The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:20 PM   #426
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Well done mate, really pleased you're in for another season and many more, I expect. All credit to Rafa, his credit will always be good with me.
Thanks mate! I love the guy. Hopefully he goes down in the Toon record books along with Keegan and Robson.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #427
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Yeah congrats to City, they dominated this season. Shame on United and the chasing pack for being such bottlers.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #428
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Curious to read Hunter's thoughts about the game today.

DECEMBER 2018
Old 04-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #429
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Well done to City, deserved winners. If we are their closest "challengers" though they didnt have much to worry about, lol. Pathetic display from us but glad the seasons done with for me, hopefully Spurs win next Saturday and can have a nice break until England roar to the world cup in Russia and bring it home.......................
City definitely deserve the title. Liverpool and Spurs might have been decent rivals if they had started better.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #430
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Yeah all the other teams need work to close the gap, if they can at all, next season. City will only strengthen in the summer as the CL disappointment will be there to spur them on again. The rest seem way off it at the moment, yeah they have moments or a single special player but no team has really come close to them in the league, only Liverpool can seem to match them in a game or us for 45 minutes once they take the lead but over a course of a season their consistantcy is unmatched. They approach every game in the same manner no matter the opposition, today was a perfect example of where United lack that, West Brom out fought us in every department.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #431
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
with the Liverpool offense being a steamroller, as it relates to Roma

the Reds are gonna stick it in and break it off

and the first leg is at Anfield
This is where you need to win the tie. Keeping a clean sheet will be important too I think. Should suit you having the first leg at Anfield.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #432
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Yeah all the other teams need work to close the gap, if they can at all, next season. City will only strengthen in the summer as the CL disappointment will be there to spur them on again. The rest seem way off it at the moment, yeah they have moments or a single special player but no team has really come close to them in the league, only Liverpool can seem to match them in a game or us for 45 minutes once they take the lead but over a course of a season their consistantcy is unmatched. They approach every game in the same manner no matter the opposition, today was a perfect example of where United lack that, West Brom out fought us in every department.
If Utd don’t improve next season it will be back to a top 4 battle and relying on Arsenal and Chelsea continuing to be ****. The main risk is if Chelsea change manager.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #433
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed with all of this, unfortunately. Liverpool and United feel like the only real contenders for next season, unless Spurs add a lot of talent to their side and spend a decent amount of money. Arsenal and Chelsea are quite clearly far off the boil, and Chelsea are likely going to be welcoming a new coach that will take time to acclimate.

Liverpool have the benefit of having a sharp attack and a lot of confidence on their side, they seem like they're a decent CM (Naby Keita), another creative forward/midfielder, and a solid CB away from having a formidable side without too many serious gaps.

United on the other hand need another CB, two full backs, and potentially a CM or two as well if we're letting players go. I'm really concerned about the absolute inconsistency in terms of attitude, and we've had that since LvG's days. I can't fathom how a team that showed so much drive to get 3 goals against City could bottle it so badly against a West Brom side nearing relegation.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #434
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Yeah the thing with City is they could sign no one in the summer and still push for the title again next season, all the other sides have problems not only with getting players in but also keeping hold of what they have.

Chelsea as you say may well have a new manager, might lose Hazard, have several players approaching 30, at least they wont struggle to attract players in with their money and no CL football might help but to go toe to toe with City seems a big ask next year.

Spurs, have the quality but still have the mental block, will no doubt face fresh attacks for Kane, Eriksen, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Alli etc plus moving to a new stadium might take a bit of time to adjust too like Wembley did this season.

Liverpool have the attack to compete, no doubt, and will take a lot of confidence from this season but their defense still needs work and if Salah is not as hot/lengthy injury will they have enough in reserve to go the distance? Much like Spurs after the first 11 there isnt the depth of a City.

United, yeah we know the problems there, defense has issues, not really sure of our best 11 or formation, De Gea to Madrid will no doubt be heard all summer. Can play in patches but not disciplined enough to do it on the consistant level required yet.

Arsenal, Wenger.

Burnely maybe could do a Leicester??

Old 04-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #435
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Just seen city’s celebration video they filmed weeks ago

Jesus Christ it’s bad and I mean sugar coated cheesy bad I’d be embarrassed if United pulled something like this so cgi heavy so over the top

https://twitter.com/etisalat/status/...489338369?s=21

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter

Last edited by the_ultimate_evil; 04-15-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #436
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Just seen city’s celebration video they filmed weeks ago

Jesus Christ it’s bad and I mean sugar coated cheesy bad I’d be embarrassed if United pulled something like this so cgi heavy so over the top

https://twitter.com/etisalat/status/...489338369?s=21
Its something that Melchester Rovers would be proud of....

