premise as to why the government took over the land is stupid, as it usually is....I'm sorry, but the man not paying his bill, doesn't change the stupidity of what caused the problem in the first place. His family had been grazing their cattle on that land for close to 150 years. The government took the land over to protect a ****ing turtle. That is stupidity....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 04-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #361
Victarion
Iron Captain

Who reported the turtle's presence to begin with?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #362
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchist

Not that I think this discussion should be moved but isn't this a property rights issue rather than a civil liberties issue?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #363
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Not that I think this discussion should be moved but isn't this a property rights issue rather than a civil liberties issue?
It's a civil liberties issue for the right wing blog world

Last edited by SV Fan; 04-15-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #364
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
Little green people...

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 04-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #365
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

The issue of him not paying is a simple legal issue that could have been taken care of through a lein, garnishment, any number of ways, so it turned from a legal issue that could be taken care of to a civil liberties issue in how the Federal government, even though it should have been a State government responded after 20 years of doing very little if anything.

So, yes, he should pay....no doubt, BUT....if I were him, I would ask for a bail out.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Last edited by Kelly; 04-16-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #366
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
The issue of him not paying is a simple legal issue that could have been taken care of through a lein, garnishment, any number of ways, so it turned from a legal issue that could be taken care of to a civil liberties issue in how the Federal government, even though it should have been a State government responded after 20 years of doing very little if anything.
They went to court about this issue in 1998 after after he lost he still didn't pay up.

The only thing I could think of doing that might not have been done was giving him notice if the cows are found on his land at any point they will gather them up and keep them as collateral(then I would wait like 6 months to a year after I send him that note to do it)

Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #367
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

They can take the money....hellllllooooooo....garnishment. Yep, they could'a, should'a done it. Many moons ago....

As far as taking his cows, they wouldn't do that.....the cost of feeding/taking care of those suckers would cost much more than what he owes over a 6 month period. Hell, they couldn't take care of them for a few days....some died.

And hey, again, I'm not disagreeing.....He used public land, made profit, he should pay. Not disputing that at all. It's just that this was "overkill" by the Federal Government. The selective moral outrage by the government of this is just ridiculous.

He needs to make a deal with the federal government....and move on from this.

And hey, 20 years.....a few administrations there could have done something within their power, as I said....lien, garnishment, etc....long ago.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Last edited by Kelly; 04-16-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #368
regwec
Make Mine Marble

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...asses-out.html

regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #369
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
They can take the money....hellllllooooooo....garnishment. Yep, they could'a, should'a done it. Many moons ago....

As far as taking his cows, they wouldn't do that.....the cost of feeding/taking care of those suckers would cost much more than what he owes over a 6 month period. Hell, they couldn't take care of them for a few days....some died.

And hey, again, I'm not disagreeing.....He used public land, made profit, he should pay. Not disputing that at all. It's just that this was "overkill" by the Federal Government. The selective moral outrage by the government of this is just ridiculous.

He needs to make a deal with the federal government....and move on from this.

And hey, 20 years.....a few administrations there could have done something within their power, as I said....lien, garnishment, etc....long ago.
You could argue there are no heroes in this story, but this doesn't seem to be a breach of civil liberties that is nearly as serious as the ones we have been discussing.

Has the government overacted, sure, but that doesn't make this guy a hero and I think a lot of conservatives are regretting trying to turn him into one.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ight-rand-paul

The people who were trying to turn this guy before turning him into a hero, this guy has done no one any favors, including himself. He really comes off as selfish jerk, who only cares about his own rights and could care less about anyone else's rights. That is not the imagine conservatives would want to project.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #370
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchist

Edward Snowden interview Wednesday night on NBC.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #371
Destructus86
Side-Kick

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...nition-project

We really need to fight against this stuff...the NSA is getting way too out of control.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #372
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
Shredder?

Old 06-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #373
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Edward Snowden interview Wednesday night on NBC.

I don't like that guy. But I like what he did. The NSA is out of control and needs to be pulled back. The American people complain about it but do nothing. Snowden did something. So, I DO appreciate his actions an exposing a massive conspiracy against the American people.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #374
Destructus86
Side-Kick

So, I think this is a good thread for my topic. I keep reading about "battles" taking place in schools related to religion and what not. People complaining about one religion praying out on the school lawn, or muslims praying in the gym and athiests complaining about the people praying.

Here's my thing...we're a multi-cultural country. And with that comes along all the parts that make up that culture including religion. So I think schools should allow all religions and religious books and rituals at schools. If a group of Christians or Muslims or whatever else wants to go out on the school lawn and sit around praying or doing a holy book study then go for it. If Athiests want to get together as a group on that same lawn (when it's free) and talk about whatever...go for it.

I feel as a society if we are going to openly accommodate other cultures...then we need to include religion as it is a part of that culture. As long as it's not being forced upon anyone else. IE..reading a bible or the Qur'an or whatever is NOT force feeding it on anyone else. Hounding someone about your beliefs IS. But if someone wants to drop to their knees and do that head bow thing and pray in the hallway (out of the way of people walking that is) then that's fine.

I think the future has room to embrace all aspects of cultural.

Who agrees? And if you disagree why?

Old 06-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #375
regwec
Make Mine Marble

I am hopeful that all religions and superstitions will die out in the next couple of generations but people have a right to do what they like, as long as they aren't breaking any laws or causing a public nuisance, in the meantime.

We don't discuss religion on this site, however.

regwec is offline   Reply With Quote