The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #176
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,061
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

there is no big deal. it's just you only have positive things to say about the tasm2, whenever someone raises a negative point, you try and dismiss it right away. i think you've even agreed with people when they have brought up flaws in spidey 1 and 2 so as to make tasm1 look better in comparison, or to at least show that all films are not perfect (the latter of which is fine).

i just kind of got a bit over you constantly defending tasm1, and i called you on it. it does seem to me like you like it soo much that you can't bear to let others say anything bad about it, without jumping in to argue otherwise. your high post count (which i assume is largely focused on spider-man threads) is perhaps testament to this.

spider-man 2 wasn't considered an average film though, that is kind of my point, consensus does count for something.

and you say you only care about your opinion, and no one else's. you said you couldnt care less. yet when people agree with you, you reply with a thumbs up and or a thankyou. it seems like you really do want people to like it as much as you do.

that's if you even do like tasm1 as much as you think you do. your list of top comic book movies is largely in line with what i would rate them, yet you don't (i dont think) defend batman begins etc like you do tasm1.

could it be that you just love spider-man so much that you can't handle a big budget feature film starring him as somewhat of a letdown?

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #177
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,061
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

i've said previously that i hope gwen and peter date in secret, so as to keep the promise somewhat kept. it would be a compromise from staying away from her like cap. stacy wanted, but i would be fine with it. it would make sense; if no one knows they are dating, then a villain who finds out who peter is can't use gwen to hurt him.

yet if they just carry on dating in public, with peter occasionally moping a line about how dangerous it is, then i find the promise to be ignored. responsible people keep promises imo, especially valid ones.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #178
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,061
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

and to all those saying that peter did learn WGPCGR, this is not what picard sisko was saying. he said that peter would learn this over the next two films as well. this is most likely true, and is consistent with what happens in tasm1. so we agree on what we saw play out on screen.

i just said i'd prefer it if it had been done in 1 movie. found the bond comparison wanting, aaand here we are.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #179
Fox
Side-Kick
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 315
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
That link is also full of a lot of stupid stuff.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Truly.

Quote:
It compares SM3 and ASM for starters
Yes. True. Because as I stated in my first post, (which can be found here http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2012/1...e-look-or.html) the entire premise of my 'spider-movie' series was essentially "I think TASM is the best Spider-man Movie yet." I then proceeded to compare it to the Raimi trilogy so as to state my case, and Spider-man 3 was a part of that comparison, yes.

That said, I primarily compared TASM to the first two Raimi films because they are universally held to be the better two. I simply included SM3 to show the strucural set up for the first two films didn't leave much room for a satisfying finale.

Quote:
which is about the dumbest argument for ASM I have ever seen.
Again. If my argument was "TASM rocked becaus SM3 sucked" then you would have a point, but that wasn't my point. Which means you obviously didn't read or remember my post very well.

Quote:
I should compare SM2 against ASM if that were the case. SM2 beats ASM hands down any day of the week over and over and over.
Actually,, I did compare TASM to SM2 whenever it was applicaple. Typically however, the most comparisons came between SM and TASM because both are origin films about the same character and therefore have the most comparative value.

And while I respect your opinion, I disagree that SM2 is a better film than TASM.

Fox is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #180
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 67,654
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
That said, I primarily compared TASM to the first two Raimi films because they are universally held to be the better two. I simply included SM3 to show the strucural set up for the first two films didn't leave much room for a satisfying finale.
1. It was not meant to be a finale
2. You can still hold a train wreck and make a work of art if you have the skill and the right tools

So I will respectfully disagree with this point

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #181
Fox
Side-Kick
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 315
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

1. Well SM3 was meant to wrap up certain story arcs which had been set up by the first film, (ie, the Harry Osborn plot). So it was still valid for me to touch upon in my blog.
2. Sure you can, but it becomes increasingly more difficult, and it doesn't change the fact that SM3 kinda sucked (at least in my opinion). Had there been better planning in the first two PERHAPS SM3 would have been more on par with its predecessors.

Still though, as far as my blog is concerned, I wasn't specifically comparing TASM to SM3, but rather Raimi's work as a whole.

For that matter, I make multiple comparisons based on different categories in each 'chapter' of my series. I only ever brought in the sequels when I felt the comparisons were valid. As I said, the major comparisons were with the first film. Therefore Chaseter calling my arguments 'stupid' and 'dumb' (or rather 'the dumbest') seems a bit uncalled for since his reasonings were that I didn't 100% exclude any mention of SM3.

Disagree with me all you want, but at least make sure you have an understanding of the argument before proceeding with the name calling; was my point.

Fox is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #182
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 67,654
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Don't worry about me name calling, I want to avoid that so bad
Let's hope the sequels to this reboot prove to build up and give a nice closure to an arc

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #183
Fox
Side-Kick
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 315
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Agreed. On both counts.

Admittedly, I am slightly concerned about the number of new characters in TASM2, but for the time being I remain optimistic.

Fox is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #184
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,403
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

I didn't like the crane scene for several reasons:

1) It felt like it was put there just because they had some rule in a book that said every Spider-Man film has to have a helpfull citiziens scene.

2) The "Dis is AMERICUUUUH!!" view of the American flag...ugh! It's one thing to have the flag in the background on a building or something but this was way too much in your face.

3) The crane's happend to be perfectly lined up from Peter to Oscorp, it felt pretty random.

Oscorp is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #185
SpideyFan866
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I didn't like the crane scene for several reasons:

1) It felt like it was put there just because they had some rule in a book that said every Spider-Man film has to have a helpfull citiziens scene.

2) The "Dis is AMERICUUUUH!!" view of the American flag...ugh! It's one thing to have the flag in the background on a building or something but this was way too much in your face.

3) The crane's happend to be perfectly lined up from Peter to Oscorp, it felt pretty random.
I can agree that, for these reasons, the crane scene is cheesy as ****.

However, I still excites me and I can still get into it. Other than the set up, it's still a great scene.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #186
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 13,754
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

The crane scene felt very forced on my first viewing but after the third or fourth it didn't seem to bother me as much, the american flag bit should of been left out, that was shoved down our throats enough in the Raimi series.

__________________
T H E E P I C F I L M G U Y S P O D C A S T
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #187
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
there is no big deal. it's just you only have positive things to say about the tasm2, whenever someone raises a negative point, you try and dismiss it right away. i think you've even agreed with people when they have brought up flaws in spidey 1 and 2 so as to make tasm1 look better in comparison, or to at least show that all films are not perfect (the latter of which is fine).

i just kind of got a bit over you constantly defending tasm1, and i called you on it. it does seem to me like you like it soo much that you can't bear to let others say anything bad about it, without jumping in to argue otherwise. your high post count (which i assume is largely focused on spider-man threads) is perhaps testament to this.

spider-man 2 wasn't considered an average film though, that is kind of my point, consensus does count for something.

and you say you only care about your opinion, and no one else's. you said you couldnt care less. yet when people agree with you, you reply with a thumbs up and or a thankyou. it seems like you really do want people to like it as much as you do.

that's if you even do like tasm1 as much as you think you do. your list of top comic book movies is largely in line with what i would rate them, yet you don't (i dont think) defend batman begins etc like you do tasm1.

could it be that you just love spider-man so much that you can't handle a big budget feature film starring him as somewhat of a letdown?
Please learn how to write sentences before you go on a long rant on a message board. Its really hard to read what you write.

YOU are making this into a big deal. I can defend TASM as much as I want to, just as other members go out of their way to insult and criticize it every time it comes up. If you don't like how I agree with others with "thank you" and " " then keep scrolling and don't look at my post.

"could it be that you just love spider-man so much that you can't handle a big budget feature film starring him as somewhat of a letdown?"

Seriously, what is wrong with you? This statement is so ignorant of who I am. I HATE Spider-Man 3, but that doesn't count for anything I suppose. I didn't find TASM movie a letdown... GET OVER IT. ITS MY OPINION! Find something else to do other than challenge me because I really enjoyed TASM.

I am a bigger Spider-Man fan, hence the reason why I am on the Spider-Man boards. I am not going to sit here talking about Batman Begins and defending that... why is that even relevant here?

When I say I don't care about others' opinions, I mean that they won't influence my ratings for a movie. As I said earlier, I can give a thumbs up to anyone else I agree with. Next time I do that, I'll think of you and add a few more thumbs up in one message.

You absolutely fail at getting your point across, so stop trying... PLEASE.