Old 04-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #437
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Feel the same with poch obviously. But also salah, would love the prem to be the melting pot, real and barca can fade a bit when messi and ronaldo go. Won't happen probably.
Does feel like a similar situation with Poch which is great for Spurs. I hope so too but not sure UEFA will allow that to happen.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:42 AM   #438
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Not sure how I feel about Roma, they were actually the one team I wanted to avoid due to their defense

I have a ticket for the home leg though so absolutely buzzing in anticipation!

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #439
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Not sure how I feel about Roma, they were actually the one team I wanted to avoid due to their defense

I have a ticket for the home leg though so absolutely buzzing in anticipation!
Ah, nice one mate! Could be a real night to remember.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #440
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Ah, nice one mate! Could be a real night to remember.
yeah, IF (and a big if imo) we get to the final there's no way I can go (a friend I've known since I was 4 is getting married that day) so I thought **** it and got hospitality tickets

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 04-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #441
B
[insert witty comment]

Important question:

In women's football, if 1 player puts the ball through another player's legs, is it still called a nutmeg?

Old 04-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #442
killface
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Important question:

In women's football, if 1 player puts the ball through another player's legs, is it still called a nutmeg?
a hymeg?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #443
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Squeaky bum time for clubs at the bottom. The only way teams will stay up if others drop points. I cant see many of the bottom 5 or 6 picking up many more points (and I say that as a Swansea fan).
Nervy finish ahead for a few clubs.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Old 04-17-2018, 06:53 AM   #444
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
Squeaky bum time for clubs at the bottom. The only way teams will stay up if others drop points. I cant see many of the bottom 5 or 6 picking up many more points (and I say that as a Swansea fan).
Nervy finish ahead for a few clubs.
There was a while when the clubs at the bottom were picking up points and things were looking dangerous for everyone but that seems to have dried up now.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #445
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
yeah, IF (and a big if imo) we get to the final there's no way I can go (a friend I've known since I was 4 is getting married that day) so I thought **** it and got hospitality tickets
Exactly, might as well splurge in that case. Hope the match turns out to be a great one.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #446
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
There was a while when the clubs at the bottom were picking up points and things were looking dangerous for everyone but that seems to have dried up now.
Realistically now, it will take a miracle to keep WBA & Stoke up with 4 games left.

We still have to play Stoke & Southampton at home. Will be vital. Congrats to you guys for putting a run together though. Are you confirmed safe yet?

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Old 04-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #447
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
It's not as if the others haven't tried.. look at how much they've spent. Sooner or later, the Manager will kopp the fall.

Poch is safe as houses though, as is Klopp. Conte is practically gone & Mourinho isn't far behind IMO. The £££ United & Chelsea have spent to finish so far behind is worrying.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #448
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Realistically now, it will take a miracle to keep WBA & Stoke up with 4 games left.

We still have to play Stoke & Southampton at home. Will be vital. Congrats to you guys for putting a run together though. Are you confirmed safe yet?
Pretty much. Mathematically Southampton could get 5 wins out of 5 and we get zero and they’d overtake us l, or 4 wins and a draw to tie it up and a truckload of goals to overtake us on goal difference. Neither seems at all likely of course especially as we’d just need to get a result ourself to make it all a mute effort. 4 wins in a row is huge when you’re in a relegation fight. No way enough teams at the bottom can keep up with that pace. Really glad Rafa turned it around so well.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #449
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
It's not as if the others haven't tried.. look at how much they've spent. Sooner or later, the Manager will kopp the fall.

Poch is safe as houses though, as is Klopp. Conte is practically gone & Mourinho isn't far behind IMO. The £££ United & Chelsea have spent to finish so far behind is worrying.
What about Arsenal if Burnley overtake them for 6th?! They’re only 2 points behind. CL football is looking a long way off for them in the immediate future) unless they win the Europa League), but if they start finishing outside the Euro places altogether next season surely something would happen. Maybe we can start reeling them in.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:09 AM   #450
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
What about Arsenal if Burnley overtake them for 6th?! They’re only 2 points behind. CL football is looking a long way off for them in the immediate future) unless they win the Europa League), but if they start finishing outside the Euro places altogether next season surely something would happen. Maybe we can start reeling them in.
Ha! I didn't even consider Arsenal. That's how much of a non threat they are to the top 4 atm. You would be gutted if you are Aubamayang & went there.

Closed Thread