The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old 04-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #126
Guts
Gul

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbg View Post
One amusing thing I did notice on the show that they really should have fixed is, why would a billionaire have a 17" CRT TV in his house?
Same reason the cops use typewriters and drive around in cars from the 80s. It's the style of the show.

Guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #127
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Gotham's timeline is supposed to be timeless according to the creators, so they put in stuff from different eras.

DC Fans: "We need warriors.."

*SkullDevil raises his hand and fights for truth, justice and the PM way.*
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #128
dark_knight08
December 20, 2019

I agree with GothamHub on Twitter "You can always count on GOTHAM for a thrilling episode each week! And they just keep getting better and better."

dark_knight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #129
herolee10
No More Miracles

Really the only thing that doesn't seem to fit in this noir like world is Bruce's car, which looks like something that you would find in today's world only.

So Gotham pretty much has all of Batman's major foes running amuck but Gordon and the GCPD are doing fine without an actual Batman.

So what would be the point of this Bruce becoming Batman if the city doesn't need him anymore?

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #130
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Eh, come around the last three episodes and we'll see if the GCPD will be handling things well.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #131
Pennywise
Side-Kick

I think all Hell will break loose when Jeremiah returns!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #132
Guts
Gul

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Really the only thing that doesn't seem to fit in this noir like world is Bruce's car, which looks like something that you would find in today's world only.

So Gotham pretty much has all of Batman's major foes running amuck but Gordon and the GCPD are doing fine without an actual Batman.

So what would be the point of this Bruce becoming Batman if the city doesn't need him anymore?
The word that tv tropes has for it is anachronism stew. They probably got the inspiration to do it from the Burton/Schumacher movies and the animated series.

Guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #133
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:

They're not doing fine. This past episode only ended as well as it did for everyone because another villain helped, Jerome let himself die and Bruce and Jeremiah got involved. Last season, the virus was released, resulting in mass panic, which was only stopped by Jim on crazy virus cutting Jervis Tetch's throat because he didn't have time to escape with him and the court of owls was killed by the LOA. and in s2 despite stopping a bomb, all the monsters escaped. Bruce was the one to actually stop Jerome and prevent his escape last season too, after Jerome destroyed the city's power center and incited a riot. So far the police have been fairly not able to hold their own much. Crazy Lee is the one who stopped Sofia and saved Jim. Sofia is the one who killed Professor Pig. Ra's was only arrested because he wanted to be too.

fan4stic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #134
KevTravels
Side-Kick

so why isn't Cameron Monaghan a series regular? His performances are among the best thing the show has going.

I'm quite amazed he finds the time to do this and Shameless.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:25 AM   #135
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

He isn't a series regular because he's working on other shows (particularly Shameless) at the moment.

I like that though. Makes his appearances all the more enjoyable and worth the hype.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #136
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
so why isn't Cameron Monaghan a series regular? His performances are among the best thing the show has going.

I'm quite amazed he finds the time to do this and Shameless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post
He isn't a series regular because he's working on other shows (particularly Shameless) at the moment.

I like that though. Makes his appearances all the more enjoyable and worth the hype.
I think that whether an actor is regular or guest depend on their contract (agent), not necessarily the number of episodes they appear in. Nicholas D'Agosto was credited as recurring in season 1 and regular in season 2, but he appeared in 3 episodes of each season. (Though they MIGHT have credited him as regular but then found that his character wasn't necessary).

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #137
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:

Honestly it feels like the GCPD and Gordon are barely holding things together, especially seeing that most of the Legion of Horrible is still free, Jim usually had to call on the mafia and Penguin whenever he needed help, and how the only way for saving people have been last minute saves(4×16 is particularly bold point of this).

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #138
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

http://gotham-daily.tumblr.com/post/172992011198

Old 04-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #139
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Finally, after multiple seasons of waiting, it seemed like Gotham had introduced the one Batman villain everyone had been waiting for: The Joker. With Jerome's tragic death, to the transition of madness to his twin brother Jeremiah (both played by Cameron Monaghan) the One Bad Day legend had been fulfilled, and Gotham City's Crown Prince of Crime had been born.

Well, at least that's what we all thought. Despite all of the obvious references to the iconic villain, and the Killing Joke pose that ended last week's episode, this newly-insane man is still going to be known as simply Jeremiah Valeska.

ComicBook.com spoke exclusively with Gotham executive producer Danny Cannon to get some clarification about Jeremiah's role. When we asked him whether or not the character would actually be referred to as "The Joker," this is what he had to say:

"I don't think so, no," Cannon confirmed. "This is an origin show about the beginnings of everything, therefore we just wanted to do the beginnings of why. When we first did the pilot, we were trying to create a world where someone like Batman would be necessary, and that's what we've done these last four years. If you want to survive as a villain in Gotham, you've got to think big.

"We just wanted to really make an origin story of not just one character at a time, and how they got made, but why things get so out of hand in Gotham, and where criminality is going in Gotham. How far it can get, how bad it can get before someone dons that black suit, becomes a vigilante that will change the city forever."

