The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 07-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #526
Roadkill
Not a Side-Kick

Default Re: ** Metal ** The Thread! II

Somewhat unclear where the dividing line is between metal and hard rock is but some bands I like include Black Sabbath, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Type O Negative, Tool, and Lacuna Coil.

Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #527
Ash J. Williams
Hail to the king

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejestergod6 View Post
Any black metal fans around?
I'm mostly into DSBM, which includes artists such as Thy Light, Wrath of the Weak, and Horrific Majesty.

My deviantART
My art thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Campbell
B movies won a long time ago; the A movies just don't know it yet.
Ash J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #528
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Yeah, it just came out last week.

I still haven't listened to it, but I'll get around to it. I've actually been diggin their new direction. I loved The Hunter and Crack the Sky. Not nearly as hard as their older stuff(which I love too), but they seem to be making a natural progression, instead of sounding like they're "selling out".
Yeah, they're basically a prog-rock band with metal tinges now, which is actually pretty okay with me. I loved The Hunter, and the new album was a grower for me. Not sure which one I like more now. Ever get around to listening to it?

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #529
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I guess this might be appropriate for this thread since Nightwish in considered symphonic metal. But anyways their longtime drummer is having issues with insomnia and hopefully the side effects are nothing serious to his physical well being.

http://loudwire.com/nightwish-drumme...onic-insomnia/

Sleep is a very necessary thing and to play a very demanding instrument on top of that, I'm just glad that Jukka is addressing this before it becomes a serious health risk, especially the wear and tear not getting rest can do to your heart muscle.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #530
Travesty
TEOL

I finally bought the new Mastodon album. I think it's really good. If you don't like The Hunter, I'm sure you won't like the new one, either. I've listened to it about 4-5 times, and it's pretty catchy.

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:43 AM   #531
Travesty
TEOL

Alright, since I've bought the new Mastodon, I've also been going back and listening to their older albums, and I can't get over how good The Hunter is. I think it's their best album to date. And don't get me wrong, their new one is amazing, but goddamn, The Hunter is on some weird level of awesomeness that I can't get over. Try not listening to Dry Bone Valley 3x in a row...I dare you!

Old 08-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #532
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Whaaaa...? There's a new Mastodon album already? Geez it feels like a year ago when The Hunter came out? Might have to check it out, only heard a little of The Hunter.

DeadPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #533
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Superman Prime; 08-22-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #534
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I guess this might be appropriate for this thread since Nightwish in considered symphonic metal. But anyways their longtime drummer is having issues with insomnia and hopefully the side effects are nothing serious to his physical well being.

http://loudwire.com/nightwish-drumme...onic-insomnia/

Sleep is a very necessary thing and to play a very demanding instrument on top of that, I'm just glad that Jukka is addressing this before it becomes a serious health risk, especially the wear and tear not getting rest can do to your heart muscle.
A talented man. Hope he can return later.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:29 AM   #535
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
A talented man. Hope he can return later.
I just feel for most drummers because the instrument is such a physically intense thing to master. You have to have a lot of energy to burn and sometimes even after you've played you have a hard time coming down from that adrenaline high. Sometimes drummers will turn to drugs to keep that energy going so they can make it through a set. It definitely is the instrument of healthy people with high energy and resilience, but it can wreak havoc on your body as you get older. I feel bad for poor Jukka. I mean he's been in Nightwish from the start but to have to bow out like this because you fear for your health is just awful.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #536
Ene
Unchain Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Nice surprise to see my favorite band in the thread ha.

If anybody here likes mdm, Scar Symmetry just released their first single from their new album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsF...1wE3IPq-PC-LQw

Ene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #537
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Slipknot is back. New album in October. They've released two songs from it thus far. I dig 'em. The drumming doesn't feel as tight without Jordison, but it still kicks ass. They're touring with Korn this fall. Probably skip out on that tour. Korn has disappointed me more than any other metal band out there.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #538
Rorschach2012
$

Korn is one of my all time favorites, but I haven't gotten into their recent stuff. Last album of theirs I loved was See You On The Other Side

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #539
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Whatever Korn is doing now feels like they're just going through the motions. Just feels off.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #540
Travesty
TEOL

I haven't listened to Slipknot in many, many years. I do enjoy the hell out of my Jim Root Tele, though. I used to really dig them. Do they still sound the same?

I don't think I've listened to Korn since I was 16-17 years old. Around the time Stained came out with that annoying song It's Been Awhile. That song was on repeat on everything you turned to.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #541
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Stain'd is so ****ing bland. Slipknot more or less sounds the same. Their last record was really great. They haven't mellowed out like a lot of bands tend to do. All That Remains comes to mind. Used to dig the **** outta them, but the last bunch of songs I heard out of them were these radio safe ballads, like the lame stuff Five Finger Death Punch puts out. They know a "heavy" ballad gets them rock radio airplay, so they write 50 of em.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #542
Rorschach2012
$

i just really got into Slipknot. i knew all their hits already but I overlooked the band for the longest time...
All Hope is Gone is an amazing album

Last edited by Rorschach2012; 08-27-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:04 AM   #543
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Alright, since I've bought the new Mastodon, I've also been going back and listening to their older albums, and I can't get over how good The Hunter is. I think it's their best album to date. And don't get me wrong, their new one is amazing, but goddamn, The Hunter is on some weird level of awesomeness that I can't get over. Try not listening to Dry Bone Valley 3x in a row...I dare you!
I don't know why "fans" hate that album. The songwriting is so strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Slipknot is back. New album in October. They've released two songs from it thus far. I dig 'em. The drumming doesn't feel as tight without Jordison, but it still kicks ass. They're touring with Korn this fall. Probably skip out on that tour. Korn has disappointed me more than any other metal band out there.
I watched some live videos from their last tour with Joey and he was sloppy as hell. Pretty much terrible. I can't wait to hear the full story for why he left or was kicked out.

I wonder if there's anything weird going on with Corey Taylor and Jim Root because Root is out of Stone Sour. But their House of Gold & Bones albums are fantastic.

I still really like Korn and Head's return with The Paradigm Shift is good. The Path of Totality is underrated; those songs are really catchy to me.

Last edited by Randal Graves; 09-01-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote