Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #251
The Morningstar
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
DC Entertainment is doing The Man of Steel, the Dark Knight Rises, Wonder-Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern 2, Green Lantern 3 and Justice League of America.

It's quite a lot.
My ass. Wonder Woman will not see the light of day. Neither will Aquaman. I doubt JLA will either.

If GL bombs then you can wave goodbye to sequels and The Flash also.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #252
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Yeah, realistically, DC has Man of Steel, DKR, and Green Lantern...

Thas it.

But Marvel also only has Captain America, Avengers, and Iron Man 3 currently in the works

so its a draw

Old 05-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #253
Iceman
Infinity War!

It's not a competition to begin with. Any of the films succeeding is great news for all the others. Just wish DC could create a universe like Marvel are trying to do. Avengers will hopefully be a big step forward. Just a shame that Marvel are slightly handicapped while some of their biggest other properties are unfortunately outside their control

Old 05-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #254
The Morningstar
Banned User

I want DC to do a Captain Marvel film dammit!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #255
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

If GL bombs or doesn't do stellar numbers, I doubt there will be a sequel. I can't see Flash doing big numbers, no matter how well it's done. Aquaman is less interesting than Namor to me, but both are extremely hard sells. I don't think Wonder Woman will be made either. It's taken them so long to develop that project. With the pilot not being picked up, her viability as a commodity may be in question.

Posturing about what films either company is developing is useless, though. So much can change. Plenty of in-development projects don't see the light of day. We do know one thing, and it's Marvel (for better or worse) has had more of its characters made into film properties.

Keeping this thread on topic, I wonder how much of an Avengers presence will be at San Diego Comic-Con this summer. The movie will have been shooting for several months, so there's plenty of time for them to cut together a scene(s) or teaser trailer. I think a single scene (even partial) and some random shots would suffice. I wonder how much will be revealed (Cap's costume, Hulk's look, Iron Man's armor).

Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #256
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Yeah, DC/WB has a lot riding on GL. I really hope it's a hit. If it isn't then, it's pretty much a confirmation that the only DC movies we'll be seeing are more Superman and Batman installments, along with a few more cheap, craptastic adaptations of non-superhero stuff like Jonah Hex and The Losers.

But if GL is well-received by critics and fans and rakes in some huge dough... I think there's a chance we could see the DC universe explode onto the big screen the way the Marvel universe currently is. Here's to hoping.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #257
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

DC, at the top, is a heavyweight and has arguably the most iconic two properties in comics period. Batman and Superman.

Problem is that past that, DC has a BIG drop off and their depth is very weak. Marvel has MUCH more viable players on their bench that can be brought into the game.

DC's starters can hang with anyone, but Marvel's bench is far superior.

Of course I don't see it as a contest either. Many don't even know who owns what property. Comic book movies doing well is good for all of them.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #258
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Talon View Post
Keeping this thread on topic, I wonder how much of an Avengers presence will be at San Diego Comic-Con this summer. The movie will have been shooting for several months, so there's plenty of time for them to cut together a scene(s) or teaser trailer. I think a single scene (even partial) and some random shots would suffice. I wonder how much will be revealed (Cap's costume, Hulk's look, Iron Man's armor).
Without any kind of doubt, I can proudly say, that there will be a big presence of the Avengers at SDCC'11. Just wait till you see all the goodies & other stuff) It's going to be massive!

"There’s a punk rock quality to Peter Parker that’s really irreverent and fun and that’s something that Andrew embodies in a way that we haven’t seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or there’s a darker projection, but we’re very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 05-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #259
Iceman
Infinity War!

It's going to take a lot of planning & commitment on DC/WB's side. Big solo successes alone are not enough as you end up with a load of potentially great films with directors and actors who have no intention or contractual obligation to cater towards the DC universe.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #260
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

The anti-Flash sentiments in this thread depress me a little.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #261
Tony Starkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
Without any kind of doubt, I can proudly say, that there will be a big presence of the Avengers at SDCC'11. Just wait till you see all the goodies & other stuff) It's going to be massive!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #262
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I want to see a Flash movie. But not if it's about Barry Allen.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #263
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Quote:
oh RIM, you tease, you....

can we start calling these anticipation-building posts 'RIM jobs'??

Old 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #264
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Yess, and that should give Cap a boost as well hopefully.

Twitter- @mrpink13
Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #265
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post

Heh, good one. RIM, can you tell us if they'll unveil the new Cap suit before TFA comes out?

Twitter- @mrpink13
Old 05-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #266
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post

Lol)

"There’s a punk rock quality to Peter Parker that’s really irreverent and fun and that’s something that Andrew embodies in a way that we haven’t seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or there’s a darker projection, but we’re very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 05-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #267
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Heh, good one. RIM, can you tell us if they'll unveil the new Cap suit before TFA comes out?
Only if Marvel/Disney decides to post some official set pics or movie stills. Or it will be revealed on Expo in June or SDCC'11 in July. In other case, it may be revealed by some lucky paparazzi, who managed to spot Evans on set in his new costume.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #268
SuperSAINT
Where's Chewy gone?

I know every comic-con is massive, but this year is going to be possibly the biggest ever, when you consider what's going to be on show...

Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #269
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
I know every comic-con is massive, but this year is going to be possibly the biggest ever, when you consider what's going to be on show...
Yea, DC/WB is gonna have a load of TDKR and Man of Steel stuff. Marvel/Disney is gonna have the Avengers and maybe some other surprises. They'll be trying to outdo each other, which can only mean good things for the fans.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #270
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Hell yes! The Avengers, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider 2 & possibly some exclusive info on Iron Man 3's development & other future Marvel Studios installments.

From DC, it's only Batman & Superman. Oh, and Sherlock Holmes 2 should be presented by Guy Ritchie & RDJ too) So, total fun!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #271
SuperSAINT
Where's Chewy gone?

Quote:
Hell yes! The Avengers, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider 2 & possibly some exclusive info on Iron Man 3's development & other future Marvel Studios installments.

From DC, it's only Batman & Superman. Oh, and Sherlock Holmes 2 should be presented by Guy Ritchie & RDJ too) So, total fun!
*Only* Batman & Superman

The Hobbit might make an appearance, too?

2012 can't come soon enough!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #272
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Yep. When I was watching footage of the panels from SDCC last year as they happened, I couldn't help thinking, "damn, imagine what this will be like next year." Batman, Superman, Spider-man & The Avengers? I just don't think it gets bigger than that. July cannot get here soon enough...for a number of movie-related reasons, actually.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 05-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #273
DieSmiling
Can't Be Stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
My ass. Wonder Woman will not see the light of day. Neither will Aquaman. I doubt JLA will either.

If GL bombs then you can wave goodbye to sequels and The Flash also.
I think Wonder Woman and Aquaman could happen, but are probably far off and dependant on the success of GL and Flash movies. I mean, if DC superhero films (Bats, Supes, GL, Flash) develop into consistently successful properties, they'll eventually gamble on a female superhero and a superhero perceived as lame.

Really, the future of DC properties not named Batman or Superman all heavily depend on the success of GL. We really need it to be a hit.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #274
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I want to see a Flash movie. But not if it's about Barry Allen.
I'll see it no matter what Flash it is to be honest; love Wally as I grew up with him [from 1987 to present - man, the crap Mike Baron put him through in those early days] but I've also got a soft spot for Barry as Flash #323 was the 1st American comic ever bought for me (at the tender age of six no less); seem to recall enjoying the tv show, and that was Barry Allen also................

Old 05-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #275
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSmiling View Post
I think Wonder Woman and Aquaman could happen, but are probably far off and dependant on the success of GL and Flash movies. I mean, if DC superhero films (Bats, Supes, GL, Flash) develop into consistently successful properties, they'll eventually gamble on a female superhero and a superhero perceived as lame.

Really, the future of DC properties not named Batman or Superman all heavily depend on the success of GL. We really need it to be a hit.
Totally, although one would assume that DC would look at the success of Thor and think that WW may just work if they keep some of the mythological aspects in [as opposed to being ashamed of them].