While Jeremiah won't be the Joker by name, he and Jerome were both very heavily influenced by the classic villain from the comics, which actually makes what Gotham is doing with him even more exciting if you're a fan of the source material.

Just before Jerome died, he told Jim Gordon that he was so much more than a man. He's an idea, a concept. The spirit of madness will continue without Jerome walking the Earth. That's exactly the twisted foundation that the Joker himself is built on.

"Well, I think that just spawned the conversation of the idea of it, of the Joker not being a one person, but like I said, it's a personality," Cannon explained. "It's a way of thinking. It's more powerful than just one person. Therefore, that sparked the conversation of, if it's the opposite of good, the opposite of Bruce Wayne, is somebody who just wants to destroy, and wants to do it in a chaotic way, then that could be anyone, because you are literally just going the opposite of your main character and take it as far as you can go. I don't think that's just one person. I think that is a way of life, it's an ideology."

So, while Gotham may not ever use the word "Joker" in reference to a specific character, the villain so clearly rooted in the DNA of the series, just as he should be. Batman can't be born without the Joker, and the Joker is alive and well in the spirit of Gotham City.
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/17/g...not-the-joker/

Hmmmm. So, he isn’t Joker?!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #140
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Title is absolute clickbait, no surprise there. He is, but he's not gonna be called that. Danny Cannon isn't helping though with the still moronic idea of 'the Joker can be anybody, y'all'.

I still have no clue whether this is because of his stubborness, or legal reasons by WB.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #141
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

'Gotham': 'No Man's Land' Finale Will "Reboot" the Series (Exclusive)

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/17/g...-no-mans-land/

Quote:
According to executive producer Danny Cannon, “A Dark Knight: No Man’s Land” will change the fabric of Gotham’s DNA, and serve as a reboot of the show’s story.

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Cannon mentioned that the finale would bring a “cataclysmic event” to Gotham. Knowing that “No Man’s Land” was the title of the Season 4 finale, this wasn’t much of a surprise, but we asked him to elaborate.

"Like I said, the catastrophic event, the cataclysmic event that happens in the last three episodes not only will change Gotham,“ Cannon continued, "it not only combines so many characters that you don’t think will cooperate with each other, but it changes the face of Gotham forever, so that season five, it’s almost a reboot and a different show."

The word "reboot” can be scary for fans of a show, because it typically means that the series is restarting from the ground up. While that’s sort of the intention here with Gotham, Cannon assured us that it’s more about changing the landscape of the show with the same characters. He called it “a reboot of stories,” as opposed to a complete overhaul.

“Our characters have reached a maturity now, our characters are so well defined and that’s why I think as writers, that’s right about the point when you want to change people’s perception of them,” Cannon clarified. “The [term] ‘reboot’ means, just when you thought you knew people, something else will happen, and just when you thought your Season 5 would be like Season 4, Season 5 is completely different. New characters and old characters that have changed. It’s a complete [departure], and the city has changed too, new characters on a new landscape.”

Cannon’s mention of Season 5 was certainly a nice surprise, considering the fate of the show is still in question. While there hasn’t been an official word regarding a renewal yet, the EP was extremely optimistic about another installment, especially considering what happens over the last three episodes of this season.

"We’re building to something much bigger,“ Cannon explained. "It’s the biggest cliffhanger we’ve done. I mean, there has to be Season 5. Everything points to that because it’s set up in that way.”

It sounds like Gotham is heading for a fifth season next fall and, when it does, nothing is going to be same.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #142
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Thinking season 5 (if we get it) will be a loose adaptation of Batman: Year Zero.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #143
DICKBUTTONS
New User - Level 0

What is up with the narration tonight??

DICKBUTTONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #144
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Narration?

Old 04-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #145
herolee10
No More Miracles

I wish they would clarify on what Ra's exactly wants from Bruce because prior to his "death", we were all under the impression that he was molding Bruce to become heir to the demon and then they layer establish that it was Barbara who he had in mind all along for that position.

I had hoped that last night's episode would reveal that Ra's only intended for Barbara to keep his seat warm until Bruce was fully ready but that wasn't the case.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 PM   #146
ComicBookNerd
Side-Kick

Bruce needs to be the Demon’s Head. If they made Batman wannabe, Oliver Queen, the Demon’s Head on Arrow, then they have to make Bruce Wayne the Demon’s Head on Gotham.

ComicBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #147
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Umm, no they don't. That would be stupid.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #148
X Knight
Hope

if the S4 finale is indeed meant to "reboot" the show ( story wise or whatever ), then I think it's a perfect time to finally shift the focus away from Gordon as the main protag and rightfully put the focus on Bruce as the main character.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #149
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

https://twitter.com/jonxproductions/...93001923477506

Expect a Jeremiah White Band trailer within the next two to three weeks.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #150
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

As much as I like David as young Bruce...if they are to transition him to Bats:Year One. I just don't know if I can buy it. He is not big enough.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote