The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #51
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

So I'm not sure if this was a legit spoiler, but I think I just found out what the big thing is that causes the Kara/Lena rift and if true...Lena, girl, how can a character that supposed be so smart make such dumb decisions??

The possible spoiler for those curious: Lena goes to Lillian instead of Kara/Supergirl or The DEO for help with Sam/Reign. Kara finds out Lena has Kryptonite in her lab (maybe the synthetic kind she would have gotten from Lillian to work on "fixing" Sam) and is not happy with her. And after Sam nearly kills Lillian, Lillian uses the opportunity to start helping her daughter "see the light" about Kryptonians, while finally starting to steer her toward the truth about Kara. Which she will finally figure out shortly after and be predictably pissed.

Not sure I buy it as I have no idea if the original source was trustworthy (I think it's one of those paps that spoils stuff from this show all the time), but I'm kinda hoping it's true just so we can get this predictable storyline out of the way, but also because the same source provided another potential spoiler that would make me happy:Superman and Cat are in episodes 21 and 22 again. But not the finale (episode 23), weirdly.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 04-15-2018 at 07:20 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #52
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,993
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

It sounds as cheap as I would assume it to be so it sounds true to me!

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #53
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,554
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Whatever the spoiler is between Kara and Lena, it sounds very similar to the one in Smallville.

As for the other spoiler, please let it be true.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #54
ComicBookNerd
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 416
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Although I love Winn centric episodes, I would’ve comeback from the 9 week hiatus picking up where they left off.

ComicBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #55
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Well, really the only one that was doing anything Reign specific was Lena, and we know what she was doing....not sure that we needed any exposition for that....the episode was a little too fast, but I liked the fun vibe with the dark vibe, very interesting combo.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #56
ComicBookNerd
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 416
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

If they’re going to keep changing the main theme, they should go with “Harnessing Anger”, it’s the Supergirl equivalent to “Run Barry Run”,

ComicBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:36 AM   #57
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

So we now have all the episode titles for the rest of the season:

3x15 - In Search of Lost Time
3x16 - Of Two Minds
3x17 - Trinity
3x18 - Shelter from the Storm
3x19 - The Fanatical
3x20 - The Dark Side of the Moon
3x21 - Not Kansas
3x22 - Make It Reign
3x23 - Battles Lost and Won (tentative title)



Based on those titles (and the possible spoiler about Supes returning for 3x21 and 22) it almost seems like we're in for a Buffy S4 type of situation, where the big climactic battle happens in the 2nd-to-last episode instead of the finale, while the finale is all ramifications and character stuff. That worked awesomely on Buffy because "Restless" was the weirdest, deepest, most wonderful, unexpected season finale ever...but these writers aren't capable of that, lol. So I don't know how well that would work with this show. But we'll see, the titles could be misleading or even wrong, who knows.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:38 AM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 46,118
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I think 3x20 "Dark Side of the Moon" is where we'll see them transform.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #59
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think 3x20 "Dark Side of the Moon" is where we'll see them transform.
Well if the supposed spoilers I read are at all accurate, then that's the ep where everything falls apart between Kara and Lena as Lena confronts her about her identity so that might not be an entirely inaccurate description, lol.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #60
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 46,118
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I was actually making a reference to Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #61
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Yes I’m aware.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #62
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,554
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Trinity looks to be a good episode. I have a feeling James could turn on Team Supergirl to be with Lena.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:28 PM   #63
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I suspect it's called that because it's where we get all 3 Worldkillers working together for the 1st time.

EDIT: Made this post before I saw the synopsis, lol. So yep. Also, just read more potential spoilers, which, if true, would simultaneously piss off BOTH of the most rabid factions of the fanbase, which I would find glorious. Warning, potential MAJOR spoilers for the end of the season if true: Basically, the Legion goes back to the future in 3x18, return a couple eps later where Mon-El/Imra have broken up, leading us to think we're in for a "Karamel" ending, only to have Kara and Mon-El agree in the finale that he now belongs in the future. They've learned that in the 31st Century there's now a virus killing Coluans, so Brainiac 5 stays in our time while Mon-El goes back and takes Winn with him to help cure the virus. So Brainy may be the DEO's "new Winn" when S4 starts (though I'm sure Mon-El will bring Winn back at some point). And Lena goes full mad-scientist, so the Lena stans won't be happy about that.

Personally, I wouldn't like the Lena bit, just because like Guardian, it would feel unearned given the character they've built so far. Shades of grey with an eventual redemption arc would've been the better way to go, imo. But that the same time, I kinda hope all this does pan out because the meltdowns will be worth it, lol.

And yes, these spoilers also mentioned Argo City lives, Alura lives, and that's where the priestess controlling the Worldkillers actually lives. From what I understand, the person who leaked this info has been spot-on in the past, so it has a good chance of being true. That said, this batch of spoilers did NOT mention Superman or Cat returning at all so maybe that bit was false. Still crossing my fingers though.

