The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #376
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
Is easily better than most of those, but better than Avengers is very debatable. TDKR is overrated by some critics and fans, just because it has a serious tone doesn't excuse the plotholes and silliness like many do.
Wow.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #377
MrMaooz
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
After talking with some of my friends who have seen the recent Star Trek Sequel and with everything that we've heard about Zod's characterization in MOS, I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like there's a lot of similarities between Zod's character and the one that Edward plays in STID.
Edward?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #378
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
A lot of people hate those two films, and I see where all the criticism comes from and I agree with most of it. Yet I can't help but enjoy these films every damn time.
I enjoy the first 3 Pirates films to varying degrees. The first is great, the second is dreary but enjoyable and the final one is a lot of fun, if a little insane.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #379
Mikelus
Intellectualis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Wow.

Leave Mr. Picard alone!

Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #380
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Edward?
Oops, I just realized the typo.lol I meant John Harrison.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #381
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Film is subjective. Many critics and fans like/enjoy the film despite it's flaws. It's got nothing to do with it having a serious tone. One person's unmet expectations doesn't make it a bad experience for everyone else.

I See Spidey didn't love STID that much. But I've seen quite a few people say it's the Summer movie to beat.
I still give it like an 8 out of 10 while giving the first one an 8.5 out of 10. I think the Summer movies have been pretty good so far, next up Fast and Furious Six!

Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #382
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Oops, I just realized the typo.lol I meant John Harrison.
It now all makes a lot more sense.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #383
jthom19802
Side-Kick

TV #3 with either ATH or PTI this afternoon, and #5 with Grey's Anatomy finale.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #384
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

TV spot #5 just aired on Spike. I've been seeing more TV spots for MOS popping up than I did TDKR to be honest.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 05-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #385
SpitCurl
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
No, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!

They're right, is going to bomb! Even DarthSkywalker knows more about marketing than Warner!! Everything is wrong, is too dark, the missing split curl, the missing trunks are going to ruin the movie, you'll see!!!

Dude, I'm right here.

Oh wait, nevermind

Although, really, you can't come to a site called superherohype and not expect most of the posts to read like the raving psychotic rants of 12 year-olds, ie, "zomg! this movie is the best thing since cunnilingus dipped in chocolate riding a unicorn! lulz!" I'ts entertaining, at least. In fact, just pretend (or accept, who knows) that most of the posters on this forum are roughly 12 years-old and it all makes a vague sort of sense.

Last edited by SpitCurl; 05-17-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #386
TheNextNolan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitCurl View Post
Dude, I'm right here.

Oh wait, nevermind
Oh......

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #387
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The following billion dollar movies I thought were worse than Iron Man 3.

Pirates 3
Transformers 3
Titanic
Alice in Wonderland
TDKR
The Avengers

I liked the last two films but less than Iron Man 3.
Lol. Both "The Dark Knight Rises" AND "Avengers" easily kills Iron Man 3. Heck, Iron Man 1 is better than IM3... And regards to Rises having some plot holes, it is still tons better than IM3, in almost every way. While not the best of the Nolan batman flicks, it is definitely a very strong outing for the trilogy, as a whole. That's my STRONG opinion on the matter.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #388
TheNextNolan22

No movie is perfect. Every movie has plotholes.

Anyways, I stopped by my Wal-Mart right now and there seems to be a high demand for all things Man Of Steel. Which means I better get my butt down to Wal-Mart very early on Saturday.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #389
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Has there been any advanced reviews posted online?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #390
herolee10
No More Miracles

Didn't one of the posters here say that he'd scan some of the pictures that he got from purchasing the guidebook?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #391
ArmsHeldOut
Searchlight Soul

Quote:
Didn't one of the posters here say that he'd scan some of the pictures that he got from purchasing the guidebook?
Someone beat him to it. They're all up as far as I know.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #392
TheNextNolan22

What happened with that? Oh well, I'm not bothered by it.

EDIT: seems they're all up.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #393
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Wow.
Why is this facepalm worthy?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #394
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Iron Man 1 didn't make a billion so it had nothing to do with my post for a good reason. Mentioning it would have taken me off topic.

SpitCurl's post isn't going to survive the mods...

Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #395
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
No movie is perfect. Every movie has plotholes.

Anyways, I stopped by my Wal-Mart right now and there seems to be a high demand for all things Man Of Steel. Which means I better get my butt down to Wal-Mart very early on Saturday.
So true... And if plotholes would every time ruin movies for me, then the "BACK< TO THE FUTURE>" trilogy wouldn't be my all time favorites! It's not something I would ever need to think about. I honestly know that these films are the ones I've seen the most throughout my life. The style, the story, the charm, the magic, the actors and music. These films, plotholes or not, doesn't ruin anything for me. I'll LOVE them till the day I die.

(Had to get that out there, haha)

Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #396
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Obviously I meant to put Dead Man's Chest where I put At Worlds End. That was a big mistake in my post about billion dollar grossers. I didn't put the 4th one because I haven't seen it and don't want to. Just wanted to clarify.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #397
TheNextNolan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
So true... And if plotholes would every time ruin movies for me, then the "BACK< TO THE FUTURE>" trilogy wouldn't be my all time favorites! It's not something I would ever need to think about. I honestly know that these films are the ones I've seen the most throughout my life. The style, the story, the charm, the magic, the actors and music. These films, plotholes or not, doesn't ruin anything for me. I'll LOVE them till the day I die.

(Had to get that out there, haha)
Haha so true. My favorite film of all time is Goodfellas and even that has plot holes(though very little), but that doesn't stop me from loving it.

Quote:
Obviously I meant to put Dead Man's Chest where I put At Worlds End. That was a big mistake in my post about billion dollar grossers. I didn't put the 4th one because I haven't seen it and don't want to. Just wanted to clarify.
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. It's not a good movie by any means, but it's better than At World's End, imo.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #398
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Someone beat him to it. They're all up as far as I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
What happened with that? Oh well, I'm not bothered by it.

EDIT: seems they're all up.
Really? Hmm, I could have sworn that I remember reading on how there were still a few photos that hadn't made its way online, like a shot of young Clark and the bus.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #399
SpitCurl
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Iron Man 1 didn't make a billion so it had nothing to do with my post for a good reason. Mentioning it would have taken me off topic.

SpitCurl's post isn't going to survive the mods...
Iv'e seen worse get through just fine.

Anyway, to get back on topic (and to drop all the hyperbole), I think the movie will make a decent amount of money, be liked by a good majority of people but not by all, generate several new memes once all the new shots come out, and has a decent-but-not-guaranteed chance at a sequel.

Hmm-hmm. Yep.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #400
TheNextNolan22

Quote:
PLANO — Tickets for the June 13 premiere of the new Superman movie will go on sale Saturday morning here.
The sale starts at 8 a.m. at the Walmart Supercenter, 6800 W. Route 34 in Plano.
Dylan Sprayberry, who plays the role of young Clark Kent in the “Man of Steel” movie, will be on hand from 8 to 11 a.m. He not only will help sell tickets, but sign autographs and take photos.
Mayor Bob Hausler said he will be on hand about 9 a.m. with other city officials to make a presentation to Walmart.
Also, movie producer and distributor Warner Bros. will be donating a prop replica command key and a matted and framed print signed by “Man of Steel” Director Zack Snyder to the new Plano Superman Museum.
That museum will open later this summer in the Plano Train Depot, including artifacts from the Plano Historical Society.

In August, during the Plano Smallville Superfest, there will be another section opened for artifacts from the movie shooting, which took place last summer in town.
Eventually, officials hope to add general Superman artifacts to the museum.
Walmarts throughout the area as well as nationwide are selling tickets for the premiere June 13 in selected theaters. Among those selected are the WOW 7 theaters in Sandwich, which has tickets being sold at the Plano Walmart, and Goodrich 10 theaters in Oswego, which has tickets being sold by the Walmart in Oswego.
http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...-saturday.html

Closed Thread