Let's move on, thank you.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #188
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
The crane scene felt very forced on my first viewing but after the third or fourth it didn't seem to bother me as much, the american flag bit should of been left out, that was shoved down our throats enough in the Raimi series.
The flags made sense in SM1 after the 9/11 attacks, but why was it there in the rest of the movies?

When did they appear in SM2? For some reason I can't remember...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #189
SpideyFan866
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
The flags made sense in SM1 after the 9/11 attacks, but why was it there in the rest of the movies?

When did they appear in SM2? For some reason I can't remember...
I don't think it did in SM2.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #190
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

I didn't even notice the American flag the first time I watched the film.

__________________
OSCORP INDUSTRIES I.D.
Joshua Hunt
Codename:
Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics


Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #191
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 13,754
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

It did show up in 3 I'm 100% positive but its been a long time, I only watched it once.

__________________
T H E E P I C F I L M G U Y S P O D C A S T
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #192
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 20,406
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
It did show up in 3 I'm 100% positive but its been a long time, I only watched it once.
yes spiderman lands right infront of the flag as the crowd cheer


__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Manage Your Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #193
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

I've never understood the hate for the American flag in Spidey movies. The films take place in NYC...there's American flags all over the place.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #194
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 67,654
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I've never understood the hate for the American flag in Spidey movies. The films take place in NYC...there's American flags all over the place.
Sadly, what he said

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #195
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,403
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I've never understood the hate for the American flag in Spidey movies. The films take place in NYC...there's American flags all over the place.
It's more the way it becomes the focus of the clip. They make it seem as if heroism and goodness is typical American (which I, on a personal note, find very ironic given some of the laws and weapon mentality over there).

Patriotism belongs to Superman and Captain America, not Spider-Man who's more of an everyman's hero.

It's one thing to have flags in the background since, as you say, it takes place in NYC. But to hit it at your face for a very obvious purpose is another.

Oscorp is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #196
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
It's more the way it becomes the focus of the clip. They make it seem as if heroism and goodness is typical American (which I, on a personal note, find very ironic given some of the laws and weapon mentality over there).

Patriotism belongs to Superman and Captain America, not Spider-Man who's more of an everyman's hero.

It's one thing to have flags in the background since, as you say, it takes place in NYC. But to hit it at your face for a very obvious purpose is another.
Wait. What? You mean as an American, I'm not a hero?! lol j/k

Honestly, I never really noticed the use of the flag in any of the movies until people started pointing them out and complaining about them. Maybe it's because I am an American that I'm just used to seeing it.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #197
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Well, when Spidey's essentially Superman + Batman I don't find it all that odd that he's also a semi-American hero.

__________________
OSCORP INDUSTRIES I.D.
Joshua Hunt
Codename:
Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics


Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #198
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,016
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I've never understood the hate for the American flag in Spidey movies. The films take place in NYC...there's American flags all over the place.
It's forced. I didn't even mind the first two times, because it felt natural when when he was swinging around, landing on a flag pole and then swung towards the camera. But in part 3, instead of swinging all the way to the construction site, he basically makes a pit stop on the roof, so he can strut for a couple seconds past a giant, unbelievably fake looking flag, to invoke some sense of patriotism. All that was missing was him yelling " 'MURICA!"

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #199
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,403
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Wait. What? You mean as an American, I'm not a hero?! lol j/k

Honestly, I never really noticed the use of the flag in any of the movies until people started pointing them out and complaining about them. Maybe it's because I am an American that I'm just used to seeing it.
Haha! Joking aside, you are a hero! But there are heroes everywhere in the world, which is what I mean when saying it's not a typical American thing. It feels pretty ignorant when some Americans try to make it seem that way.

Oscorp is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #200
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's forced. I didn't even mind the first two times, because it felt natural when when he was swinging around, landing on a flag pole and then swung towards the camera. But in part 3, instead of swinging all the way to the construction site, he basically makes a pit stop on the roof, so he can strut for a couple seconds past a giant, unbelievably fake looking flag, to invoke some sense of patriotism. All that was missing was him yelling " 'MURICA!"
Never felt forced to me. And although I think you may have a point with the flag being shown in SM3, there is already so much wrong with that movie, the flag never even registered into my thought process.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.