Honestly, all the possible spoilers I've read for the 2nd half of this season don't sound nearly as dumb as the spoilers we got for the end of last season. I still can't believe that Lena/Mon-El arranged marriage thing turned out to be true.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 04-20-2018 at 12:09 AM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #64
SSAV
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 267
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I also heard that:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
J'onn is leaving too? Is that true? I don't want that. Also, I hope they don't drastically change Brainiac 5's character to go with another love story/melodrama. Give him some time to establish himself in S4 please.


I prefer both Alex and Kara (and the boys too if possible) remain single and happy for a reasonable amount of time before some other romantic interest enter their lives. With Kara, she has been either pining or crushing after someone or in a relationship for most of the series (only a few episodes at the beginning of S2 is different). And, Alex has been like that since beginning of S2 too. I mean... women (and men too) can be single and happy and not want to be in a relationship, you know? For periods of time in their lives (for some, for their entire lives, but that would be difficult for a CW show).

Also:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
May be Brainy will go back and Winn comes back mid-S4? And, may be we could have some episodes set in the future?


Last edited by SSAV; 04-20-2018 at 12:08 AM.
SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:14 AM   #65
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAV View Post
I also heard that:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
J'onn is leaving too? Is that true? I don't want that. Also, I hope they don't drastically change Brainiac 5's character to go with another love story/melodrama. Give him some time to establish himself in S4 please.
Yeah, I read that too but I assume it's just to bring back a new plotline in S4, lol. I SERIOUSLY doubt he'd get bumped as a regular. In fact, I'm not convinced any regulars are getting bumped. Everyone who's "leaving" will come back, imo.

Quote:
I prefer both Alex and Kara (and the boys too if possible) remain single and happy for a reasonable amount of time before some other romantic interest enter their lives. With Kara, she has been either pining or crushing after someone or in a relationship for most of the series (only a few episodes at the beginning of S2 is different). And, Alex has been like that since beginning of S2 too. I mean... women (and men too) can be single and happy and not want to be in a relationship, you know? For periods of time in their lives (for some, for their entire lives, but that would be difficult for a CW show).

Also:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
May be Brainy will go back and Winn comes back mid-S4? And, may be we could have some episodes set in the future?
Agreed, I'd prefer they remain single for a while. Even the single Kara we got in the first part of this season was pining over Mon-El big time so that barely counted.

As for Brainy, I want to keep him. He entertains me more than Winn ever did, at any rate (Winn's "humor" has never worked for me and he's always come across as a 2nd-rate Cisco to me). But if he were to stay, someone would probably need to go.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:15 AM   #66
SSAV
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 267
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I really like Brainy too... But, I am worried that they would spoil him with romance melodrama or love triangle. (may be they will not though; at least, they are not going with the antagonist/teenage angst route).

What are the odds of there being another pod that lifts off Krypton and sails for Earth at the end of Season 3? ;-)

SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:32 AM   #67
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAV View Post
What are the odds of there being another pod that lifts off Krypton and sails for Earth at the end of Season 3? ;-)
Dear Lord I hope not, lol.

And yes, the more we can avoid love triangles, the better. But it's the CW, so...

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #68
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I suspect it's called that because it's where we get all 3 Worldkillers working together for the 1st time.

EDIT: Made this post before I saw the synopsis, lol. So yep. Also, just read more potential spoilers, which, if true, would simultaneously piss off BOTH of the most rabid factions of the fanbase, which I would find glorious. Warning, potential MAJOR spoilers for the end of the season if true: Basically, the Legion goes back to the future in 3x18, return a couple eps later where Mon-El/Imra have broken up, leading us to think we're in for a "Karamel" ending, only to have Kara and Mon-El agree in the finale that he now belongs in the future. They've learned that in the 31st Century there's now a virus killing Coluans, so Brainiac 5 stays in our time while Mon-El goes back and takes Winn with him to help cure the virus. So Brainy may be the DEO's "new Winn" when S4 starts (though I'm sure Mon-El will bring Winn back at some point). And Lena goes full mad-scientist, so the Lena stans won't be happy about that.

Personally, I wouldn't like the Lena bit, just because like Guardian, it would feel unearned given the character they've built so far. Shades of grey with an eventual redemption arc would've been the better way to go, imo. But that the same time, I kinda hope all this does pan out because the meltdowns will be worth it, lol.

And yes, these spoilers also mentioned Argo City lives, Alura lives, and that's where the priestess controlling the Worldkillers actually lives. From what I understand, the person who leaked this info has been spot-on in the past, so it has a good chance of being true. That said, this batch of spoilers did NOT mention Superman or Cat returning at all so maybe that bit was false. Still crossing my fingers though.

Honestly, all the possible spoilers I've read for the 2nd half of this season don't sound nearly as dumb as the spoilers we got for the end of last season. I still can't believe that Lena/Mon-El arranged marriage thing turned out to be true.

If the rumors are true
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
unless you are a stan of Melissa or a fan that watches the show because of Supergirl's story you are not going to be happy. Which just makes me laugh with delight at the karma of those ships that *****ed more than they enjoyed the story of Supergirl this season.


And if the Lena spoiler is true....
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
.I have wanted a bat-**** crazy Lena since she came on the show....so if it's true, MORE POWER TO THEM. I'm loving the rumors, although I'm more than happy to have #Karamel stay as long as it is written much better...or Mon-el comes back for visits. My hope however is that David and Jeremey (although David more than Jeremy) I hope is a temporary deal, whereas Mehcad and Katie can go with ALL MY BLESSINGS) Jeremy I can take or leave, doesn't matter. Annabelle as much as I have enjoyed her Reign arc, leaving with Ruby would not be a huge deal for me. If the toxic stanners and shippers leave with their favs, bye-bye.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:29 PM   #69
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
If the rumors are true
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
unless you are a stan of Melissa or a fan that watches the show because of Supergirl's story you are not going to be happy. Which just makes me laugh with delight at the karma of those ships that *****ed more than they enjoyed the story of Supergirl this season.


And if the Lena spoiler is true....
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
.I have wanted a bat-**** crazy Lena since she came on the show....so if it's true, MORE POWER TO THEM. I'm loving the rumors, although I'm more than happy to have #Karamel stay as long as it is written much better...or Mon-el comes back for visits. My hope however is that David and Jeremey (although David more than Jeremy) I hope is a temporary deal, whereas Mehcad and Katie can go with ALL MY BLESSINGS) Jeremy I can take or leave, doesn't matter. Annabelle as much as I have enjoyed her Reign arc, leaving with Ruby would not be a huge deal for me. If the toxic stanners and shippers leave with their favs, bye-bye.
Aside from disagreeing on Lena as you well know, I agree with most of this. I’ll just add that I would absolutely HATE to see David go, even if I don’t always love his storylines. Jeremy can go, as far as I’m concerned. His talents are better-served on Broadway.

My only other complaint about these spoilers if true, is that they’re basically throwing away their chance to do an epic New Krypton arc in a later season. Even streamlined and scaled down, of all the Superman/Supergirl arcs I’ve read in the comics, that is the one that would most-benefit from a shift to focus on Supergirl, and would make for an absolutely awesome season-long arc. So it sucks to see that they’re likely about to waste the basic concept of it on a little subplot for an episode or two. SUCH wasted potential if true, IMO.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 04-20-2018 at 01:47 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #70
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Aside from disagreeing on Lena as you well know, I agree with most of this. I’ll just add that I would absolutely HATE to see David go, even if I don’t always love his storylines. Jeremy can go, as far as I’m concerned. His talents are better-served on Broadway.

My only other complaint about these spoilers if true, is that they’re basically throwing away their chance to do an epic New Krypton arc in a later season. Even streamlined and scaled down, of all the Superman/Supergirl arcs I’ve read in the comics, that is the one that would most-benefit from a shift to focus on Supergirl, and would make for an absolutely awesome season-long arc. So it sucks to see that they’re likely about to waste the basic concept of it on a little subplot for an episode or two. SUCH wasted potential if true, IMO.
Yeah, it looks like they are going with just using New Krypton in the last few episodes.

As far as Lena, I would have agreed with you this time last year, but her story line as Kara's friend is boring as hell, so lets do something off the wall and fun for the actress at least. Which would be bat**** crazy Either that or do a Checkmate arc, because what they are doing right now with her is boring.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #71
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 85,691
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I suspect it's called that because it's where we get all 3 Worldkillers working together for the 1st time.

EDIT: Made this post before I saw the synopsis, lol. So yep. Also, just read more potential spoilers, which, if true, would simultaneously piss off BOTH of the most rabid factions of the fanbase, which I would find glorious. Warning, potential MAJOR spoilers for the end of the season if true: Basically, the Legion goes back to the future in 3x18, return a couple eps later where Mon-El/Imra have broken up, leading us to think we're in for a "Karamel" ending, only to have Kara and Mon-El agree in the finale that he now belongs in the future. They've learned that in the 31st Century there's now a virus killing Coluans, so Brainiac 5 stays in our time while Mon-El goes back and takes Winn with him to help cure the virus. So Brainy may be the DEO's "new Winn" when S4 starts (though I'm sure Mon-El will bring Winn back at some point). And Lena goes full mad-scientist, so the Lena stans won't be happy about that.

