The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #201
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Haha! Joking aside, you are a hero! But there are heroes everywhere in the world, which is what I mean when saying it's not a typical American thing. It feels pretty ignorant when some Americans try to make it seem that way.
Hmmm. Never really thought about it to be honest but you make a good point. Spider-man is supposed to be the every-man and since anyone could be the masked hero, someone living in another country might take it the wrong way seeing an American flag all the time.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #202
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 67,654
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
It's more the way it becomes the focus of the clip. They make it seem as if heroism and goodness is typical American (which I, on a personal note, find very ironic given some of the laws and weapon mentality over there).

Patriotism belongs to Superman and Captain America, not Spider-Man who's more of an everyman's hero.

It's one thing to have flags in the background since, as you say, it takes place in NYC. But to hit it at your face for a very obvious purpose is another.
True
Spider-Man does not hold the flag or do anything like it
Captain America might be the most American of the superheroes, he doesn't hold to the flag everytime

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #203
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,022
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Haha! Joking aside, you are a hero! But there are heroes everywhere in the world, which is what I mean when saying it's not a typical American thing. It feels pretty ignorant when some Americans try to make it seem that way.
That's also a reason I had a problem with it. It came across like it's an American thing to be a hero. He saw his girl in trouble and came to her rescue. It's not a pure American thing, and you don't need to be a patriot to do the right thing.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #204
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,529
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Source?

9/11 did affect the production of Spider-Man 1 in many ways (such as the cutting of the twin towers sequence). I always assumed that it was supposed to be the BIG reveal of Spider-Man, but it was trashed after 9/11 and it just cuts to him being Spider-Man.

Lots of things changed about the movie. Not that this is really relevant, just a fun fact, but originally, they shot and filmed Peter making web shooters...

Pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztdYoGYtCEk
The fact that all the filming was actually done in early 2001. Heck, like you said, there were trailers released before 9/11 that featured the WTC.

The only things they did say they removed were all the shots of the WTC. Including a scene where a helicopter gets caught in a giant web spun between the two towers. They didn't say anything else.

__________________
How I rate movies:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5&postcount=14
Shikamaru is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #205
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,529
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
i've said previously that i hope gwen and peter date in secret, so as to keep the promise somewhat kept. it would be a compromise from staying away from her like cap. stacy wanted, but i would be fine with it. it would make sense; if no one knows they are dating, then a villain who finds out who peter is can't use gwen to hurt him.

yet if they just carry on dating in public, with peter occasionally moping a line about how dangerous it is, then i find the promise to be ignored. responsible people keep promises imo, especially valid ones.
Why should he keep the promise to begin with though? Like I said, he doesn't have to keep it because Gwen's overprotective dad has no right to interfere in Gwen's life like that. I gave the example of your mom's last words to your girlfriend in my last post. If Peter and Gwen are happy together, they deserve to be happy together and that includes being open to the public about that.

The message he will learn after Gwen's death has more to do with how he cannot let anyone get too close to him or else they will die. It's similar to the responsibility message he learns after Uncle Ben's death but it's not the same message. Peter has already learned WGPCGR by the end of the first movie. What he will learn in TASM 2 or 3 after Gwen's death is that not only he must use his great power to protect the people of NYC against criminals but he also has to keep the ones close to him away from him to an extent in order to protect them. That's something the Spider-Man of the comics didn't fully realize even after Ben's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
iand to all those saying that peter did learn WGPCGR, this is not what picard sisko was saying. he said that peter would learn this over the next two films as well. this is most likely true, and is consistent with what happens in tasm1. so we agree on what we saw play out on screen.

i just said i'd prefer it if it had been done in 1 movie. found the bond comparison wanting, aaand here we are.
And I told you that it was done in one movie and that both you and Picard are wrong that it will take him 3 movies to learn that.

__________________
How I rate movies:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5&postcount=14
Shikamaru is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #206
Nicko-Ray
"Huh, that was awesome!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,476
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Any of you guys know if they'd shoot on President's Day??
Would we get a Day 11 today or tomorrow?

Nicko-Ray is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #207
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 20,444
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AN LEGEND View Post
Regarding Peter and Gwen dating in secret... that doesn't make any sense. Who would they be hiding it from? Capt Stacy only said that because he knew Peter was Spider-Man... I doubt Gwen shared that info with anyone else, and I doubt Peter told anyone that his girl's pops said he couldn't date her. So...
that is very true

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Manage Your Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #208
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I'm posting it several times because I really do feel like it has a strong argument, and hoping that more members here read it. Seems like Ultra Nolanite was just enlightened by it. I can keep posting the same site link, doesn't mean you have to click on it.
Don't worry, I don't click on it, but it's just all an opinion that holds no truth to it, and I think it's only something that does give an opinion to only make the film sound better than what it is.