Personally, I wouldn't like the Lena bit, just because like Guardian, it would feel unearned given the character they've built so far. Shades of grey with an eventual redemption arc would've been the better way to go, imo. But that the same time, I kinda hope all this does pan out because the meltdowns will be worth it, lol.

And yes, these spoilers also mentioned Argo City lives, Alura lives, and that's where the priestess controlling the Worldkillers actually lives. From what I understand, the person who leaked this info has been spot-on in the past, so it has a good chance of being true. That said, this batch of spoilers did NOT mention Superman or Cat returning at all so maybe that bit was false. Still crossing my fingers though.

Honestly, all the possible spoilers I've read for the 2nd half of this season don't sound nearly as dumb as the spoilers we got for the end of last season. I still can't believe that Lena/Mon-El arranged marriage thing turned out to be true.
I might have to start watching again...

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #72
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Yeah, it looks like they are going with just using New Krypton in the last few episodes.

As far as Lena, I would have agreed with you this time last year, but her story line as Kara's friend is boring as hell, so lets do something off the wall and fun for the actress at least. Which would be bat**** crazy Either that or do a Checkmate arc, because what they are doing right now with her is boring.
I disagree that her trying to fix Reign is boring. I'm more intrigued by that than literally anything else happening on this show at the moment. I was all ready to have her and Kara both face off about how to handle this eventually, with both parties having a decent argument. Like Lena doesn't approve of the DEO's methods of attacking Reign and tries her own methods to cure her (that the DEO finds too reckless/dangerous and demands she hand Sam over to them) and Kara's caught in the middle with her loyalties pulling her in both directions (which could've led to them FINALLY breaking her away from the DEO, which would've been a plus as well, imo). For me, having her go full-tilt crazy and having Kara/the DEO obviously in the right is a lazy cop-out that just throws away two seasons of character development for Lena, of her constant battle to do some good in this world despite everyone telling her she's not. It also doesn't send a great message, imo. It's like they spent two seasons saying "it doesn't matter your blood or what you were born into, you can make your own fate and be your own hero! ....just kidding! Born a Luthor, your fate is sealed!" For me, it's just the exact wrong way to go with the character, to have her become "just another Luthor" after everything. They've given her PLENTY of opportunities to go bad, but she's always overcome and earned Kara's faith in her. That's the inspiring aspect of her character. She grew up in a toxic environment and had hatred drilled into her from a very young age and still her innate goodness has prevailed, despite some lingering Luthor-esque tendencies. Which puts her in an interesting shade of gray while ultimately on the side of good, imo. We don't need another evil Luthor. Mon-El even said LuthorCorp DOES become a force for good in the future. It's just a dumb choice, imo. But it doesn't bother me that much because at least it should be fun to see Katie play it.

That said, I would definitely support your suggestion of a Checkmate arc for her. That would be interesting, and keep her in that "shades of grey" area I think she works best in.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 04-20-2018 at 08:46 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #73
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I might have to start watching again...
Despite certain complaints, I do think this is easily their best season thus far. They have an actual decent villain/main arc for the first time ever, a focus on Kara's Kryptonian heritage and sense of loss/alienation that I've always liked from the comics, focus on Kara's greatest superpower (compassion) and the Danvers sisters' relationship is more centralized again. Plus Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5 (despite his horrible make-up job) are underused but very likable. Mon-El is even more tolerable this year (though I still have no desire to see him with Kara). Of course the romance subplots still suck, but what else is new, and at least they get less screentime this year. It just feels more focused in general this year, imo. One thing I will always give this show credit for is that each season you can see them working to improve the things that didn't work in the previous season. Which is more than I can say for any of the other DC shows (not you, Black Lightning, you just stay pretty!).

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 04-20-2018 at 09:09 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:41 PM   #74
ComicBookNerd
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 416
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Despite certain complaints, I do think this is easily their best season thus far. They have an actual decent villain/main arc for the first time ever, a focus on Kara's Kryptonian heritage and sense of loss/alienation that I've always liked from the comics, focus on Kara's greatest superpower (compassion) and the Danvers sisters' relationship is more centralized again. Plus Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5 (despite his horrible make-up job) are underused but very likable. Mon-El is even more tolerable this year (though I still have no desire to see him with Kara). Of course the romance subplots still suck, but what else is new, and at least they get less screentime this year. It just feels more focused in general this year, imo. One thing I will always give this show credit for is that each season you can see them working to improve the things that didn't work in the previous season. Which is more than I can say for any of the other DC shows (not you, Black Lightning, you just stay pretty!).
I think season 1 was the best season, but season 3 has really saved the series after the nose dive last season. I just hope they keep the romance out, I think that’s the biggest improvement from last season so far. I hated Mon El last season, but I really like this season’s version. Also, James & Lena’s romance has been completely pointless.

ComicBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:53 PM   #75
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I still hate most of S1 save for a few episodes, lol.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.