Quote:
As for this new franchise, I feel like TASM trilogy is going to be Spider-Man's origin. Sort of like what they do with James Bond in the Daniel Craig films (Casino Royale + Quantum, and Skyfall), where everything comes full circle by the end of the series. Not necessarily the end of the franchise. But by TASM3, Gwen will probably die, he will catch his Uncle Ben's killer, put an end to Oscorp and Norman Osborn, and truly understand what responsibility means.
Can we really bring up Skyfall though as the full circle part of Bond's origin, or even in comparing to whatever Webb is trying to accomplish with his Spidey films?

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #209
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Anno, you make it sound as if the way the writer portrayed the film isn't how he feels about it.

__________________
OSCORP INDUSTRIES I.D.
Joshua Hunt
Codename:
Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics


Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #210
SpideyFan92
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 306
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

It's been a couple of days since Webb posted an image. Maybe it's not a daily thing after all or maybe he thinks he teased a lot already and that he might release the full suit teaser later in March
Or maybe the Electro suit.

SpideyFan92 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #211
Marvel Spider
Ready for Homecoming
 
Marvel Spider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 10,052
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

They don't film on weekends.

Marvel Spider is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #212
White_Knight191
Side-Kick
 
White_Knight191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,751
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Indeed, we will probably get a new picture from Webb in a couple hours. Well, I hope so

White_Knight191 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #213
SpideyFan92
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 306
Doh Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
They don't film on weekends.
Ohh..
I didn't know that..

SpideyFan92 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #214
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Anno, you make it sound as if the way the writer portrayed the film isn't how he feels about it.
The writer definitely portrayed the film with how he feels and views it, but what I'm saying is that it could definitely be the ways the actual writers of the film and the director DOESN'T view the film.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #215
SpideyFan92
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 306
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Imagine if Norman Osborn was dead all along and then at the end of the movie they show that it was Chameleon all along who took the shape of Norman and killed Gwen. That would be a "shocker"..maybe in a good way or some may hate it i.e die hard comic fans

SpideyFan92 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #216
Fox
Side-Kick
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 315
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Don't worry, I don't click on it, but it's just all an opinion that holds no truth to it, and I think it's only something that does give an opinion to only make the film sound better than what it is.
So, what exactly are you implying? That I wrote an 8-part critical analysis, comparing the spider-man films, (which highlight why I believe TASM to be a superior film) even thought I didn't actually believe it?

Also; How does my opinion "hold no truth to it"? It holds plenty of truth to me, thank you very much. Remember that we aren't exactly discussing opinions about scientifically proven things, ie The world being round, or whether or not we breath air. We're talking about comic book movies, in which every person's opinion is subjective. We can state facts about story structure, plot details, acting performances, and cinematography, all day long. But none of it determines who's opinion of what is preferable/better is objectively 'right' or 'wrong'.

Whether you agree with my final opinion or not...

A) It is one that I absolutely believe. and I DID NOT write it just so I could 'fool' people into thinking the film "is better than what it is". Because I honestly felt and thought that TASM was better.

and

B) I've made a lot of good points on my blog. If you don't want to read 8 entries of something that challenges your opinion because you don't have time/don't feel like it, then fine. I can't really hold that against you. But don't dismiss an argument simply because you haven't read it. And for that matter, don't dismiss an argument you HAVE read simply because you disagree.

We all listen to what you have to say, after all.

Fox is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #217
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1



How the hell are people seeing that I said anything about the writer NOT believing what they say? Hence why I said "an opinion" as people usually believe their opinions, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #218
Fox
Side-Kick
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 315
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post


How the hell are people seeing that I said anything about the writer NOT believing what they say? Hence why I said "an opinion" as people usually believe their opinions, lol.
Because you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Don't worry, I don't click on it, but it's just all an opinion that holds no truth to it, and I think it's only something that does give an opinion to only make the film sound better than what it is.
Which implies that the ONLY reason I wrote the blog was to (for some reason) provide 'false' propaganda to unfairly bolster the film's reputation.

In fact I merely saw a film that I REALLY liked, and upon thinking it over for some time decided to write about it.

And yes, you keep using the word 'opinion', but then you say that my "opinion holds no truth", which seems to indicate that you believe that my prefrences are somehow wrong simply because they are different than yours.

Fox is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #219
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Just ignore him, Fox.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #220
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,061
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AN LEGEND View Post
Regarding Peter and Gwen dating in secret... that doesn't make any sense. Who would they be hiding it from? Capt Stacy only said that because he knew Peter was Spider-Man... I doubt Gwen shared that info with anyone else, and I doubt Peter told anyone that his girl's pops said he couldn't date her. So...
it is a contingency of sorts, so if someone does find out who peter is, they can't immediately connect him to gwen.

not everything has to be reactive to something else, people can plan for the future in order to prepare for certain scenarios. dating in secret would be a way for peter to have his cake and eat it too.

imagine, for arguments sake, that electro finds out who spider-man is because he leaves a labelled camera behind after a fight; electro could then easily find out who peter is dating, along with other facts about him, and use it to hurt parker.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #221
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,529
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
it is a contingency of sorts, so if someone does find out who peter is, they can't immediately connect him to gwen.

not everything has to be reactive to something else, people can plan for the future in order to prepare for certain scenarios. dating in secret would be a way for peter to have his cake and eat it too.

imagine, for arguments sake, that electro finds out who spider-man is because he leaves a labelled camera behind after a fight; electro could then easily find out who peter is dating, along with other facts about him, and use it to hurt parker.
The theoretical chances of someone finding out Peter is Spider-Man are so low that it wouldn't be worth it to date in secret. That is a very realistic assumption. Of course that there will be more people that find out who he is (Norman Osborn) and people who might as well know already who he is (man in shadows) but Peter has no way of knowing these things. Only us as the viewers are able to see the dangers.

And that is if he can be found in the first place. Unless the villain knows Peter Parker personally, it would be really hard to track him down.

__________________
How I rate movies:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5&postcount=14

Last edited by Shikamaru; 02-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Shikamaru is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #222
Supa
Side-Kick
 
Supa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 701
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
it is a contingency of sorts, so if someone does find out who peter is, they can't immediately connect him to gwen.

not everything has to be reactive to something else, people can plan for the future in order to prepare for certain scenarios. dating in secret would be a way for peter to have his cake and eat it too.

imagine, for arguments sake, that electro finds out who spider-man is because he leaves a labelled camera behind after a fight; electro could then easily find out who peter is dating, along with other facts about him, and use it to hurt parker.
How would he even know who Gwen is? Unless Peter and Gwen post about dating on Facebook or something, or he just stalks Peter for several hours, he has no way of knowing. And Peter is apparently trying to stay away from Gwen, maybe. Electro would be just as likely to attack Aunt May.
Besides, with almost 8 million people, there's probably other Peter Parkers.
Unless they go changing who Electro is, then he really has no connection to Peter, and no reason to go after Gwen. And I hope he doesn't. We don't need a constant damsel in distress in these movies.

Supa is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #223
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,529
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

Any other hardcore Spidey fans disturbed by the idea that Spidey might be beaten critically in 2014 by another Marvel property? I kinda am.

2014 is an all Marvel competition - Spidey, X-Men, Captain America, and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Nothing from DC or anyone else. Since Spidey is Marvel's #1 character and the only character they have that is able to rival guys like Batman and Superman in iconic image, I think it will be pretty embarrassing for him if he doesn't have the best comic book movie of 2014 when it is an all Marvel competition. I may sound like a fanboy but any of the 3 other Marvel movies beating Spidey either financially or critically will make Spidey look bad IMO.

I'm not too worried about Spidey financially but I am worried about him critically. I think Days of Future Past has a chance of beating Spidey in that department. Based on most of the stuff I heard, it sounds like the most ambitious X-Men movie to date. You have the Sentinels and you have people like Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Hugh Jackman coming back. I fear it may give TASM 2 some competition (not too worried about Cap or the Guardians though).

__________________
How I rate movies:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5&postcount=14
Shikamaru is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #224
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

I dunno, I'd be more worried about Winter Soldier than X-Men simply because of any fame given to Cap Am from the Avengers.

__________________
OSCORP INDUSTRIES I.D.
Joshua Hunt
Codename:
Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics


Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #225
GENERAL RAAM582
A Rebellion Built on Hope
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 12,526
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 1

I'm not too worried about X-Men because Singer is back and he has a good handle on this things. He can't be blamed for X3 or Origins after all.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.